Fazon Fazon Diff Upgrade/Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiro

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
So I keep having issues with either the rear drive cups or differential gear in one of my Fazons. My son will be running the truck and strip out the drive cups. I installed, per these forums, the SWorks ones. Now we have gone through 2 differentials and we broke another last night. After the 1st diff replacement, I put the Arrma cups back on but eventually ran out of those and went back to metal. I am trying to find a solution to the problem. The differential breaks on the shaft going out to the cups. Does anyone know of a stronger solution for the differential? Or is the Arrma parts all that's available? If I can't get a stronger diff, then I am going to have to go back to the plastic cups and try the set screw method. I don't know if they will give enough to save the diff and yet not get spun.

Thanks in advance!

Or maybe just grab a Typhon Mega? :ROFLMAO:

So I keep having issues with either the rear drive cups or differential gear in one of my Fazons. My son will be running the truck and strip out the drive cups. I installed, per these forums, the SWorks ones. Now we have gone through 2 differentials and we broke another last night. After the 1st diff replacement, I put the Arrma cups back on but eventually ran out of those and went back to metal. I am trying to find a solution to the problem. The differential breaks on the shaft going out to the cups. Does anyone know of a stronger solution for the differential? Or is the Arrma parts all that's available? If I can't get a stronger diff, then I am going to have to go back to the plastic cups and try the set screw method. I don't know if they will give enough to save the diff and yet not get spun.

Thanks in advance!

Or maybe just grab a Typhon Mega? :ROFLMAO:
No help huh? I'm trying to find a part number.

Unfortunately I haven't seen alternative diff outdrives for the voltage diffs and the stock ones are so small that they are pretty weak. I have tried locking the rear diff by taking it apart and filling it with hot glue but that locks both rear wheels together so it handles worse in corners now but I did this thinking that it would help with the snapping of the outdrives, but I have no idea if it actually has done anything to help it or not.

Best way I found to make them last longer is to make sure to be off the throttle when going airborne and landing. If you're airborne and land while on the throttle its the instant torque as the wheel suddenly comes to a stop that snaps the outputs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back