Favorite Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirkdiggler

Reaction score
What’s up my brothers and sisters.

What’s your favorite radio ?

I’m using a DX5 rugged. I have it hooked to 8 rc’s. The programming is a little tough. It reminds me of using an old school flip phone for texting.

I’m looking for high model memory and easy programming. Is the DX5 pro easier to use ?

I’m using a DX5 rugged. I have it hooked to 8 rc’s. The programming is a little tough. It reminds me of using an old school flip phone for texting.

I’m looking for high model memory and easy programming. Is the DX5 pro easier to use ?
My favorite radio is anything that's playing Ozzy with Randy Roads or Black Sabbath.

DX5 Pro uses the same menu system as the DX5C. Scroll wheel etc.... You already have 8 receivers for the specktrum system. Switching would be quite an investment. I find the flysky GT5 easy to use. There is also a new flysky that looks interesting. G7P. Many people like the radiolink option.

Is 20 models enough? Maybe the Noble NB4 is what you want.

I'm currently in the process of moving over to radiolink RC6GS v3. I still have and am currently using the DX5c on my 2 smaller rigs. So far, I like the radiolink more. I got it bc recievers are cheaper and get better range. As far as feel in my hands, about the same quality. Have not really took deep dive into the menu yet, but so far its been good to me.

I run futaba and it's great. But TBH, it would be hard for me to justify buying a new radio and 8 receivers just because I didn't like the menu system (and I'm not one to shy away from purchases). There would have to be a performance improvement (real or perceived) for such a significant investment. That being said, the Noble seems to be a pretty nice radio for the money.

I run futaba and it's great. But TBH, it would be hard for me to justify buying a new radio and 8 receivers just because I didn't like the menu system (and I'm not one to shy away from purchases). There would have to be a performance improvement (real or perceived) for such a significant investment. That being said, the Noble seems to be a pretty nice radio for the money.
Agreed. Menu systems can be learned. That’s not a deal breaker for me. The NB4 has been a stellar radio for me. If anyone looking for a radio upgrade, that’s always my recommendation. I was hesitant to spend the $200 on it at first since it wasn’t Futaba. Now that I’ve been using it I’d pay more if it broke.

I have both the DX5C and the RC6GS and I was not very impressed with the DX5C for how much it cost, the scroll wheel is messed up causing it to auto scroll by itself, the scroll wheel is also a button and is too easy to accidentally press while trying to scroll, the power button kept getting stuck causing the radio to power cycle by itself and one of the screw standoffs broke off so the case has a gap in it. I'm actually thinking about buying another RC6GS, tossing the DX5C in the trash, buying a bunch of R6FG receivers and selling off all my Spektrum and "Spektrum" receivers in a lot for real cheap.

No budget. Ease of use. Would love a full touchscreen or a blue tooth that allows you to use your phone:
DX5 Pro uses the same menu system as the DX5C. Scroll wheel etc.... You already have 8 receivers for the specktrum system. Switching would be quite an investment. I find the flysky GT5 easy to use. There is also a new flysky that looks interesting. G7P. Many people like the radiolink option.
Does it a need a flysky receiver ? Kind of a newb. Thanks.
Is 20 models enough? Maybe the Noble NB4 is what you want.
I would hope so !! Lol

No budget. Ease of use. Would love a full touchscreen or a blue tooth that allows you to use your phone:
Not sure why you’d need your phone to drive a car, or if anyone beside Traxxas does that. With a full menu, touchscreen radio you don’t need that anyways. Everything is right there. If you don’t have a budget then the Futaba 10PX is pretty much the top of the food chain. Otherwise I’d go with a Noble NB4. A lot of us use it and nobody has anything bad to say about it. Definitely look into it.

Edit: Disregard my first sentence. I misread what you meant about the Bluetooth. Didn’t realize you wanted either/or.

Back in the day, I loved my futaba 3pm. Did everything I needed. For budget minded, new bright, available at Wal-Mart and sometimes dollar general.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back