Felony Felony first run.. FAIL!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey out there. I just picked up a Felony. I just ran it for the first time. It is not acting normal. It seems glitchy as hell. I get the remote to bind but it is running super slow... then momentarily fast(ish) and then slow again. I am temporarily running it on 4s (2x2s 3000 mah 20c) which may be part of the problem. Any suggestions?

Off hand check the batteries.

Off hand check the batteries.
Well, they are brand new and they charge fine... Maybe they are too weak for the application and could be getting overheated? I know they are very weak and I am only using them until I can solder a new connector on a gensacearespammers 6s I have. Just waiting for my new soldering iron to arrive.

Last edited:
Hey out there. I just picked up a Felony. I just ran it for the first time. It is not acting normal. It seems glitchy as hell. I get the remote to bind but it is running super slow... then momentarily fast(ish) and then slow again. I am temporarily running it on 4s (2x2s 3000 mah 20c) which may be part of the problem. Any suggestions?

Just to verify...

Since this has AVC, you did the calibration correctly...

This is your problem right here. Assuming these are high dollar quad racing cells, you won't get more than 60 amps out of them, without a big voltage drop (and maybe damaging the batteries). That motor is trying to draw 100-150 amps, the battery voltage drops and the ESC goes into LVC mode.

Arrma recommends batteries that are 5000mah, 35C, but most of us that have used the 6s line will want 50C-90c (or higher) cells.

This is your problem right here. Assuming these are high dollar quad racing cells, you won't get more than 60 amps out of them, without a big voltage drop (and maybe damaging the batteries). That motor is trying to draw 100-150 amps, the battery voltage drops and the ESC goes into LVC mode.

Arrma recommends batteries that are 5000mah, 35C, but most of us that have used the 6s line will want 50C-90c (or higher) cells.
Yea, I have a nice 6s but I needed to solder a new lead on it. After soldering a EC5 (first solder job in 30 years) and then breaking the crappy plastic trying push the pins in, I decided to go XT90. I don't want to cut the lead on the ESC because I am going to upgrade to a Castle 8s soon and will sell the stock one so I am waiting for adapters.

Back