Favorite 4 channel charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Charging only two batteries at a time is getting old. And parallel charging wouldn’t help much since I use a wide range of 2S, 3S, 4S, and 6S batteries.

So I’m looking for a decent 4 channel charger. Ideally 200+ watts per channel with a good user interface. A smartphone app would be nice but not necessary. I already own a DC power supply.

I can read specs online but I’m looking for actual experience.

What do y’all have and do you like it?

Are there quad-channel 800W+ chargers on the market? Honest question, I don't happen to know of any to mention, never mind have experience with, sadly. I know there are at least some quads that are I think more like 200W or so total.

What about just adding a second dual-channel charger, running off your current power supply?

Thanks guys. I saw the Hota F6 and that got the juices flowing. The specs meet my needs at 250W per channel.

I figured I’d ask here before blindly researching all the options.
Don't recommend quad channel.
Why is that?

Thanks guys. I saw the Hota F6 and that got the juices flowing. The specs meet my needs at 250W per channel.
No experience with Hota, personally, but the specs on that look really nice! Combined with a friendly pricetag. Nice that it can combine channels, as well, for 500W per channel, good for 20A into 6S. Good for parallel charging, or charging very-large single packs, I suppose.

HOTA is highly recommended, and I take back what I said on 4-ch chargers, I'd get this one in a heartbeat.
It is DC only, i.e. you need a capable supply.
Any Hota is highly recommended, have 2 of them myself.

This would be my recommendation for a 2 port, and I'd get 2 of them. AC/DC capable
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=689
The Hotas are really nice. Def recommend.

But I am putting a monster 1800W 24v power supply from a pair of HP server power supplies so I can drive 1-2 of these:

https://isdtshop.com/collections/lipo-charger/products/isdt-p30

After killing one of my favorite lipo I'm done with parallel charging, so I built a charging station with separate output for each battery.

This is how I did it before: sometimes I squeezed about 40A from setup)) (36,5 max to be honest, about 1000W)
0CA861D9-956A-4D8B-B406-8CC21088873A.jpeg

This is how I'm doing this job now, probably not related to the topic but it allows me to charge each 12S at 25A x 2 = 50A total, easily and it is absolutely safe for batteries, (that stick packs have 2x5000 6S - so 12.5A for each) In the end, it's more than 1.5kW, it takes 20min for a quick charge from 20-30% to 90%, and 5-10 minutes more to balance cells and finish.
This charging station has 4x (EC5 + bananas + 8s balance leads).

For anyone who is interested in quick charging, I would suggest building smth similar with just a good single channel or dual channel, for my next build, I would use a dual-channel iCharger due to its high amps external discharge capabilities.

01971DF8-8498-47A1-BE6F-424561CFE734.jpeg

PS: I know batteries are different on the first screenshot:
1. I always charged and balanced them separately before usage
2. I always put them in storage and balanced them separately at the end of the day.
anyhow 1 cell in thunder power has died.

Last edited:
After killing one of my favorite lipo I'm done with parallel charging, so I built a charging station with separate output for each battery.

This is how I did it before: sometimes I squeezed about 40A from setup)) (36,5 max to be honest, about 1000W)
View attachment 284907

This is how I'm doing this job now, probably not related to the topic but it allows me to charge each 12S at 25A x 2 = 50A total, easily and it is absolutely safe for batteries, (that stick packs have 2x5000 6S - so 12.5A for each) In the end, it's more than 1.5kW, it takes 20min for a quick charge from 20-30% to 90%, and 5-10 minutes more to balance cells and finish.
This charging station has 4x (EC5 + bananas + 8s balance leads).

For anyone who is interested in quick charging, I would suggest building smth similar with just a good single channel or dual channel, for my next build, I would use a dual-channel iCharger due to its high amps external discharge capabilities.

View attachment 284903

PS: I know batteries are different on the first screenshot:
1. I always charged and balanced them separately before usage
2. I always put them in storage and balanced them separately at the end of the day.
anyhow 1 cell in thunder power has died.
The problem with all these setups (including mine) is finding a 24V dc power supply big enough to power them. We are even bumping up against the limits of a 15A household circuit (1800w).

The problem with all these setups (including mine) is finding a 24V dc power supply big enough to power them. We are even bumping up against the limits of a 15A household circuit (1800w).
Regarding power supply - the best option is to find used server power supplies it is powerful enough.
Regarding electricity - when I'm on the field I'm using a 2.5kW gas generator, also I was thinking to buy 6 LiFePo4 100A cells (gas generator producing a lot of annoying noise), which should be enough to fully charge my batts a couple of times at max amps. (for my case I could get 4 x 12s 5000 charged at home + about 10 x 12s 5000 charged at the field), I think it should be more than enough for most people.

Anyhow the best option for sure is to have Hyundai ionic 5 with V2L technology or a similar electric car that allows you to get 220 volts back from the main battery anywhere.

Regarding power supply - the best option is to find used server power supplies it is powerful enough.
Regarding electricity - when I'm on the field I'm using a 2.5kW gas generator, also I was thinking to buy 6 LiFePo4 100A cells (gas generator producing a lot of annoying noise), which should be enough to fully charge my batts a couple of times at max amps. (for my case I could get 4 x 12s 5000 charged at home + about 10 x 12s 5000 charged at the field), I think it should be more than enough for most people.

Anyhow the best option for sure is to have Hyundai ionic 5 with V2L technology or a similar electric car that allows you to get 220 volts back from the main battery anywhere.
You can just use 2 of these for 1500W or double up to get 3000W.
You would just place the same pair in parallel.
If you want full power, don't do the fan mod. With fan noise reduction, you can still be in the7- 800W range for charging.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1754549960...4LeAthGxwUdLPvE2fy7pHIapc=|tkp:Bk9SR67nwbDbYQ

Hey, thx for the link, saved, I was talking about replacing gas generator to use lifepo4 batts instead, they are silent and have enough power to charge my batts about 10 times (100Ah assembly)

Best charger i have ever had is my SkyRC Q200.

It has bluetooth so you can connect the charger to the skyrc app and view the status of your batteries. it has come in very handy a few times and something i thought i would never use.

It's a beast and highly recommend it.

DSC01414.JPG

DSC01413.JPG

Hey, thx for the link, saved, I was talking about replacing gas generator to use lifepo4 batts instead, they are silent and have enough power to charge my batts about 10 times (100Ah assembly)
Make sure you read that fine print. The Ah are pretty useless as a gauge, it's all about the Wh (Watt hours). (Volt x Ah)
The Ah is most likely just for the cell voltage (~ 3V) and that doesn't get you very far. Do all calculations in Wh to avoid some nasty surprises.
Also check the max output it can deliver.

Example: 6S 5000mAh = 6 x 3.8Vx 5Ah = ~ 114Wh you will need per pack for a full charge. The smaller solar generators only have 5-800Wh i.e. 4 packs and you are done.

Not sure about the dell, but you have to be careful with some server supply ratings. Often they require 240V to get the full rated current output.

If you double them up for 3000 W you would need to run each pair in series and then the two pairs in parallel… not sure I’ve ever seen that done before, but would be cool. Also you would need to plug each pair into 2 different 15A circuits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back