Fazon Fazon Voltage - replacing stock servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a hot racing (aluminum) medium duty servo savor. Do you recommend using the aluminum?

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-S...059134&sr=8-1&keywords=hot+racing+servo+saver

Hi RudeDog,

How can we help? It's tough to say what happened without seeing things and even then, sometimes, it can be tough to figure out. Id' like to see what you mean by broke apart. Can you post a pic or two?

Sometimes servo savers only hold together once they are screwed snug. If it wasn't, and it was bumping against the chassis in there, it can pop apart. If the servo is not clocked or indexed correctly, the horn or servo saver will turn too far in one direction and contact the chassis, this contact may be the culprit.

Whichever servo saver you use, make sure that you connect the servo to powered up receiver and that the steering and steering trim are all in the neutral position, It'll go to the right spot, then you install your servo saver, then put the servo saver in the car.

I'm rambling, but hopefully this helps you some.

Here are a few pics of the aftermath. Do you know of any videos that refer to installation
of servos and savers.

Attachments

• 20190131_164945.jpg
    20190131_164945.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190131_165143.jpg
    20190131_165143.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190131_164934.jpg
    20190131_164934.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190128_182834.jpg
    20190128_182834.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190131_165207.jpg
    20190131_165207.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190131_165143.jpg
    20190131_165143.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 45
I found a hot racing (aluminum) medium duty servo savor. Do you recommend using the aluminum?

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-S...059134&sr=8-1&keywords=hot+racing+servo+saver
Can you find the spring that was in the servo saver around somewhere? Gather up the bits and figure out the servo saver on the servo first. That's the key piece and, if you cannot, reinstall the original one for the time being so at least the car is together.

As for the servo saver, mount it to the servo before installing the servo in the chassis. Then, once the servo is dropped in and fastened down, pop the tie-rods back on to the servo saver, then to the spindle ends and voila. Money.

I can make a video, but not till later on I'm afraid, I need to be writing a school paper.

Can you find the spring that was in the servo saver around somewhere? Gather up the bits and figure out the servo saver on the servo first. That's the key piece and, if you cannot, reinstall the original one for the time being so at least the car is together.

As for the servo saver, mount it to the servo before installing the servo in the chassis. Then, once the servo is dropped in and fastened down, pop the tie-rods back on to the servo saver, then to the spindle ends and voila. Money.

I can make a video, but not till later on I'm afraid, I need to be writing a school paper.

I drove up to the LHS today and took in the truck. I bought another servo saver (armma this time) and installed it. It was rubbing, so I made some minor modification the chassis to fit the savox servo. Works like a champ now.

I still have it. I found the spring in the yard later.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190203_112058.jpg
    20190203_112058.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 37
How did this servo worked for you, was it much better then the original one?
Very well! I have replaced the stock on my Kraton with the same one and I ordered a spare just to have on the shelf! I see it's becoming more popular on the Arrma facebook group as well. Can't beat it for price.. haven't killed one yet!

Very well! I have replaced the stock on my Kraton with the same one and I ordered a spare just to have on the shelf! I see it's becoming more popular on the Arrma facebook group as well. Can't beat it for price.. haven't killed one yet!
Just ordered one myself after your reply. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back