Felony; Can I upgrade ESC to MMX8S and keep AVC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
Howdy guys,

I’d like to upgrade my stock Felony to a Castle Mamba Monster X 8S and castle 1717-1260Kv motor.

Would this kill off my spektrum AVC traction control operation? Or does it kill off just the ESC throttle modulation portion, but the steering portion remains operational?

Thanks,
JT

Howdy guys,

I’d like to upgrade my stock Felony to a Castle Mamba Monster X 8S and castle 1717-1260Kv motor.

Would this kill off my spektrum AVC traction control operation? Or does it kill off just the ESC throttle modulation portion, but the steering portion remains operational?

Thanks,
JT
Pretty sure AVC is controlled by the receiver (rx) not the esc. Anyone smarter than me, please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. Yes, that's just about everyone here.

Pretty sure AVC is controlled by the receiver (rx) not the esc. Anyone smarter than me, please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. Yes, that's just about everyone here.
Correct I did the same with my infraction AVC still works fine but the receiver will not talk to Castle ESC { send smart ESC data to radio }

Awesome, thank you for the information guys. Good to know about the loss of spektrum smart data which I don’t use currently anyway.

Time to smack into some curbs at 8S speed! Hahaha…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back