Kraton Fazon vs kraton 6s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ky2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I thinking about getting one wanted to know which is the better and faster kraton or fazon...

I thinking about getting one wanted to know which is the better and faster kraton or fazon...
I own a Kraton, Talion and two Nero's, Nero is fast and fun but brakes quite often, Kraton and Talion are faster, jumps better, turns better and rarely ever brakes. The Fazon is basically a Nero. If you are not going to bash it hard, I would go with the Fazon, they are just an awesome looking truck, but if you plan on hard bashing, you can't beat the Kraton or Talion.

It really depends on what you want to do and how you drive. They are completely different beast. I own both and I take them out according to the terrain I'm driving on and how I feel like driving. The Nero line are fast and stable but tougher to jump. The different modes are fun but they do have their limits. If you don't take time to learn them you will get frustrated with broken parts. The Kraton it a lot of fun and durable as hell. They can pretty much do anything. You can make them fast as hell and jump them. They run on open diffs but you can just change the diff fuild and it will change how it drives. I love them both but I do find myself driving the Kraton more. I agree with OF. I have broken more parts on my Nero/Fazon but they were all small parts. I have broken a rod end, a couple of pins, a rocker pin, and a bumper. The Kraton I have broken a wing and a wing mount. I do drive my Kraton like I stole it and the Nero I dive like I own it....lol. Hope that helps.

I have the Outcast and Nero. I use them pretty much like va-keeper described. Have Nero set up,as my speed racer. Terra crushers, larger pinion, etc. And keep it on the ground. It is an engineering marvel. The Outcast I reach for almost daily as I can bash it in the driveway, street, and yard with wheelies, small,jumps, speed runs, and off road fun. I live on a big sand dune. The only parts I've broken thus far is sheared axel pin, my fault, all out with diffs locked on Nero first day And wing mount on Outcast. Used larger screws to reattach. Kraton will be way easier to work on. Blue Nero offers 4 in 1 capability. Just get both ha.

I own a Kraton, Talion and two Nero's, Nero is fast and fun but brakes quite often, Kraton and Talion are faster, jumps better, turns better and rarely ever brakes. The Fazon is basically a Nero. If you are not going to bash it hard, I would go with the Fazon, they are just an awesome looking truck, but if you plan on hard bashing, you can't beat the Kraton or Talion.

I like speed, not a basher more of a street racer. small hill and grass at times... must admit I'm kinda a newbie... my buddy has a fazon so I wanted to get something faster... i guess ill get the fazon to keep up...

My buddy has a fazon so this is why posed that questions... I wanted something faster so i can basically shut him up...lol... was gonna get an erov but i was told not breaks alot... don't wanna get the same as him but i guess I will, just to keep up since i won't be able to leave him in the dust.....

I like speed, not a basher more of a street racer. small hill and grass at times... must admit I'm kinda a newbie... my buddy has a fazon so I wanted to get something faster... i guess ill get the fazon to keep up...

My buddy has a fazon so this is why posed that questions... I wanted something faster so i can basically shut him up...lol... was gonna get an erov but i was told not breaks alot... don't wanna get the same as him but i guess I will, just to keep up since i won't be able to leave him in the dust.....

Doesn't have to be the same...............customize..........clear body and paint it up!!! Tune it secretly so it handles better and put the whoop on him!!!

Doesn't have to be the same...............customize..........clear body and paint it up!!! Tune it secretly so it handles better and put the whoop on him!!!
Example of tuning.... sorry for asking such simple questions

Example of tuning.... sorry for asking such simple questions

Never be sorry for asking a question...........always be sorry for NOT asking a question..........

Tune suspension- change out shock oils if need be to suit your driving style. Change out diff fluids, pinion, even wheels come in to play for traction. Browse through the threads, there is a wealth of information here and folks that can direct you to what your goal is.

Shocks, pinions, wheels, and programming the esc are examples of things that can be tuned to your liking.

Never be sorry for asking a question...........always be sorry for NOT asking a question..........

Tune suspension- change out shock oils if need be to suit your driving style. Change out diff fluids, pinion, even wheels come in to play for traction. Browse through the threads, there is a wealth of information here and folks that can direct you to what your goal is.
Thanks alot cause i really wanna shut this dude up especially after he whoop my slash. I put her up waiting on my mm2 to get here...knowing him ,he will say its not a monsta truck so coverind all corners.... lol... again. thanks

Shocks, pinions, wheels, and programming the esc are examples of things that can be tuned to your liking.
Thanks gonna oder my fazon in a bit and I'm stoked... my mission is called "revenge"

Thanks alot cause i really wanna shut this dude up especially after he whoop my slash. I put her up waiting on my mm2 to get here...knowing him ,he will say its not a monsta truck so coverind all corners.... lol... again. thanks

Thanks gonna oder my fazon in a bit and I'm stoked... my mission is called "revenge"
Kraton is faster. It's 4 lbs lighter with the same motor and ESC as the Fazon. I had a Nero and sold it... The Kraton is just a better basher. Cheaper too...

I'm not a basher type more of street runner.I am torn some say fazon others say kraton... I will pick the majority out of 10... thank for your input appreciate it....

You won't go wrong with either. They are both awesome. I would say to watch videos of others running them and see what does what you like best in your opinion. If it is a popularity contest then 1 vote for Fazon as that is the best 1 for me, for what I do, in my opinion. Good luck. Let us know your choice

I'm not a basher type more of street runner.I am torn some say fazon others say kraton... I will pick the majority out of 10... thank for your input appreciate it....
It's a faster street runner! Lighter and lower center of gravity! Like I said Kraton is based off a durango race truggy....
Faster as a basher or street machine, what ever...

It's a faster street runner! Lighter and lower center of gravity! Like I said Kraton is based off a durango race truggy....
Faster as a basher or street machine, what ever...
Ok okay thats what I'm talking bout push me over the edge... lol

I honestly can't see how the Fazon could be much faster than the Kraton. Considering the weight, but who knows, I have not tested them both. I can say that the Kraton on 6s with the small Pinion is friggin crazy fast. I doubt I will use the big pinion until the small one breaks. Also we are on the 2nd version of the Kraton, so the bugs were worked out on the Kraton, that may not have been on the Fazon's 1st release. Also the tinkerers and hobbyists have had more time with the Kraton, so the availability of modification information is greater. AND it's super easy to work on. Also,the FazonBody is not for me.

Kraton and Outcast are built on a racing platform! Nero, really cool but a heavy monster truck. Kraton all the way!
Ok getting a few kraton votes I am now leaning towards the Kraton blx...

I honestly can't see how the Fazon could be much faster than the Kraton. Considering the weight, but who knows, I have not tested them both. I can say that the Kraton on 6s with the small Pinion is friggin crazy fast. I doubt I will use the big pinion until the small one breaks. Also we are on the 2nd version of the Kraton, so the bugs were worked out on the Kraton, that may not have been on the Fazon's 1st release. Also the tinkerers and hobbyists have had more time with the Kraton, so the availability of modification information is greater. AND it's super easy to work on. Also,the FazonBody is not for me.
Thanks

Whatever you decide, if your buying new, Tower has Ecash back + coupon code through tomorrow. If you are not a member join for $5 and you'll get a larger discount. More than the $5. Just in case you didn’t know.

Whatever you decide, if your buying new, Tower has Ecash back + coupon code through tomorrow. If you are not a member join for $5 and you'll get a larger discount. More than the $5. Just in case you didn’t know.

Yes i know, cause ive bought a couple slash from them. but thank anyway...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back