Kraton Fazon vs kraton 6s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started with a used V1 Kraton and over the last 2 years its taken everything I've thrown at it. Super impressed. Then Tower had that deal. I got a Nero and really enjoy it but its completely different from a Kraton. The Kraton's traditional Truggy style layout is a breeze to work on where the Nero is a little more involved but not too hard. Just needs a little more patience.

I started with a used V1 Kraton and over the last 2 years its taken everything I've thrown at it. Super impressed. Then Tower had that deal. I got a Nero and really enjoy it but its completely different from a Kraton. The Kraton's traditional Truggy style layout is a breeze to work on where the Nero is a little more involved but not too hard. Just needs a little more patience.
you didn't say which you prefer or think is a better or faster only stating they are different..

you didn't say which you prefer or think is a better or faster only stating they are different..

I have a fazon and talion. The talion is faster. 4lbs differences in weight is like 400lbs on a real car. Gear up the talion or kraton(same trucks besides wheels) and roll. Get you a big pinion a d a small spur and watch it fly...I love my fazon but it is heavy as hell

I can see that most of the folks who answer in favor of the Kraton is because they don't own a Fazon. Nero/Fazon engineering is much more suited for speed runs than for jump bashing, it's a lot more stable at higher speeds, lower center of gravity and above all, it looks meaner. The only change you'll need to do is the pinion and boom you'll have a much more stable truck at 65mph.

I can see that most of the folks who answer in favor of the Kraton is because they don't own a Fazon. Nero/Fazon engineering is much more suited for speed runs than for jump bashing, it's a lot more stable at higher speeds, lower center of gravity and above all, it looks meaner. The only change you'll need to do is the pinion and boom you'll have a much more stable truck at 65mph.
Ok niceeeeeeee

Kraton all the way! The Kraton is durable as hell, easy to work on, and extremely fun to drive. In short the kraton is a beast!

One thing that is not mentioned- Part availability-

Kraton- Parts available anywhere with a simple Google search, pretty much any part you can think of most likely due to it's popularity and length of time it's been out.

Big Rock/Fazon/Nero- Parts are available but some are hard/ impossible to find (if going with OEM) IE: rods ends, shaft pins.

I have a Kraton and a Nero w/diff brain, since the weather has been cold I run the Kraton over the Nero fearing the broken part that I cannot find. (Diff brain does not work in my Nero anyway for throttle control- part on its way) Obviously YMMV on your driving/ bashing skills- I'm new at this and am a very very poor driver!!! It's something to take in consideration though................If you break something, can you find the part you need to get back to running the hell out of it in a short time?

I have a fazon so I know what I am talking about. We race weekly and a truggy weighing 9 lbs against a 14lb truck with the same power system and gearing kicks my fazons azz every time. That is simple physics..same HP and less weight on these scale of trucks you should see the obvious outcome. Unless you cannot drive is the only way you will lose. I race real cars and motorcycles as well. This is something to do over the winter until the dragstrips open back up-

And my fazon is a beast to work on.. for speed runs do Like I did and build one of these-

Attachments

• IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 60
There are eBay Chop Shops that have most parts for most trucks for much less than retail. Ex. Purchased Diff Brain for $80, for entire setup, 4 hour install (doh) and it works perfect. Lumidave is a seller that specializes in purchasing whole trucks and selling the parts. He has been mentioned in other threads

I have a fazon so I know what I am talking about. We race weekly and a truggy weighing 9 lbs against a 14lb truck with the same power system and gearing kicks my fazons azz every time. That is simple physics..same HP and less weight on these scale of trucks you should see the obvious outcome. Unless you cannot drive is the only way you will lose. I race real cars and motorcycles as well. This is something to do over the winter until the dragstrips open back up-

And my fazon is a beast to work on.. for speed runs do Like I did and build one of these-
That's a Slash lcg? If not asking too much what
Kraton is the obvious choice
as some said earlier easy to work on durable as for speed if you know what you are doing you can run 8s on it.
I'm a newbie so wouldn't have the first clue about going to 8s... ive got a couple lcg slash I'm going to put a posiden in for speed runs..but i want 1/8 to whoop my buddy fazon..

That is my hpi Vorza- my last one I got up to 122mph. I sold it a few years ago and bought a new one last month to build again. Posiedon motor, monster xlx esc and custom diffs. Shooting for 140mph

That's a Slash lcg? If not asking too much what

I'm a newbie so wouldn't have the first clue about going to 8s... ive got a couple lcg slash I'm going to put a posiden in for speed runs..but i want 1/8 to whoop my buddy fazon..
Go to youtube and type in Kraton 8s and you will see what it does

Go to youtube and type in Kraton 8s and you will see what it does
Thanks

That is my hpi Vorza- my last one I got up to 122mph. I sold it a few years ago and bought a new one last month to build again. Posiedon motor, monster xlx esc and custom diffs. Shooting for 140mph[/QUOTE those tires on your hpi what are those? gonna need some that doesn't balloon

They are belted slicks and do not balloon. I also use foams--
Ok thanks cause my slash stay ballooning...I'm gonna go on tower hobbies and oder my kraton. Question do the wheels balloon or do I need to buy some??

Ok thanks cause my slash stay ballooning...I'm gonna go on tower hobbies and oder my kraton. Question do the wheels balloon or do I need to buy some??

SRC terrain or road crushers are belted monster truck tires- that is what you need or some fifth scale wheel adapters and some 1/5 scale foams...

SRC terrain or road crushers are belted monster truck tires- that is what you need or some fifth scale wheel adapters and some 1/5 scale foams...
Okay thanks.... gonna look them up and order some

I use the terra crushers on my nero. Awesome tires for the ground. You will lose speed. I went to 17t pinion to regain. They will not be ideal for jumping, bashing off road as they offer little grip and little cushion for landing. But I do love them for blasting about driveway, road, and around my yard. Keep stock tires for jumping and off road bashing. Manipulate the pinion size with the tires for desired speed and performance. I put the 15t pinion from my nero on the Outcast and love it. Enjoy your Kraton

I believe the outcast is geared the same as the Kraton

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back