Felony Felony catches some air!! ☁️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't run any droop at all in the rear. Only up front. I have three or four of the C-clips in my rear shocks and one less up front which gives them about 2mm of travel. This all makes certain that the car maintains its forward rake. I imagine those springs will work really well. If you put them up front you'll definitely want to go with aluminum lowers (which, IIRC, you had said you were planning on installing) otherwise your droop screws will become useless.
Yes, on the front I’m installing aluminum uppers and lowers to get a few more grams of weight over the front. Aluminum lower arms in the rear just to keep the suspension tight. I finished mocking the front suspension yesterday (have not yet installed shocks) and everything is very smooth with virtually zero slop anywhere. Definitely the most precise suspension action of anything I’ve ever built.
When the rest of the chassis is done I’ll get the wheels on, a couple batteries loaded, and finalize suspension settings. Will probably run zero camber at all four, 1.3° toe in at the rear, close to the same on the front. Thoughts? Bearing in mind it’s a SWB.

Yes, on the front I’m installing aluminum uppers and lowers to get a few more grams of weight over the front. Aluminum lower arms in the rear just to keep the suspension tight. I finished mocking the front suspension yesterday (have not yet installed shocks) and everything is very smooth with virtually zero slop anywhere. Definitely the most precise suspension action of anything I’ve ever built.
When the rest of the chassis is done I’ll get the wheels on, a couple batteries loaded, and finalize suspension settings. Will probably run zero camber at all four, 1.3° toe in at the rear, close to the same on the front. Thoughts? Bearing in mind it’s a SWB.
Sounds like a solid starting point to me. Can't wait to see it (y) :)

No joke about the road. I’m still looking, man. I’m not too worried about shocking the suspension (see what I did there?) as I’ll be running those 70# springs I got from @RedondoBeachRC with them very compressed, just leaving a couple coils uncompressed to take a little smack out of it. Not as brutal as locking out the rear with turnbuckles at least. I use bushings to limit the travel of the shocks for both the compression and extension strokes so my droop screws aren’t loaded to the max and so the chassis can’t bottom out.

I’ve been running mine the same. I’m liking the setup and it feels good on the road.

I’m at 121mph on 4S.. I’m trying to get it ready for 150mph on 6S.
6E883F3A-030B-49EF-B985-398BF08690E7.jpeg

A205FD92-1AC6-4132-A135-AB9FA31FA477.jpeg
0A0DE7ED-9B4E-4C4F-A16F-E8F257C0E705.png

Departure was around 7 p.m. Eastern Standard!! Got all jacked and mustard up the courage to send it.. welp thats exactly what happened!! 😭

Started off with a nice easy pull and about 3/4 throttle into it the magic show began.. idk if I went over a lil hump in the rd or took on too much throttle as it got close to me to get the full exp points, but sure enough she decided to take that leap.. and there she was, right in front of me, face up butt down 18-20ft high.. as I proceeded to spectate this beautiful tumble weed dance past me, looking for its purpose.. I wondered how I was gonna tell my fellow comrades the tragedy I had witnessed unfold before me!!

And bam it landed straight on its rear-end cuz it wasn't dancing, it was froze in a time warp.. it held its position the entire time!! 😡

My dumb @ss didn't think to trim the wing and I'm sure it didn't help.. so yea I picked up my broken tail lights and took the walk of shame!!
I'll snap a pic so u guys can see how far it went.. almost cleared stop sign to my road!! 🛑

I'll take it as a bust even type of hand, no major damage so thats good!! 💯

View attachment 249859

View attachment 249860

View attachment 249861

View attachment 249862

View attachment 249863
You got off rather easy with that one. Lucky.
Yeah, they will fly like frisbees in the air. They really lift high in the air like a plane taking off sometimes. It's like WTF.:giggle:
Been there. With total loss carnage 2 times.
Maintaining Rake matters. Once the air gets under the Splitter at the front. It's over. She is air borne.
Even a small pebble however will cause the chassis to lift for that one split second and she is airborne.
And tire blow outs have caused this for me.

Last edited:
You got off rather easy with that one. Lucky.
Yeah, they will fly like frisbees in the air. They really lift high in the air like a plane taking off sometimes. It's like WTF.:giggle:
Been there. With total loss carnage 2 times.
Maintaining Rake matters. Once the air gets under the Splitter at the front. It's over. She is air borne.
Even a small pebble however will cause the chassis to lift for that one split second and she is airborne.
And tire blow outs have caused this for me.
Your right, I did didn't I!! 🤣
And I agree, once it rolled into a 20ft. wheelie, I knew there was no coming back, it took flight like it was built for it!!

Ok, made some adjustments.. geee whiz I had the punch on 8!! What a dumb dumb, 2 now.. timing down one, to 18.75!! Adjusted preload on the suspension, more in the rear.. I'm wondering about some weights up front maybe, trimmed the wing and checked camber.. ok let's try again!! 😳

Oh got my tx set up for "hero" too, camera shy though!!

20221015_161932.jpg

Welp, that was a shortie run.. idk if I ran over something or what but yea, blow at at 87!! 😡
Prolly a lil over 3/4 throttle, so guess I'll keep pushing!! Anybody have a better tire option for the felony!?

20221015_185443.jpg

Screenshot_20221015-185412_RC Gears.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back