Fazon Fazon brushless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find a pinion with 5mm shaft and 48p teeth?
I took the voltage shaft to the grinder and removed the spur gear then used the spur off my spare granite. (Had to smooth off one side to fit flush) and secured it to the voltage shaft. I then just used the stock granite pinion. I also had to fabricate a new cover because it sticks out farther.

3s. I measured 44mph that day. I should try to measure on a longer stretch of road, as as you can see i didnt have much time of full throttle, I really need to ease the throttle so the car wont spin.

3s. I measured 44mph that day. I should try to measure on a longer stretch of road, as as you can see i didnt have much time of full throttle, I really need to ease the throttle so the car wont spin.

WOW thats pretty good! You would probably get more speed I bet your loosing some from wheel spin plus lack of room.

I'm really impressed how far RCs have came since I raced pan cars back in the day. It amazes me what you can get now from Arrma and Redcat for right around $100 with batteries and ready to run. The other big name brands should step up and make a budget model RC.

Check this out

I'm not sure what the correct term is for the gear that the pinion is in contact with, the spur gear perhaps?

Anyway, the pictured gear looks way different than the ones on my Voltage models. Do I see three Allen bolts fastening it to the original gear?

I took the voltage shaft to the grinder and removed the spur gear then used the spur off my spare granite. (Had to smooth off one side to fit flush) and secured it to the voltage shaft. I then just used the stock granite pinion. I also had to fabricate a new cover because it sticks out farther.
I'm interested to see this cover. What did you make it from?

I'm interested to see this cover. What did you make it from?
well I used the original cover as a spacer and glued a dugout thick piece of some plastic or nylon stuff I found at work to it. then I made an adjustable bearing mount. Ill send pics when I get off work today.

well I used the original cover as a spacer and glued a dugout thick piece of some plastic or nylon stuff I found at work to it. then I made an adjustable bearing mount. Ill send pics when I get off work today.

Attachments

• 15518277215982488057404720341384.jpg
    15518277215982488057404720341384.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 15518278289088767483536308814983.jpg
    15518278289088767483536308814983.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 61
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back