Fan Mounts...new Design coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to assume, but is one of these mounts available still?

I hate to assume, but is one of these mounts available still?

The guy offering these hasn’t been seen on the board for almost half a year so I think it’s safe to say that there is no availability right now or for the foreseeable future.

The guy offering these hasn’t been seen on the board for almost half a year so I think it’s safe to say that there is no availability right now or for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, I was in contact with him awhile back and he was pretty sick. I haven't been on for awhile and saw someone had a couple of them he was parting with.

Any idea if this guy is okay?
I had his personal phone#..
Called and txted a couple of months back..
Had no luck reaching him or have heard anything back..

Detlef spoke on the phone with me much early on. Wanted me to build his 3 diffs. Sent them to me. Offered to pay. I never do this for $$$. Nice guy. In return he gave 2 Prototype Fan mounts. ( single and a double)
I could tell he was kind of stressed out and had sudden heart issues that put him in the Hospital.
Then disappeared. I called him so many times since.
He would always pick up his phone to chat.
Just no more.:(

Just dialed him now. Got a voicemail. Left a message.:unsure:

Where are you dude?:rolleyes:

He was so into RC. Clicked well with all the members here. Very respectful guy.
Fit in easily as a fairly new AF member
It was a stress reliever for him.:rolleyes:
He lived alone.
And I can't understand how his phone # never went out of service.:unsure:

He was a Laser cutting technician by trade. Had his own Business in Cali for a while. Knew how to repair and operate Laser cutters.

Last edited:
Well, he was open about his faith in Jesus. I wondered because he called himself Infidel67 and once asked him what's the story behind it. If that is the case he is busy driving some really cool RC cars. Designs we would love to have. After all it's called heaven. 😋 And he's got lots of them. The RC tracks rearrange automatically when you want a different track. Really cool track designs. Lots of different tracks there. Crawler, paved, circuit, bashing, ramps, speed etc. When you crash the rigs automatically get fixed. To wrench is in a personal workshop. He designs stuff there. And the RC batteries are never empty. In fact it's light propulsion systems.

Hell is where all you get a broken wishbone for eternity. :oops: It's called hell after all.

Perhaps he is fine, and he'll have a good laugh at this. Or an angel just fetched him to look down from heavenly balcony to see how we are wondering how he is doing. And giving us a big thumbs up waving with his new fan design. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
I searched for obituaries. Nothing shows up for his age and Death.
I hope he didn't end up in Potter's Field.:rolleyes:
There are many others with his name. But no matches at all. Not even close to being him.

He was a very low key guy. No fanfare about him. A humble guy.

Last edited:
I searched for obituaries. Nothing shows up for his age and Death.
I hope he didn't end up in Potter's Field.:rolleyes:
There are many others with his name. But no matches at all. Not even close to being him.

He was a very low key guy. No fanfare about him. A humble guy.
You must really want those fan mounts....

Nah, there’s just a few of us that came to really like the guy and still wonder what happened to him on occasion. I did the same thing, searching through obituaries, reaching out and everything I could think of with no luck. I already had one of his fan mounts and it works great on my Noto.

Like I said earlier, he gave me 2 prototype fan mounts, a double and single. Asked me to trial fit them on different motors etc.
They are nice strong SS fan mounts. Laser cutting was his trade specialty.

He is/was a good guy, we had a few chats also. He fit in here perfectly. I want to think the best, but I fear the worst. Really do hope he is ok somewhere and just headed another direction, but he wasn't the kind of guy to just disappear without saying goodbye. :(

These pix are taken from @Prowler666 build. I polished mine to a smooth chrome finish. This SS is very hard to polish.
Maybe someone can duplicate these? I have seen similar on Fleabay once.
1668100302273.png

1668100357202.png

1668100601232.png

The above is what I call a "Good fan setup".(y)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back