Granite Fast Eddies bearings. Slipper clutch included (bearings?).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it’s worth, the 18T is probably the highest I would go on the 3S setup for general bashing. Anything above that is going to have cogging and loss of torque.
OK I have the metal spur gear and adjustable mount in hand! So what's the mesh adjustment look like? Do I use the piece of paper trick? Thanks.

OK I have the metal spur gear and adjustable mount in hand! So what's the mesh adjustment look like? Do I use the piece of paper trick? Thanks.
Yes that works. Basically you want to be able to rock the spur a tiny bit without the pinion moving. Just a fraction of an inch.

Yes that works. Basically you want to be able to rock the spur a tiny bit without the pinion moving. Just a fraction of an inch.
One last question. I forgot to ask about the bearings on the differentials. I'm assuming that they are included in the fast Eddies bearing kit? Thanks! Just finished up putting together the slipper clutch and metal spur gear. The adjustment screw was a freaking bear to take out so I put a little lube in it on the thread side to get things moving on.

One last question. I forgot to ask about the bearings on the differentials. I'm assuming that they are included in the fast Eddies bearing kit? Thanks! Just finished up putting together the slipper clutch and metal spur gear. The adjustment screw was a freaking bear to take out so I put a little lube in it on the thread side to get things moving on.
Yes all bearing sets should have the diff bearings

Last edited:
Yes all bearing sets should have the diff bearings
Hey, I just took the one of the diffs apart and I thought they were full of grease, but to me it looks more like oil in there? So should I use 30k or 50k if it is oil? Thanks. I see that 10k is recommended. It doesn't look like it has much. I do have 10k in hand. So just add a little bit? Thanks.

Attachments

• 15706442029043352267342599350515.jpg
    15706442029043352267342599350515.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 39
Hey, I just took the one of the diffs apart and I thought they were full of grease, but to me it looks more like oil in there? So should I use 30k or 50k if it is oil? Thanks. I see that 10k is recommended. It doesn't look like it has much. I do have 10k in hand. So just add a little bit? Thanks.
Yes 10k cst is stock. If you want better steering, like for a track, stay 10k or under. If you are bashing and want better straight line speed, go thicker. 50k max.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back