Notorious FASTEST STOCK BODY NOTORIOUS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
so I've decided that my rc goal for 2021 is to top 100mph.im always thinking of off the wall ideas.some kinda work an some don't at all.never the less its a ton of fun for me.so I've decided to take my time an TRY to go triple digits with my notorious with mojave suspension.its got a mix of all different models.plans are to slowly build a ride capable of 100++.just curious if stock noto body is aero enough, an will stay planted at speed.would like to here some of you speed runners opinions.my plans as of today..lol
Felony front diffs gp5 ,tallest diff gearing available,infraction towers,an shocks,then I can lower body to ground,8s castle&tp combo.this build will require some tax return funds to complete!!!???
Slowly gather parts up an drop a build thread.
If all else fails I also planning on v5 typhon this year,ill slap it with 8s an send it.I DOING 100 MPH THIS YEAR

20201226_152440.jpg

20201226_152446.jpg

20201226_152508.jpg

20201226_152525.jpg

20201226_152540.jpg

20201226_152646.jpg

Not sure if any of this would break your classifications of stock body, but some input to make it run faster/less drag.

1.A chin extension will help massively.

2. Smooth out the front fender edge.

3. Ditch the rollbar

4. wheel well covers?

5. cut out the rear of the body to avoid parachuting with the trapped air under the body.

1609793101114.png

I'm wanting to do it with 100% stock body if possible. Parachuting is my main concern. If I can keep the air from getting underneath the truck I think everything will be alright waiting on jenny to get my infraction towers to see how low I can get the body. I have to get the front of the truck to the ground somehow to build a front faring to the ground to build a nastruck front end.if I start getting lift I kinda mocked up a mount to put wing on front use rpm bumper.just a idea thou..soon as I get my jennyrc order ill start doing some testing with basic 6s system.
What do you think bout skyrc gnss system??
Do u now of a good rc gear calculator apps?
Is there a best weight distribution for speed running???I WOULD THINK LITTLE MORE WEIGHT TO REAR WOULD B BEST MAYBE 60/40???
If I decide to go with 1/5 GRPs this would be something to think about. I think it would look cool.upsidedown rpm bumper mount trimmed up some a wing could be mounted to it.wish I had a 3d printer an the now how.

Attachments

• 20210104_164306.jpg
    20210104_164306.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210104_164311.jpg
    20210104_164311.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210104_164333.jpg
    20210104_164333.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I'm wanting to do it with 100% stock body if possible. Parachuting is my main concern. If I can keep the air from getting underneath the truck I think everything will be alright waiting on jenny to get my infraction towers to see how low I can get the body. I have to get the front of the truck to the ground somehow to build a front faring to the ground to build a nastruck front end.if I start getting lift I kinda mocked up a mount to put wing on front use rpm bumper.just a idea thou..soon as I get my jennyrc order ill start doing some testing with basic 6s system.
What do you think bout skyrc gnss system??
Do u now of a good rc gear calculator apps?
Is there a best weight distribution for speed running???I WOULD THINK LITTLE MORE WEIGHT TO REAR WOULD B BEST MAYBE 60/40???
If I decide to go with 1/5 GRPs this would be something to think about. I think it would look cool.upsidedown rpm bumper mount trimmed up some a wing could be mounted to it.wish I had a 3d printer an the now how.
What do you think bout skyrc gnss system?? Best GPS for RC cars hands down.
Do u now of a good rc gear calculator apps? I like RC Car GearCalc it allows some very finite adjustments to match your run rpms to the calc. once you have the RPMs matching you can really get the gearing right. This is done by dropping the voltage in the calc app. Voltage sag is one thing, but you never reach the potential rpms due to other losses.
The biggest issue with RC speed runners and even more so with truck bodies is blow overs. For this reason you will want to put as much weight forward as possible.
If I decide to go with 1/5 GRPs this would be something to think about. I think it would look cool.upsidedown rpm bumper mount trimmed up some a wing could be mounted to it. Wish I had a 3d printer an the now how.
1/5 GRPs are probably good for some purposes, but it has been proven time and time again that they run slower than the 1/8 version. Mostly due to 2 factors (aerodynamic drag and rotational weight)

What do you think bout skyrc gnss system?? Best GPS for RC cars hands down.
Do u now of a good rc gear calculator apps? I like RC Car GearCalc it allows some very finite adjustments to match your run rpms to the calc. once you have the RPMs matching you can really get the gearing right. This is done by dropping the voltage in the calc app. Voltage sag is one thing, but you never reach the potential rpms due to other losses.
The biggest issue with RC speed runners and even more so with truck bodies is blow overs. For this reason you will want to put as much weight forward as possible.
If I decide to go with 1/5 GRPs this would be something to think about. I think it would look cool.upsidedown rpm bumper mount trimmed up some a wing could be mounted to it. Wish I had a 3d printer an the now how.
1/5 GRPs are probably good for some purposes, but it has been proven time and time again that they run slower than the 1/8 version. Mostly due to 2 factors (aerodynamic drag and rotational weight)
Can you cross reference these numbers with the speed calculator that you use. I inputted the same numbers that were inputted into a “Radio Control Info” calculator and it was out by 50k/hr.
Biggest difference being the trans ratio. I divided the spur by the pinion instead of inputting the numbers individually.

37AEDED5-4559-44D4-BD6B-55C6C9AD13F0.png

Can you cross reference these numbers with the speed calculator that you use. I inputted the same numbers that were inputted into a “Radio Control Info” calculator and it was out by 50k/hr.
Biggest difference being the trans ratio. I divided the spur by the pinion instead of inputting the numbers individually.

View attachment 118125

The trans ratio would be 4.3 for the Kraton/Noto/Outcast. (Typhon /Limitless/ V1 Infraction have 3.3) (V2 infraction has 2.8)

You also have to account for voltage drop, while you may start out at 4.2V per cell during a run it drops roughly 1v per cell. You can adjust this at the top of your calculator. I'd recommend trying setting it at 3.2V per cell and see what it says. Ultimately pulling logs from a castle ESC after a run and seeing where the RPMs end up, Amperage, and voltage drop are some of the biggest pieces of data to use when looking at changing gearing.

Generally speaking when you have a pinion and spur ratio like yours the voltage will not drop a ton because the amperage is not that high. It is when you get closer to 1:1 gearing and higher speeds that the amp load is big and will be more tricky to get it right on the calculator.

I'm not seeing v/cell on there.
Would 4× 2s 5200mil help sag better than 2×4s 5200mil.i shaved almost 4lbs off truck compared to stock noto..lol.i was thinking with 4 packs i could move weight around in chassis for better traction an stability.

Screenshot_20210106-071111.jpg

20210105_145400.jpg

I'm not seeing v/cell on there.
Would 4× 2s 5200mil help sag better than 2×4s 5200mil.i shaved almost 4lbs off truck compared to stock noto..lol.i was thinking with 4 packs i could move weight around in chassis for better traction an stability.

On this calculator you are using, it is just the battery voltage. I prefer this App because you can change it very precisely to get an exact rpm value to match your castle data logs. For example when I was running 2s on my Limitless I was seeing around 19,800 rpms in the logs. I had to drop my voltage level to 5.1 in the calculator to match that rpm. Then my calculator/gearing and skyRC GPS speeds lined up perfectly.

That is good to be so light, this will help with acceleration and top speed. I agree that having the ability to move the batts around will be beneficial. I think the single 4s packs will be lighter, but probably only a few grams difference. I have always liked buying smaller 2s packs so if one cell dies you can more cheaply replace that 2s pack versus a 4s pack. The downside is more connectors and wiring. Plus having to charge up 4 LiPos versus 2.

The trans ratio would be 4.3 for the Kraton/Noto/Outcast. (Typhon /Limitless/ V1 Infraction have 3.3) (V2 infraction has 2.8)

You also have to account for voltage drop, while you may start out at 4.2V per cell during a run it drops roughly 1v per cell. You can adjust this at the top of your calculator. I'd recommend trying setting it at 3.2V per cell and see what it says. Ultimately pulling logs from a castle ESC after a run and seeing where the RPMs end up, Amperage, and voltage drop are some of the biggest pieces of data to use when looking at changing gearing.

Generally speaking when you have a pinion and spur ratio like yours the voltage will not drop a ton because the amperage is not that high. It is when you get closer to 1:1 gearing and higher speeds that the amp load is big and will be more tricky to get it right on the calculator.
Cheers for that

I thought it would be fun for me,see alot of typhons going fast an couple sentons with speed bodys.wanna do something different,something I haven't seen.shedding a gram here an there has been fun for me till I bout cut my finger off.again lmao.ran a razor knife across my fingers cutting on battery tray.cut my ring finger off at work last year.i now I got dirty hands,but I got a dirty job..i started a build thread that tells more.

16099675438761287328322151324250.jpg

Yikes! sorry about your finger.

I thought that was why, I love your Frankenstein builds, stock is so boring to me.

Your my kinda crazy. As a Machinist and a mechanic, I can relate to cutting myself up.
I've lost every nail, smashed my finger like a grape, drilled a hole through my thumb, and had really really bad slices, burns, busted knuckles etc.

F**k stiches, we keep on going. ?

Actually, that is nice work, can't even tell now! I Guess you needed stitches after all lol.
I'm guessing you invented some new 4 letter words on that one, Glad they saved it!!

Actually, that is nice work, can't even tell now! I Guess you needed stitches after all lol.
I'm guessing you invented some new 4 letter words on that one, Glad they saved it!!
PS said it was probly the closest he has ever had to thinking he could save it an pulled it off.after he sewed it back on I went to see him 2 weeks later an he said he'd been thinking about this finger.woulda thought he won the lotto he was so happy.he was more excited than me.lol here it is after sewed up.went back to work 4 days later.talk about 1 sensitive fingers didn't relies how much stuff you bang your fingers on till this

20190808_150203.jpg

PS said it was probly the closest he has ever had to thinking he could save it an pulled it off.after he sewed it back on I went to see him 2 weeks later an he said he'd been thinking about this finger.woulda thought he won the lotto he was so happy.he was more excited than me.lol here it is after sewed up.went back to work 4 days later.talk about 1 sensitive fingers didn't relies how much stuff you bang your fingers on till this

20190808_150203.jpg
Got it smashed off in Tommy-gate on back of truck

Showers must have sucked!! Reminds me when I drilled a hole through my thumb, the doctor looked at my x-rays and said I was a lucky SOB, missed every tendon, muscle, and bone. 2 clean punctures. Glad your okay and bashing again, your man card is certified after that.
I think your work should have given you more time off.

Showers must have sucked!! Reminds me when I drilled a hole through my thumb, the doctor looked at my x-rays and said I was a lucky SOB, missed every tendon, muscle, and bone. 2 clean punctures. Glad your okay and bashing again, your man card is certified after that.
I think your work should have given you more time off.
It was my choice.i don't like to work...but I really don't like to sit at home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back