Felony 6s off road tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmyRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I’ve been looking for some treaded tires for the felony 6s… I run on a chips and dust track and I feel like I can get more battery life and speed with some treaded tires… looking for suggestions …can’t really find anything anywhere about it thanks

I doubt you’re going to find any with the different front and rear gear ratios. On my Infraction I put a set of Sidewinder 2 with some minor fitting - you might be able to do that if you swap out the rear diff for a GP5

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/alternate-tires-anyone.17529/page-2#post-468204

6F8C6643-D736-4829-8D6A-65DB572B2E56.jpeg

I doubt you’re going to find any with the different front and rear gear ratios. On my Infraction I put a set of Sidewinder 2 with some minor fitting - you might be able to do that if you swap out the rear diff for a GP5

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/alternate-tires-anyone.17529/page-2#post-468204

View attachment 172200
Ok thanks

View attachment 172200
I just thought of something and I would like you opinion… so if I want more traction what would your view be on putting chains on the wheels not sure if this would work only seen it done to off road tires

Last edited:
Ok thanks

I just thought of something and I would like you opinion… so if I want more traction what would your view be on putting chains on the wheels not sure if this would work only seen it done to off road tires

Never thought of that approach but my first though is that you won’t be able to find anything at that scale that is durable enough to withstand the speed that the tires spin at without being ground down/flung off …. But I’m often wrong and where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Never thought of that approach but my first though is that you won’t be able to find anything at that scale that is durable enough to withstand the speed that the tires spin at without being ground down/flung off …. But I’m often wrong and where there’s a will, there’s a way.
True thanks

@timmyRC,
You have a problem there, in that you should not run the same tires all around, because you have a Felony. And the rear Main/inputs gears are different than the front. Notice that your Rear Felony tires have a larger diameter than the front. Hoons are larger/ taller in the rear. I would first go to GP5 gears both front and rear first before trying to put same diameter tires on all four's. You are kind of stuck here. Need to do it right first. Learn you Felony a little better first, to understand my point.

Regarding an off road tire, most any 1/8 Buggy Track tire will fit. (Mini pins) Will need to raise the body a notch or two for clearancee. But has been done with the Infraction, but, has same front and rear Gear ratios, unlike the Felony.
I would rethink your objective.

Chains????? NO.

@timmyRC,
You have a problem there, in that you should not run the same tires all around, because you have a Felony. And the rear Main/inputs gears are different than the front. Notice that your Rear Felony tires have a larger diameter than the front. Hoons are larger/ taller in the rear. I would first go to GP5 gears both front and rear first before trying to put same diameter tires on all four's. You are kind of stuck here. Need to do it right first. Learn you Felony a little better first, to understand my point.

Regarding an off road tire, most any 1/8 Buggy Track tire will fit. (Mini pins) Will need to raise the body a notch or two for clearancee. But has been done with the Infraction, but, has same front and rear Gear ratios, unlike the Felony.
I would rethink your objective.

Chains????? NO.
Yeah the more I look into it the right thing would be to change the gears thanks for the input appreciate it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back