Kraton Feeling i have been misleaded/scammed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
As you guys might know i bought another kraton to build and planned to give it to good friends of my girlfriend...( they were in utter joy when they drove mine)

The car was a secondhand and in pieces...
The pro's were it had a

- Genuinemax6
- Hobbystar 4092 1480kv
- Some cheap gpm parts ( fr/rr braces)
- Rpm arms in the back
- Dx2e transmitter and receiver

Cons: according to the old owner *only*
- No servo ( i have a powerhd 20kg.. so no probs here)
- No front arms ( also not a big deal)

Now my original plan was to go there check it out and then buy it or leave it...But because the global covib 19 happenings i choose to pay a little extra to get it delivered to me...

I had asked the old owner like 3times...is the whole car complete? and does it miss any parts apart from the cons above?...NOO he said..i asked how are the tires he send a front picture of it that they were in MINT condition...i asked twice about the general condition...he said is was all as good as new.....so i thought okay...lets pay it..get it send to me and then i have a nice project going on..

Got the package yesterday...
And i was kinda blown away how i got scammed....
The shock towers front and rear are bent af...
3 Shock shafts are like a banana.
I'm missing 4 shock end links..
2 out of the 3 diff cases are cracked and unusable...
A diff case if split in half.
The front hing-pin holder is in 2pieces..the red alu thing inside it is like a banana..
And a wheel hex is fully rounded out...

So long story short i don't know how to go from here...the old owner keeps saying its in perfect condition...doesn't wanna give me a little cash back for 2 new wheels according to him they are like new!...he just said...that the car is now my problem and is not answering anymore to my messages....

So yeah i needed to let it go...sorry for the long one....
And about the wheels...this is not like new right?!
I put my Trencher x next to it to compare the 2

20200319_130539.jpg
20200319_130544.jpg

I hate buying used. I won’t
Ones persons description of perfect isn’t even close to another.
hope you learned your lesson.
Where did you buy from? Ebay? Kijiji?
Yeah..im never gonne do that again...
Its a big site here in the netherlands called marktplaats . nl

Im just without words on how he can say its like new...and that the wheels are like new..i really don't get it?

As for some of us the truth is important I am sorry the seller didn't see it that way.
I absolutely hate I told ya so kinda people also as each situation is unique and sometimes we all must trust and take chances.
You were mislead and lied to to, for that I am sorry.
Good luck with the recovery from this.

As for some of us the truth is important I am sorry the seller didn't see it that way.
I absolutely hate I told ya so kinda people also as each situation is unique and sometimes we all must trust and take chances.
You were mislead and lied to to, for that I am sorry.
Good luck with the recovery from this.
Now its just gonna take a little longer to build haha.. ?

What did you pay with? Do you have Paypal? Ive bought stuff online,but only pay through paypal "Goods and Services". Out of 20+ buys, only one was bogus and Paypal gave me my money back.

What did you pay with? Do you have Paypal? Ive bought stuff online,but only pay through paypal "Goods and Services". Out of 20+ buys, only one was bogus and Paypal gave me my money back.
I paid with ideal..so no money back i think..ill contact the website tomorrow and see what they say about it :)

Pics didn't show this damage beforehand?
No the car was all in pieces and the only pics were of the good stuff.. the motor..esc the gpm braces and stuff...so it was intentional misleading i think...but hey on the bright side i have a max 6 now and a 4092 motor so why not make my kraton a 8s rocketship?! ??

No the car was all in pieces and the only pics were of the good stuff.. the motor..esc the gpm braces and stuff...so it was intentional misleading i think...but hey on the bright side i have a max 6 now and a 4092 motor so why not make my kraton a 8s rocketship?! ??
Oh well at least it's all fixable stuff, now you have all the reasons in the world to upgrade all the things haha.

The guy is a sh$t bucket. A least when your done your girlfriends friends will know they have a great rig. Pay it forward and forget about the dirt bag. Watching their excitement will make the rest fade away.

People suck. End of story. I never buy something used that has the possibility of being abused. This definitely includes RC trucks as well as automobiles. I hope you find some sort of remedy to the situation. If not, I am a true believer in Karma. I hope that guy gets his in spades.

Similar thing happened to me, only the other way round, u try and be truthful and hope that people are just as enthusiastic about our obsession, some people are just arseholes pure and simple, ur efforts will be rewarded tenfold when u give it to the person its intended for.

As you guys might know i bought another kraton to build and planned to give it to good friends of my girlfriend...( they were in utter joy when they drove mine)

The car was a secondhand and in pieces...
The pro's were it had a

- Genuinemax6
- Hobbystar 4092 1480kv
- Some cheap gpm parts ( fr/rr braces)
- Rpm arms in the back
- Dx2e transmitter and receiver

Cons: according to the old owner *only*
- No servo ( i have a powerhd 20kg.. so no probs here)
- No front arms ( also not a big deal)

Now my original plan was to go there check it out and then buy it or leave it...But because the global covib 19 happenings i choose to pay a little extra to get it delivered to me...

I had asked the old owner like 3times...is the whole car complete? and does it miss any parts apart from the cons above?...NOO he said..i asked how are the tires he send a front picture of it that they were in MINT condition...i asked twice about the general condition...he said is was all as good as new.....so i thought okay...lets pay it..get it send to me and then i have a nice project going on..

Got the package yesterday...
And i was kinda blown away how i got scammed....
The shock towers front and rear are bent af...
3 Shock shafts are like a banana.
I'm missing 4 shock end links..
2 out of the 3 diff cases are cracked and unusable...
A diff case if split in half.
The front hing-pin holder is in 2pieces..the red alu thing inside it is like a banana..
And a wheel hex is fully rounded out...

So long story short i don't know how to go from here...the old owner keeps saying its in perfect condition...doesn't wanna give me a little cash back for 2 new wheels according to him they are like new!...he just said...that the car is now my problem and is not answering anymore to my messages....

So yeah i needed to let it go...sorry for the long one....
And about the wheels...this is not like new right?!
I put my Trencher x next to it to compare the 2

View attachment 70630View attachment 70631
What the hell mate are you north of the boarder if its up here I will go and sort it out for you if its up here

What the hell mate are you north of the boarder if its up here I will go and sort it out for you if its up here
Haha good to have the unity on here!!
Im already building the car up so progress is made...and losses are already forgotten ?

Attachments

• 20200321_034731.jpg
    20200321_034731.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 56
Well sounds like you took the gamble not to go check it out first yourself and trust the seller. It can go right, but seems like the coin just landed on the wrong side for you this time.
Since you payed with Ideal I guess you are from the netherlands (like me). I guess you are on your own on this one. I don't think Ideal offers any buyers protection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back