Fan overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I have a fan... it’s not spinning fast and now it’s overheating. The motor is at room temp, here’s the fan temp:

Fan was at 160 before lol
Makes a weird buzzing sound then finally starts going fast, but after awhile starts buzzing again until it gets going.

Lol that's funny mine used to be really loud until they warmed up a bit then they got quiet and the speed increased that was when i had fans before they all blew too shreds.
Yeah see this one is pretty old. It’s from my CC blower off my e revo from 10 months ago, but I replaced that cc fan with a yeahracing one and put the cc fan into my senton... maybe it’s hungry? I’ll give it more volts... will buy a 9v battery and hook it up tonight. Probably just needs a little bump to get going because it’s old.

Yeah see this one is pretty old. It’s from my CC blower off my e revo from 10 months ago, but I replaced that cc fan with a yeahracing one and put the cc fan into my senton... maybe it’s hungry? I’ll give it more volts... will buy a 9v battery and hook it up tonight. Probably just needs a little bump to get going because it’s old.
Yeah might be a hungry fan could be the magnets got weak from so much use and heat from the fire breathing revo

Yeah might be a hungry fan could be the magnets got weak from so much use and heat from the fire breathing revo
Omg I’m dying. It’s so funny because it’s true. Now that I think about it my 200 degree motors probably wore out this fan because the CC blower mount makes the fan sit right on top of the motor... probably makes them pretty hungry!!!

I will give it more voltage tonight.

Omg I’m dying. It’s so funny because it’s true. Now that I think about it my 200 degree motors probably wore out this fan because the CC blower mount makes the fan sit right on top of the motor... probably makes them pretty hungry!!!

I will give it more voltage tonight.
Lol that's funny. On the bright side atleast your fans survive to get old unlike mine. At this point i really think it would be cheaper to run my esc and motors till they blow and buy a new one then too keep buying fans

Here I’ll hook it up to a 3s lipo it still does the same sound and slowness... just louder.

Lol that's funny. On the bright side atleast your fans survive to get old unlike mine. At this point i really think it would be cheaper to run my esc and motors till they blow and buy a new one then too keep buying fans
What are you out $100 from all your fans HAH. I guess my CC blower saves my fans (due to being plastic) so they last forever. Obviously plastic doesn’t get rid of heat well but I just drilled holes in it. Here’s the current fan in my revo.

Oh don’t mind that burnt plastic on the red label near the aluminum Heatsink... that gear cover flew off and hit the motor towards the end of my run so it just melted.

Lol poor little guy i think it's time to retire it. Amazon 3 for 14$
Yes a very sad time... maybe it is time to retire... but I think it might just be super hungry???? I’ll do 2 9v batteries in series... maybe then it’ll work.

Damn fan has been through 240 degrees and 3 motors.

Edit: actually about to be 4. Current motor is sooooo bad right now. I’m not even gonna take it to the skate park until I get a new one. Will post a video on how low on torque it is after I get my wing mount.

What are you out $100 from all your fans HAH. I guess my CC blower saves my fans (due to being plastic) so they last forever. Obviously plastic doesn’t get rid of heat well but I just drilled holes in it. Here’s the current fan in my revo.

View attachment 32887

Oh don’t mind that burnt plastic on the red label near the aluminum Heatsink... that gear cover flew off and hit the motor towards the end of my run so it just melted.
That reminds me of my outcast when it was stock it was toasty! And I've blown about 6 fans already usually 1per bash

That reminds me of my outcast when it was stock it was toasty! And I've blown about 6 fans already usually 1per bash
Holy crap. Maybe the aluminum chassis makes a ton of shock for the fan?

Well nvm my vorza flux never broke a fan even at skate parks... then again I never had a motor fan on that thing, only the mamba monster esc fan, and those never break.

Yes a very sad time... maybe it is time to retire... but I think it might just be super hungry???? I’ll do 2 9v batteries in series... maybe then it’ll work.

Damn fan has been through 240 degrees and 3 motors.

Edit: actually about to be 4. Current motor is sooooo bad right now. I’m not even gonna take it to the skate park until I get a new one. Will post a video on how low on torque it is after I get my wing mount.
Try a 6s lipo that's usually the cure all for 5v fans

Try a 6s lipo that's usually the cure all for 5v fans
Lol I bet it is. Honestly I don’t even have a 6s brick right now so I’m limited to 3s. Pretty sure 2 9v batteries are almost 20v because of the sitting voltage

Lol I bet it is. Honestly I don’t even have a 6s brick right now so I’m limited to 3s. Pretty sure 2 9v batteries are almost 20v because of the sitting voltage
Yeah it would be close to 20v lol but I'm honestly selling all my 6s to my buddy they get my wallet in trouble ??

I'm not a brick pack kind of guy lol. I run dual 3s in all my trucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back