Favorite shootin' irons....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Raider
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
  10. Typhon 3s
As the title would indicate, please give a line or two about your favorite weapon.
Tell us what you like, don't like and what it is used for.
Some of us don't like to include pics, that's ok too.
I will start,
First and foremost I do believe that there three item's one should never under any circumstances ever be without.
First, a good solid light that can be used as an impact weapon If needed,
Second, a knife of some variety. I am not a fan of anything serrated so a clip point folder carried strong side works for me.
Third, a firearm that one is proficient with and trusts with quality easy to use sights.
How a person carries must at all costs be safe and have good retention, not just lying in a purse or shoved in a back pack.
I do understand that everyone is different and requires different things to do what they need those are just mine.
And to go with all of the above, TRAINING, TRAINING AND TRAINING.
As has probably already been figured out I am an admitted weapon whore.
I have my opinions and favorites but own not one type, model, manufacturer or style but several.
A weapon is chosen on need and requirements not looks or opinions as it must function properly with zero doubt as to its ability or mine.
With that said I am fond of .45 either LC or ACP depending on need for a handgun.
.35 Remington and 45/70 are my favorite rifle rounds mostly in lever guns.
For .22 I like the .22 mag Marlins and Ruger M77 platforms and lastly for shotguns I like Browning Auto 5s and Remington 870s configured for the hunt as needed.
12, 16 and 20 ga. all work well for me.
Sorry for the long winded post, let's do this.
This is my current EDC.
Resized_20190226_203047_129148961985726.jpeg
Resized_20190226_203027_129149161315674.jpeg
Resized_20190226_203052_129149069249008.jpeg

I wasn’t raised in a household with guns besides my Crossman 760 BB gun so it took me a while to buy one for myself

I own a Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm. I keep saying I’m going to get a CC license, but have been too busy with my Arrmas ✌?

I own a Sig Sauer SP2022 handgun. Lil brother of P226 in a sense. Love that gun! Mainly just for protection and target shooting upon camping trips and such. Can't remember what my .22 Rifle is off the top of my head, also for target shooting and bringing with camping!

I will update this post when I get home with a pic of the Sig! Always in it's gun case with a trigger lock! (Safety First!!)

OP, your pictured handgun is a beautiful looking piece as well!! Very clean, ? looks purty!

Thank you much Adidas 303.
I am proud of it for sure.
Your Sig is a good solid weapon as well.

For pistols, I have a Kimber 1911, and my wife has a S&W "TRR-8" 357 revolver.

I also have a Sig P226, byt rarely use it. I've done all my training with a 1911, and switching to the Sig throws me off. Beautifully made pistol, very accurate and solid, but if TSHTF, I'm grabbing my 1911.

Or my Remington 870, depending on how much is hitting the fan!

I wasn’t raised in a household with guns besides my Crossman 760 BB gun so it took me a while to buy one for myself

I own a Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm. I keep saying I’m going to get a CC license, but have been too busy with my Arrmas ✌?
Being southern and always huntin we always had firearms in the houses or barns and more often than not in a truck and always on your person, I am used to them for sure.
I own several Springfields and find them to be incredibly accurate and reliable.

Yep, 45ACP is my favorite pistol cartridge. Why a 45? Because as a wise man once said "They don't make a 46!".....

Hey, if it was good enough for Sgt York, it's good enough for me!

My P226 is chambered in 40 S&W, but I also have a a barrel for 357SIG, and since they use the same magazines, it's pretty easy to swap the barrel and shoot some 357SIG when I want to. Pretty "snappy" cartridge, too.

And we have a couple of 12ga long guns, my 870 and an 1100 with a rifled barrel and scope.

I also have two Marlin lever guns, an 1894 carbine in 357, and a 336 in 30-30. Can't get much more 'Murican than a lever action 30-30, and with the Hornady LeverEvolution cartridges, it's a 150+ yard rifle.

The little carbine in 357 is a joy to shoot. I can ring steel at 100 yards with it all _day_long. I carry it in my Jeep whenever I go out of the city, along with my trusty Kimber.

I am partial to Marlin lever guns for sure.
My favorite rifle cartridge for general use is the .35 Remington in one of my Marlin 336s.
Just a little side note.
When granddad was sick and knew his days were short he handed me his rifle case and in it was a 1949 Marlin 336 in 35 Remington with a Weaver scope with the leather scope caps and sling that he recieved when he joined the American Legion after WW2.
It has never had a round fired as granddad said after the war he couldn't shoot anything unless it was trying to harm him or the family.
I pulled my weapon to show him and other than 30 years of difference they look the same.
Mine is the darker wood from being handled over the years and I machined an AR platform carry handle optics mount down and fitted it to my rifle so now I have a picatinny rail mount and should my optics fail I can use it as a see through mount to see the iron sights.
20191107_151009.jpg
20191107_150932.jpg
20191107_150939.jpg

Last edited:
I love my little Savage in .17hmr
But yes you are very correct, it will walk about if windy.
Is your the synthetic stock or the wood stock?
Mine is synthetic and I all but hate the stock.
I am old and like wood.

All my rifles have wood stocks. Only my 870 and 1100 have synthetic stocks. I, too, prefer wood.

Nice Marlins! My 336 came with a no-name scope, and since I'm a Nikon guy, I swapped out the OEM scope for a Nikon.

The 1100 slug-gun has a Nikon on it, too. I can get damn near 1" groups at 100 yards shooting sabot slugs out of it.

If I need to reach out further than that, I'll get my Garand out!

Although I'm in the UK I've actually done a lot of shooting over the years, albeit mainly with airguns here and a few muzzle loaders/shotguns. But I've also been lucky enough to visit the US and do some proper shooting at a "Quick Shots" shooting gallery in Florida back in the 90's.

Got a couple of BB guns but my two favourite guns to use are air rifles that I refurbished myself, ...some metal work involved but mainly stock refinishing.
1993 Weihrauch HW35K .22cal
33 - Copy.JPG

1947-1951 BSA Cadet .177cal
07 Oct 2019 plinkin' - Copy.jpg

(y)

Those are beautiful air rifles.
Nicely done.

Although I'm in the UK I've actually done a lot of shooting over the years, albeit mainly with airguns here and a few muzzle loaders/shotguns. But I've also been lucky enough to visit the US and do some proper shooting at a "Quick Shots" shooting gallery in Florida back in the 90's.

Got a couple of BB guns but my two favourite guns to use are air rifles that I refurbished myself, ...some metal work involved but mainly stock refinishing.
1993 Weihrauch HW35K .22cal
View attachment 53081

1947-1951 BSA Cadet .177cal
View attachment 53082

(y)
i had 35e used to like the little lever to open/cock it
no bullet guns for me but i have one of these a Benelli Supernova 3 shot pump
s53387.jpg

Last edited:
No thanks. Guns make loud noises....
and that frightens me, so I just pick up hand fulls of rocks and throw them really hard at targets
IMG_2251.PNG

Much safer that throwing magazines full of 124gr +P's

Quieter too ?

Love that Duke....

Hmm my favorite gun.... Ruger LRPR in 6.5 creed, or my Savage axis .338 Lapua.... I would have to go with the 6.5 though just because its cheaper to shoot.
I do however love my ruger nm blackhawk in .357/9mm and my Henery .357 lever gun, just need an old dreak open shotty so I can start shooting 3 gun

Those are beautiful air rifles.
Nicely done.
Thank you.
I look after my guns and do like refurbishing mistreated examples if I can pick them up cheap enough.
The HW35K was the worst condition of the two with random holes drilled in the stock, dents, dings and surface rust on the metal work as well as a non-functioning safety and Rekord trigger unit. Pictures of the stock below before I refinished it.
11 - Copy.jpg

I stripped the rifle down to it's metal work, dealt with the surface rust, fixed the safety, fixed the trigger and then fully stripped back the stock. After filling the holes, reshaping some areas and pulling out the dents as best as possible I then used "Red Alkanet" oil followed by "Boiled Linseed" oil. I think it brought out the grain in the wood lovely.
34 Third coat of Alkanet.JPG

i had 35e used to like the little lever to open/cock it
I'd always wanted a HW35 since I was a child when I saw one at the gun club I attended and that's one of the things I loved about it. Very satisfying sound when you use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back