Felony Felony catches some air!! ☁️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Departure was around 7 p.m. Eastern Standard!! Got all jacked and mustard up the courage to send it.. welp thats exactly what happened!! 😭

Started off with a nice easy pull and about 3/4 throttle into it the magic show began.. idk if I went over a lil hump in the rd or took on too much throttle as it got close to me to get the full exp points, but sure enough she decided to take that leap.. and there she was, right in front of me, face up butt down 18-20ft high.. as I proceeded to spectate this beautiful tumble weed dance past me, looking for its purpose.. I wondered how I was gonna tell my fellow comrades the tragedy I had witnessed unfold before me!!

And bam it landed straight on its rear-end cuz it wasn't dancing, it was froze in a time warp.. it held its position the entire time!! 😡

My dumb @ss didn't think to trim the wing and I'm sure it didn't help.. so yea I picked up my broken tail lights and took the walk of shame!!
I'll snap a pic so u guys can see how far it went.. almost cleared stop sign to my road!! 🛑

I'll take it as a bust even type of hand, no major damage so thats good!! 💯

20221013_191428.jpg

20221013_191500.jpg

20221013_191542.jpg

20221013_191524.jpg

Screenshot_20221013-191010_RC Gears.jpg

Last edited:
Departure was around 7 p.m. Eastern Standard!! Got all jacked and mustard up the courage to send it.. welp thats exactly what happened!! 😭

Started off with a nice easy pull and about 3/4 throttle into it the magic show began.. idk if I went over a lil hump in the rd or took on too much throttle as it got close to me to get the full exp points, but sure enough she decided to take that leap.. and there she was, right in front of me, face up butt down 18-20ft high.. as I proceeded to spectate this beautiful tumble weed dance past me, looking for its purpose.. I wondered how I was gonna tell my fellow comrades the tragedy I had witnessed unfold before me!!

And bam it landed straight on its rear-end cuz it wasn't dancing, it was froze in a time warp.. it held its position the entire time!! 😡

My dumb @ss didn't think to trim the wing and I'm sure it didn't help.. so yea I picked up my broken tail lights and took the walk of shame!!
I'll snap a pic so u guys can see how far it went.. almost cleared stop sign to my road!! 🛑

I'll take it as a bust even type of hand, no major damage so thats good!! 💯

View attachment 249859

View attachment 249860

View attachment 249861

View attachment 249862

View attachment 249863
Man, no vid!! Glad there wasn't a lot of damage!

Love the play by play description!

Its got more character now! Glad it survived its launch!
It was intense, I had a cnhl 6200 6s in it.. bro its a heavy rig, the way it rolled off a slo mo wheelie like a nhra top fuel car does WOT.. wild!! 😳
I figured it would stay planted better!! Hoping the wing was the culprit!!

That had to be a lot of fun. I wish I could voice my thoughts like that. Well said. :)

Funny, same exact number I ran when mine took a leap of faith off the end of a lot from a esc brownout.. They fly spectacularly don't they..😎..

in the end horizon stuck it to me, I was the only one with the issue, they refused to make it right...then the videos, (other than mine) started popping up like crazy... Even then they didn't do a dang thing for me... Oh well..

Nice description. :)

Personally, I don't think it was the wing that caused your blow over. The usual culprit is a rear suspension that is too soft and allows the car to squat too far. When speed running, what you ideally want to do, is almost lock out your rear suspension so that you only have 1-2mm of travel. You never want the rear of the car to go lower than the front (you want it to stay a little higher actually). Otherwise blow overs become "a thing". Some people limit their shock travel by putting fuel tubing on the shock shaft. I like to use little plastic c-clips that I can add and remove without having to disassemble the shocks every time. Here's what mine look like. This isn't to say that you shouldn't trim down that wing a bit because it's definitely a bit aggressive for speed passes and probably exacerbated the situation. But the primary component that probably needs to be addressed is your rear suspension. That's my take anyways.
IMG_0399.JPG

Personally, I don't think it was the wing that caused your blow over. The usual culprit is a rear suspension that is too soft and allows the car to squat too far. When speed running, what you ideally want to do, is almost lock out your rear suspension so that you only have 1-2mm of travel. You never want the rear of the car to go lower than the front (you want it to stay a little higher actually). Otherwise blow overs become "a thing". Some people limit their shock travel by putting fuel tubing on the shock shaft. I like to use little plastic c-clips that I can add and remove without having to disassemble the shocks every time. Here's what mine look like. This isn't to say that you shouldn't trim down that wing a bit because it's definitely a bit aggressive for speed passes and probably exacerbated the situation. But the primary component that probably needs to be addressed is your rear suspension. That's my take anyways.
View attachment 249941
Good point, I like the detail given!! Makes sense and if I think back.. I feel like it did squat as it started to wheelie.. maybe the minor "hump"+suspension+WOT+wing all played a part 🤔

Good point, I like the detail given!! Makes sense and if I think back.. I feel like it did squat as it started to wheelie.. maybe the minor "hump"+suspension+WOT+wing all played a part 🤔
More than likely. When you hit WOT she definitely squats a lot. I'd highly recommend watching both Raz's and James' speed setup videos as the principles will apply to the Felony as well. They're well worth your time if going fast is what you want to do. :)

View attachment 249941
Great idea. Definitely one of the “why didn’t I think of that” solutions. I’ve never liked the fuel tube approach, I’ve always favored single piece nylon bushings of the correct size, but I could initially use the c-clips to get it right and then measure the stack to be replaced by a bushing. Would save a lot of back and forth to get them perfect. Thanks for that.

Great idea. Definitely one of the “why didn’t I think of that” solutions. I’ve never liked the fuel tube approach, I’ve always favored single piece nylon bushings of the correct size, but I could initially use the c-clips to get it right and then measure the stack to be replaced by a bushing. Would save a lot of back and forth to get them perfect. Thanks for that.
The fuel tubing has one benefit. It's squishy and gives you a small amount of shock absorption which a plastic bushing would not. You can, of course, work around this by leaving a bit of a gap to the bottom of the shock and stiffening up the springs to create that little bit of suspension travel to soak up some of the bumpiness that you'll encounter pretty much everywhere except for the most perfectly smooth roads...which, if you manage to find one, consider it your lottery win for this lifetime :)

@Senton_Prime you mos def lucked out with an 80+ blow over. Not much damage at all. And now your Felony has some street cred that your opponents can see when you pass them! 😂

It's hard to recall cuz it happened so fast.. I said WOT but idk if it was.. I think at the point when it got close to me maybe I pulled a lot harder not meaning too, hell idk maybe I did pull it all the way!! 🤣
The last 25% is a surprising jump in power, which is why you want your trigger pull to get slower the further you get. So, if you gave it a blip of the beans, that could definitely have caused your rear end to squat and let air get under the car.

The fuel tubing has one benefit. It's squishy and gives you a small amount of shock absorption which a plastic bushing would not. You can, of course, work around this by leaving a bit of a gap to the bottom of the shock and stiffening up the springs to create that little bit of suspension travel to soak up some of the bumpiness that you'll encounter pretty much everywhere except for the most perfectly smooth roads...which, if you manage to find one, consider it your lottery win for this lifetime :)
No joke about the road. I’m still looking, man. I’m not too worried about shocking the suspension (see what I did there?) as I’ll be running those 70# springs I got from @RedondoBeachRC with them very compressed, just leaving a couple coils uncompressed to take a little smack out of it. Not as brutal as locking out the rear with turnbuckles at least. I use bushings to limit the travel of the shocks for both the compression and extension strokes so my droop screws aren’t loaded to the max and so the chassis can’t bottom out.

No joke about the road. I’m still looking, man. I’m not too worried about shocking the suspension (see what I did there?) as I’ll be running those 70# springs I got from @RedondoBeachRC with them very compressed, just leaving a couple coils uncompressed to take a little smack out of it. Not as brutal as locking out the rear with turnbuckles at least. I use bushings to limit the travel of the shocks for both the compression and extension strokes so my droop screws aren’t loaded to the max and so the chassis can’t bottom out.
You have a link for the springs!?

I actually don't run any droop at all in the rear. Only up front. I have three or four of the C-clips in my rear shocks and one less up front which gives them about 2mm of travel. This all makes certain that the car maintains its forward rake. I imagine those springs will work really well. If you put them up front you'll definitely want to go with aluminum lowers (which, IIRC, you had said you were planning on installing) otherwise your droop screws will become useless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back