Fan Mounts...new Design coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These pix are taken from @Prowler666 build. I polished mine to a smooth chrome finish. This SS is very hard to polish.
Maybe someone can duplicate these? I have seen similar on Fleabay once.
View attachment 255521
View attachment 255522
View attachment 255523
The above is what I call a "Good fan setup".(y)

Since I couldn't manufacture anything metal back when I first approached him..
I was in the process of asking him if he's willing to collaborate on different designs before he completely vanished..

Perhaps I can give it a go now.

I was in the process of asking him if he's willing to collaborate on different designs before he completely vanished..

Yes you can! In the words of my stepdaughter…’I have faith in you. You CAN do it.’

You should make some. If he comes back, you could just stop manufacturing them.

You should make some. If he comes back, you could just stop manufacturing them.

I guess I can try with one new design that I had in mind..

Just wish we have heard something from him..
I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Especially since this is his vendor thread.

You would want to start a new thread and notify us via DM. You would need a vendor badge.
Why? The original design wasn’t Deets. It was given to him. Then the designer made a stink about it when Deet started making them for folks, even though he had said Deet could use it. Tex makes many products of his own design that he sells already. Perhaps it’s in his plans to become a vendor someday but he doesn’t ‘need’ to.

Come on now.
It is just a flat piece of 2mm SS metal plate stock. 127mm long x 40mm wide. Put into a 90 degree Bender at the 50mm mark for a single fan version.... Then drilled/lasered or even CNC'ed. Just need the equipment and drive to do it.
Leave off the EXB and fan grille design. Which was Deet's unique design. I don't think Deet would mind at this point. It is now your own. No one can claim it is theirs. It is custom. It works. Screw it.
How I see custom work in RC parts.
And Chinesium RC parts are all knock offs of one another anyway.
:cool:

Come on now.
It is just a flat piece of 2mm SS metal plate stock. 127mm long x 40mm wide. Put into a 90 degree Bender at the 50mm mark for a single fan version.... Then drilled/lasered or even CNC'ed. Just need the equipment and drive to do it.
Leave off the EXB and fan grille design. Which was Deet's unique design. I don't think Deet would mind at this point. It is now your own. No one can claim it is theirs. It is custom. It works. Screw it.
Some people get a little possessive and think they will be their retirement plan. Sure I'd like to make a buck or two, but it's mostly a pain in the butt and not much money. I don't think most people realize that when you have a business you have business expenses, like licensing, insurance, taxes and people to do all those things. That's not even counting your time to design the stupid thing.

Honestly I'm not sure how the little guy makes any money selling for time & materials + 20% or 30%. It should really be like 3-5X the total cost of production.

Realistically, do it because you want to and help out another RC enthusiast, not to make money.

Come on now.
The pics you posted from my build page was My original design with the grill design that matched the fan pattern in said pics. And I did offer the cad files at some stage.;)

They could be yes, but when my cad work was used by someone I got trolalololaloled about it, so washed my hands of it and walked away. Plus that's an old prototype design now.
U still have a design for sale? Always looking for a better mousetrap

They could be yes, but when my cad work was used by someone I got trolalololaloled about it, so washed my hands of it and walked away. Plus that's an old prototype design now.
I understand how you feel about that.

The pics you posted from my build page was My original design with the grill design that matched the fan pattern in said pics. And I did offer the cad files at some stage.;)
So where are you in terms of making these for the community to purchase? Would love to get some info on what you have to date. It shows based on comments everyone really digs your design and that's what drove and is still driving folks to inquire about "someone" making them and selling them to us cool kids. 😎
Sharing is caring

Realistically, do it because you want to and help out another RC enthusiast, not to make money.
That was my point.
It is just a simple Plate of metal and can be custom made by someone if they're so inclined.. Piecemeal basis.

He got into RC real fast within 2 years, then had health issues. He loved his rigs so much too. :rolleyes: He was a natural at this.
I think he left us for a better place above . Stress and poor health......
Hard to think he would just put RC down to move on elsewhere.
I periodically call his Phone. Leaving a voicemail.
I'm hoping to know either way. Hoping someone calls me back.

Edit.
Just left another voicemail.:whistle:

Last edited:
He got into RC real fast within 2 years, then had health issues. He loved his rigs so much too. :rolleyes: He was a natural at this.
I think he left us for a better place above . Stress and poor health......
Hard to think he would just put RC down to move on elsewhere.
I periodically call his Phone. Leaving a voicemail.
I'm hoping to know either way. Hoping someone calls me back.

Edit.
Just left another voicemail.:whistle:
Damn.. :cry:

I assume you know his full name having his personal number? I know this sounds morbid, have you checked obituaries?

EDIT, probably should have scrolled a page back first. :rolleyes:

So where are you in terms of making these for the community to purchase? Would love to get some info on what you have to date. It shows based on comments everyone really digs your design and that's what drove and is still driving folks to inquire about "someone" making them and selling them to us cool kids. 😎
Sharing is caring
What I have been working on to date as requested :D
Fan Samples.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back