Granite Fast Eddies bearings. Slipper clutch included (bearings?).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I can figure out by myself with all the other bearings like I just did with my Outcast 6s, but now it's my granite BLX on the table. My slipper clutch just took a dump (90% sure of that). I was wondering if the bearings for that component are included in the fast Eddies kit? Thanks!

Cool thanks for all your replies. I guess I'll have to get the bearings for the bushings in the steering somewhere else. Does anyone know what size they are from the top of their heads?

I love Fast Eddy but for the love of God, please update the website. It's a mess.
Hallelujah brother. Someone needs to redo all his kits.

So it looks like it's not my slipper clutch but the freaking spur gear is totally stripped out. Pinion on motor is fine. So can I just buy the spur gear or the whole thing has to be bought? I'm assuming the latter. Thanks. Are there metal ring gears available or that is not a good idea? I see hot racing makes a metal spur gear. ?

Last edited:
Metal spur from the 4s versions fit fine...

But the question is what bearings went bad to allow the spur to strip? Check for play in the motor bearing at the pinion end... also check the spur carrier bearings and the input bearing of the rear diff..

Metal spur from the 4s versions fit fine...

But the question is what bearings went bad to allow the spur to strip? Check for play in the motor bearing at the pinion end... also check the spur carrier bearings and the input bearing of the rear diff..
Ah OK. I'm assuming that I have all the bearings mentioned in my fast Eddies kit except for the bearings in the motor. So is the 4s spur gear a direct fit? Thanks.

Yes all the spur gears from the 3S and 4S are the same size and pitch. The Mega line uses a different pitch and tooth count, so don’t get a Mega version. The reason why you shredded the plastic spur is possibly mesh too. Consider the BLX adjustable motor mount. HR makes one too.

Yes all the spur gears from the 3S and 4S are the same size and pitch. The Mega line uses a different pitch and tooth count, so don’t get a Mega version. The reason why you shredded the plastic spur is possibly mesh too. Consider the BLX adjustable motor mount. HR makes one too.
Ah OK. Cool. But I thought that the mesh has a preset fixed position? . You know, the 15t has a spot on the motor as does the 20t pinion (different holes in the motor for the screws) . Speaking of pinions. Should I throw in the 20T pinion since I'm in there already? Any heat issues with that? I mostly run on dirt and grass. Thanks. I'm almost 100% that my stock bearings took a crap on the slipper, but I have the fast Eddies in hand for that. But not the motor ones.

Ah OK. Cool. But I thought that the mesh has a preset fixed position? . You know, the 15t has a spot on the motor as does the 20t pinion (different holes in the motor for the screws) . Speaking of pinions. Should I throw in the 20T pinion since I'm in there already? Any heat issues with that? I mostly run on dirt and grass. Thanks. I'm almost 100% that my stock bearings took a crap on the slipper, but I have the fast Eddies in hand for that. But not the motor ones.
The preset holes are the issue. They set the mesh too tight, which shreds spurs. You can simply drill them out a tad larger if you don't want to buy the adjustable mount.

As far as pinions, the 15T is fine. You will overheat with the 20T unless you do something else to prevent it, like adding a heatsink and fan to the motor, change where you run, as in no longer run in grass or full throttle for long spans. You will also see that the motor will begin to cog off the line, which means it is sluggish starting. You will also crash at higher speeds, which will break more things.

If you want a faster truck than the 3S, buy a 6S, which is made to handle the speed better.

The preset holes are the issue. They set the mesh too tight, which shreds spurs. You can simply drill them out a tad larger if you don't want to buy the adjustable mount.

As far as pinions, the 15T is fine. You will overheat with the 20T unless you do something else to prevent it, like adding a heatsink and fan to the motor, change where you run, as in no longer run in grass or full throttle for long spans. You will also see that the motor will begin to cog off the line, which means it is sluggish starting. You will also crash at higher speeds, which will break more things.

If you want a faster truck than the 3S, buy a 6S, which is made to handle the speed better.
Ah OK. That was insightful. Yeah I'll stick to the 15T pinion then. It's plenty fast for me as is. I see your point about the adjustable mount. I'll probably pick one up then. Thanks for the tip. Off topic, what about a 20T pinion on a Typhon 3s? Same issue?

Ah OK. That was insightful. Yeah I'll stick to the 15T pinion then. It's plenty fast for me as is. I see your point about the adjustable mount. I'll probably pick one up then. Thanks for the tip. Off topic, what about a 20T pinion on a Typhon 3s? Same issue?
I actually run a 24T on my Typhon 3S but I have the adjustable mount, heatsink, and dial fans on the motor. I also have the 4S ESC and motor. If I tried this on 3S it would cog really bad, but the fans would keep it cool.

I actually run a 24T on my Typhon 3S but I have the adjustable mount, heatsink, and dial fans on the motor. I also have the 4S ESC and motor. If I tried this on 3S it would cog really bad, but the fans would keep it cool.
Ah OK. I'll just stick with the stock pinion on that one too. I ordered the adjustable mount and 4s spur gear for my granite today. Thanks for your help.

Ah OK. I'll just stick with the stock pinion on that one too. I ordered the adjustable mount and 4s spur gear for my granite today. Thanks for your help.
For what it’s worth, the 18T is probably the highest I would go on the 3S setup for general bashing. Anything above that is going to have cogging and loss of torque.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back