Fazon out of the box disaster!! Your opinion is needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mansour545

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Please note!: all issues have been fixed by Arrma support and this post is an experience told no more.

hi guys..

I have bought the Fazon a week ago and had no fun with it since then. First after unboxing it I connected my 6S lipos and tried it in air just ti see how much the tires would balloon, I noticed that all 4 tires are wiggling pretty well and they are out of balance as going faster with throttle it starts to vibrate. In my first run I tried the car and decided to check out the diff brain modes and in a couple of minutes the car started to spin in place without me doing any steering then after closer look I found the rear right drive shaft pin that goes in the U joint is broken!!??
I decided not run at anymore until there is a fix.
I started in changing the 15 tooth pinion gear to the optional 17 tooth pinion that came with. After putting the motor plate in the second position to make a tite but not too tight meshing and did the paper between gears test I assembled it back tried it in air by lifting it by the top handle and gradually pulling the throttle after passing 50% throttle there was a spark and small parts flying out I stopped immediately then after collecting the flying parts it appears to be the spur gear teeth all broken out!!!!!
I contacted support about all the issues just in one week and 2 runs ONLY!! They agreed to replace all tires and rear drive shaft but not the spur gear!!
I did the exact steps in the manual I watched a couple of YouTube videos prior to changing the pinion gear I did the paper test put the motor plate in position 2 from the left as in the picture.. support say that it's from wrongly done gear meshing..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE DID IT GO WRONG?

I can't express my deepest disappointment and upset about all of that happening in just a couple of runs only.
Anyone from arrma support here who can help!?
I'm so frustrated.

Pics & vids
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxV8DT7OUaeiYlV3RVJ2eHFYdG8

Last edited:
Hi mansour545.
I just can guess what happens.
Please check you´re axle pin, made it wet out and blocked the axel.
On the other hand, I do not understand that you change the pinion gear if you found out that you´re wheels are not OK?
My wheels also wiggling a little, but not so heavy like yours. On 6s and small pinion gear I have no problems.
The main gear looks that you're motor had moved away from the spur gear while driving and the slipper was maybe a little to tight.
The axle where break and blocks the drivetrain and the result was that you´re motor had shredded the rest.

Maybe you're Fazon was build on monday morning...
I have an Nero BR and no issues like you.

Hi mansour545.
I just can guess what happens.
Please check you´re axle pin, made it wet out and blocked the axel.
On the other hand, I do not understand that you change the pinion gear if you found out that you´re wheels are not OK?
My wheels also wiggling a little, but not so heavy like yours. On 6s and small pinion gear I have no problems.
The main gear looks that you're motor had moved away from the spur gear while driving and the slipper was maybe a little to tight.
The axle where break and blocks the drivetrain and the result was that you´re motor had shredded the rest.

Maybe you're Fazon was build on monday morning...
I have an Nero BR and no issues like you.

Thanks for your opinion..

But the axle pin was broken before the pinion gear issu.. as I mad a temporary fix for the axle that's why I changed the pinion and this tires video is straight out of the box first moment. And the axle pin broken on ceramic run no hard or traction surfaces at all out of a sudden the car started spinning without any steering. It migh be stored under direct sunlight or humid place.. something have effected the materials maybe I don't know .

Anyway I am now waiting for the parts replacement from support under warranty. Hopefully I can have fun eventually.

Strange issues? I have the Fazon and my first run (on 4S) was on asphalt and also tried the diff brain functions. I went into wheelie mode, drift mode etc. with no issues, although I was expecting something to happen after reading others issues. Hate to hear you are having these problems...
The only problem I had was one of the axels for the wheelie bar was threaded in on an angle, which was replaced under warranty.

Strange issues? I have the Fazon and my first run (on 4S) was on asphalt and also tried the diff brain functions. I went into wheelie mode, drift mode etc. with no issues, although I was expecting something to happen after reading others issues. Hate to hear you are having these problems...
The only problem I had was one of the axels for the wheelie bar was threaded in on an angle, which was replaced under warranty.
Thanks for sharing this. It gives better impression than the first I had.
It's a good thing to know that other Fazon owners have no problem whatsoever. It might mean that these issues are limited and will be fix once and for all.

Nero, Nero Big Rock and Fazon are the same base with small further developments.
Motor, chassis, slipper, diffs etc. are mainly the same
The BR should have some stronger (HD) parts, there is something written about that on the Arrma side but I am could not see differences expect the color of the slide part of the axles.
I don't know if the Fazon have the same parts (HD).
Some people also had the problem with broken pins in the axle and some had used pins from traxxas.
Maybe you´re pin was loosen and came out-> Axle blocked. Also it is possible that you´re spur gear had get some small
damaging on it´s tooth.
Anyway, when you get you´re spare parts, please check you´re slipper also! Next time if the pin will break, the motor do not will damage the hole drive train.
It is not every car / user which have this issue; thats I think it will be the way how to handle them.
But also it is possible that Arrma hat changed the quality of these pins, cause the Fazon is produced later than the Nero.
It comes out a little later than the BR. (Here in Germany)

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back