Fast eddy bearings are bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My fast eddy bearings are not lasting really long the inside turns black and in the ones where my red n tacky bleeded inside them from the diff are squeaky clean inside from now on the stock grease of bearings are going to go away and be remplaced by my own grease the 10x15x4 after cleaning a lot of shiny metal comes out on the paper even the ones who were inside the sun gear hiden from dirt
The protek ones my first bearings lasted almost half a year with montly cleaning

They all seem the same to me no matter what brand. I did just buy my first ever set of Bocas, my TRBRC motor bearings blew out in my Typhon motor so I said F it I'm going balls out this time, in hindsight I could have just bought another motor for the same price as the 2 bearings.

They all seem the same to me no matter what brand. I did just buy my first ever set of Bocas, my TRBRC motor bearings blew out in my Typhon motor so I said F it I'm going balls out this time, in hindsight I could have just bought another motor for the same price as the 2 bearings.
Outch bearing ran out of lube

I’ve purchased from Fast Eddy before, but was not impressed with their bearings. They do not last very long and I’m not one to run my trucks in the mud or do jumps which enable me to touch God’s ass.

I made the switch to Avid and never looked back.

I’ve purchased from Fast Eddy before, but was not impressed with their bearings. They do not last very long and I’m not one to run my trucks in the mud or do jumps which enable me to touch God’s ass.

I made the switch to Avid and never looked back.
I didn't find them to differ much from avid really. Many are $1 a piece... I guess I don't expect them to last forever and I never paid a lot of attention to it. They get wobbly or gritty, I throw them away and get new ones. It's just annoying keeping spares when you have 10 trucks with 30 different sizes.

I ordered some fast eddy - planning to strip them of factory oil and pack them with thick grease before installing. With the rubber seals that should keep the dirt out for awhile.

22 bearings for 22$ + 13$ shipping convert tha5 in canadien money its 50$ yikes for avid to be honest every single beaing or almost has a gap between the center race and the rubber itself soMnething my ceramic bearings in my motor doesn't i had 4-5mm thick slipper dust none of it penetrated my bearing clean like a baby butt does avid work in a similar way?

You are going to love those bocas. That is all I run. Which ones did you pick up?

And you have me here one year later with two of these who spin smooth like butter and fast and i have the fast eddy getting full of dirt and crap i oiled them with oil i think since day one could this be the reason?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 280
Those are exactly what I run... my temps dropped and gained 5mph on my 4985
I noticed they had to of the exact same bearings listed on their site, one had a the Nb2 grease and the other had an oil in them, I talked to the rep on the live chat and they told me the NB2 grease was better for the motors as it can withstand higher rpms so I went with those.

Oil is for racing. Less resistance but you have to clean and oil them ALL the time.. I go with grease and do not oil them. They are maintenance free. I have about 40 packs through them and just had them out and are still like new feeling.

I had 2 bearings who had cloudy balls after cleaning and i kept trying to dry them to oil them but blackish stuff kept coming out in the paper so i decided to use some old protek bearings who spin like butter they look oretty beaten up they were 6 month old and went trough snow i take back everything i said about protek bearings even if they rubber seals are complete poop with big gaps lol doing better than my 1 and half old fast eddies
If one bearing has to blow out i don't care if its in the wheel but i put perfect condition bearings on the differential side

Holy carp, 20$ for a single Boca bearing... They better be good!

Yeah, Fast Eddys are just regular cheap rubber sealed bearings, I bought them because I found a deal and it's nice to get a set for your whole RC with one click. But you could probably get bearings of similar quality for less money on Aliexpress.

Oil is for racing. Less resistance but you have to clean and oil them ALL the time.. I go with grease and do not oil them. They are maintenance free. I have about 40 packs through them and just had them out and are still like new feeling.
I always used oil in the pass now with grease 12-15 packs and they are all black and full of dirt even the last one i cleaned a week ago full of dirt
The protek look a bit rusty from the outside but they still spin free and feel nice after all those months with oil

The only bearings that go bad on me are the inside wheel bearings (the larger on the two). If they get wet, they seize. I tried Jim's and they seem to be more tolerant of moisture. Take that for what it's worth. Maybe I just got lucky. But the FE ones always seize on me.

The only bearings that go bad on me are the inside wheel bearings (the larger on the two). If they get wet, they seize. I tried Jim's and they seem to be more tolerant of moisture. Take that for what it's worth. Maybe I just got lucky. But the FE ones always seize on me.
I personally don't go on water but they build up ao much dirt in the outside and the inside is all dark and i can see dirt if the bearingis in the cage side(side who faces the elements)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back