Kraton FastEddy bearing installation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Going to replace the bearings when the bearings get here on the V4 6s,but I don't see any instructions or videos on the process. Are they and I'm just missing them? Anybody have any instructions they want to share? Tips/tricks?

So the main areas with be at each of the wheels and the differentials. You'll have 4 smaller bearings left over which will be for the steering linkages. this might be a lil helpful. This YTer also has a couple others for the steering and diffs also.

The diff cups you'll see right away the bearings go on the outside of the cup, inside of the outdrives. The Diff Housing will have a bearing on the input shaft. Here is the exploded view to point it out a lil better.

1584716502478.png

I promise it's not that bad! Most of us find this type of wrenching fun! Don't hesitate with other questions and good luck!!

Last edited:
Just remember that when you disassemble the diffs and take out the outdrive cups, place them down and immediately place a new bearing over the shaft so you don’t forget to put the bearing on before putting them back on the diff. ??

Which Blue threadlock should I use? I see a few different variations. How about grease? Is Permatex White Lithium still the choice?

I like Blue TL 242 for RC applications you'd use it with. You don't ever want to use it with plastic to plastic, only metal to metal fastening.

I like Blue TL 242 for RC applications you'd use it with. You don't ever want to use it with plastic to plastic, only metal to metal fastening.
Is that the liquid? I usually use the stick for other projects. I don't see 242 in a stick form and I'm not sure what the equivalant would be in stick form?

Edit: Seems TL 37643 (506166) is the stick version of the 242.

Last edited:
I've always used the liquid type. Lil drop on the end of the screw, twist, install and let set for 24hrs and good to go! (y) ?

Yeah,since the screws are so small in some instances,using a stick may be difficult.

I own both the Permatex liquid as well as the Loctite stick. I use the stick anytime it’s a place I can reach with it. But if I need to put a drop on say the slipper clutch, I use the liquid. My thought is the liquid is easier to waste. The stick obviously holds onto the threads better before screwing them in, so it doesn’t just drip off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back