Fazon HD build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Coming along finally after 4 months building from scratch...

20116924-C4CE-4D70-AEDC-9E53CF62C0EC.jpeg

CC45F983-CFAB-4C39-B22E-FF06BBADBB82.jpeg

C7E57F65-E8F4-412E-A77B-85B263EB9B83.jpeg

D22712F0-CBB3-4872-BBEB-BAE8DABF8532.jpeg

12EC93E8-AC75-40EB-80EB-41DAB3F3D9E2.jpeg

- big rock hd shocks
- big rock hd driveshafts
- sealed bearings
- leopard 4082 1600kv
- Hobbywing max6 (designing carbon fiber mount plate)
- Aluminum front/center/rear Diff cups and housings (awaiting delivery)

Diff brain will not be used. Plan is to seal hr Diff cups to run oil. Is there a gasket size that will fit, or will they need to be cut out of a certain material for custom ones?

Thanx,

Justin

Looks good :D. Arrma sells diff gaskets (AR310541) so you don't need to cut them yourself. What is the reason you don't want to use the brain diff? I've got the brainless version of the Nero and thinking about to get the brain diff for the center diff only.

Are the gaskets you listed the same material as gaskets used for oil based diffs since the nero/fazon diffs don’t contain oil?

The reason I am going with no brain for any of the diffs is better tuning with oils. Trying to keep things more simple and reliable ;)

Thanx,

Justin

I think the gaskets are the same, but they should work with silicone diff oil as well.

I have the non brain and sealed...used screws and red loctite...has been leak free 50+ runs. Im running 50/300/30....love the performance. I have had 0 problems with my nero...broke rod ends early on and replaced them with thicker ones. Changed shock position...truck runs great.

For gaskets im pretty sure I used some spares I had from my sabertooth basher
http://www.valuehobby.com/acme-washer-32865.html

@RuBiker if you only want to be able to control the center diff from the transmitter I don't think you need the whole diff brain. If you just buy one diff servo you should be able to plug that servo directly into the open channel 3 spot. I think I have seen a post in this forum of someone who has done this, but I can't seem to find it right now and I am not sure how to setup the stock TTX300 to operate a servo on channel 3. It seems like it should be possible, but it might take some looking around to figure out how to set it up.

@chevyrumble: thanks for the information.
I think I will go for the sealed diff with thick diff oil. I just order a spare diff case just in case something goes wrong with sealing it ;). I guess I can use blue loctite as well? (I don't have the red one)

I was considering just controlling the center diff, but I think I am going to stick with the plan to seal up all three.

Justin

I was considering just controlling the center diff, but I think I am going to stick with the plan to seal up all three.

Justin
what do they look like to have to seal up, I have a big rock coming, im pulling all 3 servos out, and tuning with oils as well, screw that, have a locked diff, land the wrong way, REBUILD time, NOPE...problems waiting to happen, if anyone wants them lmk, sell cheap,lol...can u post a pic of why you have to seal, I wish I had it so I can tear into it....

My non-brain nero is at about the same stage as the non-brain fazon hd.
FFD80BEA-251D-4648-9AD3-0E747FB76CFA.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back