Kraton Fan replacements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
What are the best replacement fans I can get for the stock Firma 160A ESC and the K8 1250kv motor. My motor fan just stopped running and 2 blades broke off of the ESC fan. Instead of ordering stock replacements I was hoping there was something better out there.

I just got a couple Kaze XL 40mm fans think they are supposed to be like 28000 rpm on 8.4v so they definitely move some air and are aluminum framed also. Here's a link from amain 👍 https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-b...ilver-bro-tbr-kazexlsilver/p-qqqeqqyqpz2rqctz

I got the same one for my MMX8S but honestly I think it was a typo for 28k because sure don't feel or sound like it. The smaller 30mm are 28k and sound like it but the 40mm????

Also the 40mm is not a direct fitment on the k8 heatsink. You need 50mm.

Motor fan is 50mm
Esc is 35mm. ( Get power hobby for esc)

I got the same one for my MMX8S but honestly I think it was a typo for 28k because sure don't feel or sound like it. The smaller 30mm are 28k and sound like it but the 40mm????

Also the 40mm is not a direct fitment on the k8 heatsink. You need 50mm.

Motor fan is 50mm
Esc is 35mm. ( Get power hobby for esc)
I actually ordered a 50mm and a 35mm fan but they are Rocket brand. Theyre the same thing you guys are talking about though I think. Aluminum housing and very high RPM fans. Im confident that the 50mm will fit on the motor mount but IDK if the 35mm one will fit in the ESC. I may just leave the shroud off the ESC or I have a spare fan that I pulled out of a bad 150A Firma ESC I had layign around. same fan I realized :)

35mm will definitely fit.

So you have a link to the 50mm? Haven't seen those before high speed ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back