Kraton Faulty motor or esc ??? Please helpđź‘Ť

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seba910

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello all I'm in a. It of a pickle hoping for some help...

So my kraton v5 would have maybe 8-10 packs put through it and all of a sudden I'm having this issue l.....

Instead of trying to describe it in hope the video shows it well.

Basically ESC or motor make no beeps to indicate lipo cell however the green led still flashes.

Happens after 5 mins of running so it does run nicely just not for long... Can also confirm that it's not to do with bac voltage or bad batteries .... :(

Please help much appreciated ❤️

Last edited:
Hello all I'm in a. It of a pickle hoping for some help...

So my kraton v5 would have maybe 8-10 packs put through it and all of a sudden I'm having this issue l.....

Instead of trying to describe it in hope the video shows it well.

Basically ESC or motor make no beeps to indicate lipo cell however the green led still flashes.

Happens after 5 mins of running so it does run nicely just not for long... Can also confirm that it's not to do with bac voltage or bad batteries .... :(

Please help much appreciated ❤️

Apologies just figured out how to share video. hope it shows the problem im having.

everything is stock except included 15 tooth pinion and blue ds 35kg eBay servo can confirm problem is not due to bad BAC or batteries but that's about it.

Cheers guys in advance I'm hoping something simple but doesn't look good
Uploading to YouTube and posting a link works well. I'm not sure about an attachment size limit.
yep figured it out posed below cheers
Uploading to YouTube and posting a link works well. I'm not sure about an attachment size limit.
yep figured it out posed below cheers

What’s the mesh like? Have you stripped a pinion or the centre diff spur gear?

Flashing green is High temp Cut off. Leaving it sit to cool off for a minute or so and the green light goes out and is ready to drive again. Get fans and make sure you maintain it well so there is no drivetrain binding issues. That will cause extra load and resulting heat. Outsise ambient temps 80F and higher always poses a heat problem. ESC Temp cut-off will protect things to a point.

What’s the mesh like? Have you stripped a pinion or the centre diff spur gear?
Mesh is perfect mod 1 stock you can see mesh in video teeth on spur and pinion are fine
Fl
Flashing green is High temp Cut off. Leaving it sit to cool off for a minute or so and the green light goes out and is ready to drive again. Get fans and make sure you maintain it well so there is no drivetrain binding issues. That will cause extra load and resulting heat. Outsise ambient temps 80F and higher always poses a heat problem. ESC Temp cut-off will protect things to a

Flashing green is High temp Cut off. Leaving it sit to cool off for a minute or so and the green light goes out and is ready to drive again. Get fans and make sure you maintain it well so there is no drivetrain binding issues. That will cause extra load and resulting heat. Outsise ambient temps 80F and higher always poses a heat problem. ESC Temp cut-off will protect things to a point.
I don't think this has anything to do with temps as the green led dosnt "flash" per day it goes through the normal blinking clycle from the ESC side everything is operating normally assuming the beeping to indicate cells comes from the motor , also this issue only just started to occur after adding the motor fan and heat sink you see in the video.

Disconect the 3 motor leads, then power on the ESC.
What happens? Same?
Then try an ESC reset like I said above, if you haven't already.:)

Disconect the 3 motor leads, then power on the ESC.
What happens? Same?
Then try an ESC reset like I said above, if you haven't already.:)
turns out motor did not like the 15 tooth pinion and just decided to melt :( Needless to say the kraton now has a max 6 combo in it hahah

Thank you for the suggestions though :)

15 tooth runs fine on my Kraton. all stock 6s gear.:unsure:
Glad you are up and running.(y)

15 tooth runs fine on my Kraton. all stock 6s gear.:unsure:
Glad you are up and running.(y)
It's very interesting you bring that up man because thats a little how my discussion with the hobbies shop went. I was very very surprised that a 3 tooth jump between the 12 and 15 tooth pinion was enough to kill the car very quickly, was driving around in no warmer than 22-26 degrees C and the motor was always okay to be touched after a run and was never indicating that anything was "overheating".

So yea was very interesting but horizon hobbies or arrma or whatever basically said that there's a card included with the kraton that says only to use the 15 tooth pinion on flat surfaces like roads and not to take the truck off road with it installed.....

So arrma saw it as the user's fault of damaged electronics and I was not able to get it replaced through warranty :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back