Kraton fans and heat sinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
So ive just rebuilt and serviced my v3, full tear down, new sealed bearings, new servo etc. I noticed the stock esc fan wasn't working, i don't do speed runs, just ramps and jumps. Do i need this fan? I also wonder about my granite 3s and senton 3s, those heat sinks on the motors clank like hell, does anyone keep them on?

Last edited:
Do you "need" the fan? I guess it really depends on the user. It's kind of an accessory so you can bash without worrying about temps obsessively. I'm a lazy SOB and just want to bash and not worry about checking temps. I carry a temp gun with me and i'll check temps during the inevitable "flip over" bc why not. I have the stock ESC fan and motor fans. So technically I'd say it's not required if you monitor your heat closely. Over time you'll likely become familiar with how the temps increase based on time, ambient temp, driving surface and driving style.
My suggestion is to replace it when you can, but monitor temps closely in the meantime.

Get a heat gun and check. Cheaper than a fan. If you stay below 160 you don't need one. Above 175 it's too late and damage done, just a matter of time.
Jumping is a lot of on/off and probably ok. Bashing and WOT on grass or mud is where it heats up. Also depends on ambient temps.
If you add fans they will crack when jumping and not landing as planned ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back