Outcast Fast Eddies bearings location. Many of them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
How did all of you that installed these bearing sets figure out which bearings went where since there are a bunch of them? I'm assuming the bearings for all 3 differentials and the motor are included? Thanks. It's for my Outcast 6s.

How did all of you that installed these bearing sets figure out which bearings went where since there are a bunch of them? I'm assuming the bearings for all 3 differentials and the motor are included? Thanks. It's for my Outcast 6s.
I just compared them to the stock bearings as I went along. You can also check the exploded diagram from Arrma and measure the bearing to match them up.

I just compared them to the stock bearings as I went along. You can also check the exploded diagram from Arrma and measure the bearing to match them up.
I found some that were a perfect match with the differential bearings. So I guess I was right about those being included in the kit? Thanks.

The best place to start is your Outcast manual.

Yes. Typically everything except the motor itself.
So no bearings for the motor are included? Thanks. How about the steering? Any bearings for those components? Edit : so they do include some bearings to replace the steering bushings from what I have read? I'm still guessing about the motor bearings. I've been trying to get out the wheel bearings out, but those damn components are super tight because of the loctite. I'll see what I can do about that (probably will have to heat things up).

Last edited:
So no bearings for the motor are included? Thanks. How about the steering? Any bearings for those components? Edit : so they do include some bearings to replace the steering bushings from what I have read? I'm still guessing about the motor bearings. I've been trying to get out the wheel bearings out, but those damn components are super tight because of the loctite. I'll see what I can do about that (probably will have to heat things up).
No heat just pry little at a time while changing positions. No motor bearings

No heat just pry little at a time while changing positions. No motor bearings
What I can't get loose is the hex screw in the middle of the hex. But I have not tried putting my vise grip on the hex driver itself yet. That's how I've been able to break loose some of the other hex screws that had loctite on them.

What I can't get loose is the hex screw in the middle of the hex. But I have not tried putting my vise grip on the hex driver itself yet. That's how I've been able to break loose some of the other hex screws that had loctite on them.
Put a soldering iron on the inner nut for 5 mins to heat it up, then try using a 17mm wrench on the hex and a good hex driver on the inner nut. It should make a snap noise and then come out easy.

The hex wrench that comes with your rig has a hole through it. You can hold the hub nut with the wrench and slide the hex driver through the hole to loosen the set screw.

Put a soldering iron on the inner nut for 5 mins to heat it up, then try using a 17mm wrench on the hex and a good hex driver on the inner nut. It should make a snap noise and then come out easy.
OK so I got one loose using my hex wrench and vice grip for levarage. But I feel that it turn and turns and doesn't move from the same spot? Or do I just keep going? That pin at the end of the hub should come out easily after removing this thing right? Thanks. That thing was a bear to release, but I have my tricks. I just didn't know if I was supposed to keep going until some kind of screw comes out? Thanks.
What about that pin that is at the end of the hex towards the rear near the bearing? Thanks.

A few of my pins fell out, but the others I had to pound out with a small hex driver by tapping it with the handle of another hex driver. They sometimes get loctite on them too, which prevents them from sliding out easily.

A few of my pins fell out, but the others I had to pound out with a small hex driver by tapping it with the handle of another hex driver. They sometimes get loctite on them too, which prevents them from sliding out easily.
Well mine is being pounded super hard and it will not budge. There's also a bearing on the inside of the wheel hex right? Edit : finally I got it. I'm glad I have mechanical skills from my car mechanic previously. Hehe. Thanks. Now the only problem is that I put so much force on my hex driver that it came loose and the same brand hex driver (turnigy) sucks so I'm stuck. I'll have to go to the LHS to see what tools they have so that I can continue. Hehe. No biggie. I do have a cheap hex driver at home but it also sucks.

Last edited:

I always do it like this..

20190712_080207.jpg

If you have a 120mm hex driver.. You can put it through the 17mm Armma crosswheelwrench

I finally got the wheel bearings done! Those set screws on the hex looked just like a grub screw. Went to the LHS and found the tools that I had messed up. Thanks everyone again for all your ideas and help.

I finally got the wheel bearings done! Those set screws on the hex looked just like a grub screw. Went to the LHS and found the tools that I had messed up. Thanks everyone again for all your ideas and help.
You’re gonna have to change your name soon. Those hexes have taught you a thing or two. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back