Felony Felony equal size tyres diff swap - *NO NEED TO BUY ANOTHER DIFF SET*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious how quickly do y'all go through tires? I get about 2.5 packs.
I'm around 6-7 full packs in... I must be doing something wrong ? I do short bursts for drifts occasionally and never do burn outs. Some of the tarmac I've ran it on is cool and dusty too. The running surface definitely makes a big difference

I'm around 6-7 full packs in... I must be doing something wrong ? I do short bursts for drifts occasionally and never do burn outs. Some of the tarmac I've ran it on is cool and dusty too. The running surface definitely makes a big difference
hmm I really feel like I'M doing something wrong. I am running 6s, and on a slightly dusty parking lot with a small amount of gravel on it, I guess I'm just too hard on the acceleration, and hell the 2.5 packs is on SILVERS :mad::mad::mad::mad:. It's been mid 70's(f) here so its not tire meltingly hot. Must be too much drifting, hard stops/starts and highspeed cornering?

hmm I really feel like I'M doing something wrong. I am running 6s, and on a slightly dusty parking lot with a small amount of gravel on it, I guess I'm just too hard on the acceleration, and hell the 2.5 packs is on SILVERS :mad::mad::mad::mad:. It's been mid 70's(f) here so its not tire meltingly hot. Must be too much drifting, hard stops/starts and highspeed cornering?
I hear the same from everyone else really. I would've thought silvers will last longer than that ? I guess I'm pretty conservative with mine. I rarely have the throttle pinned. My tyres are showing signs of wear at the edges now though

PXL_20201001_214651422.jpg
PXL_20201001_214714145.jpg

I hear the same from everyone else really. I would've thought silvers will last longer than that ? I guess I'm pretty conservative with mine. I rarely have the throttle pinned. My tyres are showing signs of wear at the edges now though
Wow 2.5 I get about 8 to 10 packs. Just put a fresh set on today. 8 to go...lol
Wow, ok, so as my Mrs. said... "you drive like a mad man" I guess she was right, I DO! Truth be told, she drives like a madwoman! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:LOLOL she's new to RC but when she got the wheel to the felony she was driving like a 'felon' hahaha??. I wonder if the surface is having a go at the tires more than I realize? :unsure:

Wow, ok, so as my Mrs. said... "you drive like a mad man" I guess she was right, I DO! Truth be told, she drives like a madwoman! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:LOLOL she's new to RC but when she got the wheel to the felony she was driving like a 'felon' hahaha??. I wonder if the surface is having a go at the tires more than I realize? :unsure:
Make sure your wheels are true nice n flat or you will smoke the edges of the tires off in 1 pack, its ok to drive em like a maniac but be prepaired to save some $$$ for tires the go bald real fast, there is a video from Rc Guy Garage on squaring up your tires, watch it, he makes some of the best vids around.

Credit to @Stygian:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...run-42-100-hoons-all-around.27999/post-406908

Those planning to run same sized tyres in the Felony (like I do) may have been led to believe that you will have to buy another diff set to match each ratio of the front and rear diffs (like I did)

However you can just swap the front GP5 diff with the rear GP6 diff whilst leaving the diff pinion gears where they were originally to get matching ratios. It's that simple!

Ring/pinion
GP5/GP5 (42Ă·15) = 2.8 ratio (stock front)
GP6/GP6 (45Ă·14) = 3.2 ratio (stock rear)
GP5/GP6 (42Ă·14) = 3 ratio (front diff in rear)
GP6/GP5 (45Ă·15) = 3 ratio (rear diff in front)

Posting this in case nobody has made a thread on this already, and to save anybody from buying and waiting for extra parts when they don't necessarily have to ?
Are you still running your felony like this? Or has anyone else that can comment on if it works smoothly in the long run?

Are you still running your felony like this? Or has anyone else that can comment on if it works smoothly in the long run?
I only test fit mine as I kept the 107 rear tyres. There's no reason to why it wouldn't work over time - the math of the ratio works, just as long as you're able to mesh the mixed diffs properly

If you can mix GP5 and GP6 gears why didn't Arrma use 15/42 front and 14/42 rear to closer match the roll out

If you can mix GP5 and GP6 gears why didn't Arrma use 15/42 front and 14/42 rear to closer match the roll out
No idea mate 🤷‍♂️ as I said before, they're the same pitch, they just need shimming differently

I have been lurking around here .... thinking of getting a Felony as my next RC and first road car.

either 15/42 front and 14/42 rear or 15/42 front and 15/45 rear would match rollout perfectly

as it sits stock the front is overdriven by about 6% - probably makes for better handling, but that has to be tough on the tires.

Guys what Diff oil to use before (stock) and after Diff change? (Infraction style)

I was thinking about changing mid Diff oil to 500k, what would happen if i put 500k in all Diffs?

Credit to @Stygian:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...run-42-100-hoons-all-around.27999/post-406908

Those planning to run same sized tyres in the Felony (like I do) may have been led to believe that you will have to buy another diff set to match each ratio of the front and rear diffs (like I did)

However you can just swap the front GP5 diff with the rear GP6 diff whilst leaving the diff pinion gears where they were originally to get matching ratios. It's that simple!

Ring/pinion
GP5/GP5 (42Ă·15) = 2.8 ratio (stock front)
GP6/GP6 (45Ă·14) = 3.2 ratio (stock rear)
GP5/GP6 (42Ă·14) = 3 ratio (front diff in rear)
GP6/GP5 (45Ă·15) = 3 ratio (rear diff in front)

Posting this in case nobody has made a thread on this already, and to save anybody from buying and waiting for extra parts when they don't necessarily have to ?
Not trying to be a buzz kill here but I hope you actually tried to mesh 45/15 cause then you would realize that those 2 will not fit in the diff case, they fit way to tight and you can not turn the diff without breaking your gears. So while trying to save money you will actually be making more damage to your diff witch will actually cost you more money.

Not trying to be a buzz kill here but I hope you actually tried to mesh 45/15 cause then you would realize that those 2 will not fit in the diff case, they fit way to tight and you can not turn the diff without breaking your gears. So while trying to save money you will actually be making more damage to your diff witch will actually cost you more money.
You can if they're shimmed as mentioned per the earlier post in this thread. I managed it perfectly fine myself, although it was only a test fit for both front and rear when I tried it. I don't run same sized tyres myself. The theory is correct - it's how it's implemented

You can if they're shimmed as mentioned per the earlier post in this thread. I managed it perfectly fine myself, although it was only a test fit for both front and rear when I tried it. I don't run same sized tyres myself. The theory is correct - it's how it's implemented
I would like to see a video of you actually being able to do 45/15 cause I've tried it and lots of other people have tried it and we all had the same results mesh was to tight even when shiming

I would like to see a video of you actually being able to do 45/15 cause I've tried it and lots of other people have tried it and we all had the same results mesh was to tight even when shiming
I've just remembered - I did actually test drive the diff swap when I made a quick rally conversion and ran some PL Trencher X SC's... I don't fancy the diff swap again any time soon as it also means changing to rear Kraton hubs which I'll have to pull off my Noto

If I do the change over again, I'll make a quick video đź‘Ś

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back