Outcast Fast reverse throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebast390

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anybody’s outcast have stronger reverse throttle than forward throttle? My Outcast goes faster in reverse. I don’t know why it does that.
0F847FCA-5574-44C9-837B-80251FB5B3AF.jpeg

You may need to switch the position switch on your controller and then recalibrate the esc. which controller do you have?

You may need to switch the position switch on your controller and then recalibrate the esc. which controller do you have?
I’ve got the Futaba TPV3 transmitter on it. Reverse the throttle did not help, I don’t what other setting you look under. This transmitter has a digital display.

sorry i'm not familiar with that controller, but did you recalibrate your throttle and brake endpoints after reversing the position?

I have not re calibrated my throttle end points at all since the transmitter upgrade. I will try that. Thank you.

Futabas have a backwards throttles for some reason. I always have to reverse the throttle and mess with the settings on mine to get it to act normally.

Does anybody’s outcast have stronger reverse throttle than forward throttle? My Outcast goes faster in reverse. I don’t know why it does that.View attachment 102245
I was able calibrate my brake at a higher percentage, so that my reverse was not so sensitive, but I do still think my reverse is stronger than foward. Do you guys have any pointers on punch settings? I know how to adjust to each punch setting, but what is the difference between factory setting at punch 4 to punch 9 setting? Can’t find that info anywhere.

Last edited:
I was able calibrate my brake at a higher percentage, so that my reverse was not so sensitive, but I do still think my reverse is stronger than foward. Do you guys have any pointers on punch settings? I know how to adjust to each punch setting, but what is the difference between factory setting at punch 4 to punch 9 setting? Can’t find that info anywhere.
More Punch ?‍♂️

Try reversing rotation of motor on esc.its the 5th setting. When in take a motor out of 6a car an put it in big rock it does that cause motor sits other direction in 3s trucks.or you can switch 2 of the three wires going to motor around. Not sure what colors to swap around though.
Try reversing rotation of motor on esc.its the 5th setting. When in take a motor out of 6a car an put it in big rock it does that cause motor sits other direction in 3s trucks.or you can switch 2 of the three wires going to motor around. Not sure what colors to swap around though.
If it's a noticeable power difference between forward and reverse I guarantee it setting 5 reverse rotation.punch has nothing to do with making it faster in reverse

Forward is normally faster than reverse. With all the ESC wires being black, you probably have the motor phases plugged in wrong. What I would do is set your radio throttle direction so when you squeeze the trigger to go forward, the truck runs backward. The unplug 2 of the motor leads and swap them. Now you truck should run forward when you squeeze the trigger, and be faster in forward vs reverse.

What @Jerry-rigged said but don't forget to do all these steps to get back to driving:

1) Swap 2 wires on motor
2) On the TX - reverse travel for throttle
3) Calibrate TX to RX (if applicable) (trim at zero)
4) do the ESC throttle range adjust aka ESC calibration

Now if you still feel it goes faster in reverse you would need to adjust your feelings ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back