Felony Felony front wheel/tire (GRP options)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Vylan

If you're in control, you're not going fast enough
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Yep, 1/8 GRP tires will work! The S1 compound is the softest and stickiest but won't last long, and the S7 compound is the hardest and longest-lasting but with the least grip. I get mine from Power Hobbies on Ebay but I know hobbyheroes.com has a nice selection as well. I know you mentioned the other thread, but just remember these are 98mm tall so they do differ from the Hoons slightly.

Yep, 1/8 GRP tires will work! The S1 compound is the softest and stickiest but won't last long, and the S7 compound is the hardest and longest-lasting but with the least grip. I get mine from Power Hobbies on Ebay but I know hobbyheroes.com has a nice selection as well. I know you mentioned the other thread, but just remember these are 98mm tall so they do differ from the Hoons slightly.
Great, thanks for the info. Regarding the size, sounds like they will work and I do not need to worry about the height difference, correct?
Hoons = 107mm
GRP = 98mm

Dboots Hoons 42/100 2.9 Belted Rc Tires
Inner Wheel bead diameter: 3.27" (83mm)
Outer Wheel bead diameter: 2.95" (75mm)
Width: 2.09" (53mm)
Wheel hex size: 17mm
Overall diameter: 4.21" (107mm)

GTX01-S4
https://www.grpgandini.it/tyres/1-8-gt/t01-revo/gtx01-s4.html
TYRE outside diameter 98mm
WHEEL inside diameter 75mm
TYRE total width 41mm

Last edited:
Yea don't believe they will work due to the size differences, only real downside to the felony
Ah, so they will not work. hmmm
I'm only referring to the fronts.
@The Donut Man, mentioned they will work. Maybe referring to the Infraction?
Confirming the above mention is for the Felony model, correct?

I'm not 100% as I don't own one but if you cant run different sizes on the rear without changing the diff i don't see why you could change the front with the diffs being different and staggered tire set up

I'm not 100% as I don't own one but if you cant run different sizes on the rear without changing the diff i don't see why you could change the front with the diffs being different and staggered tire set up
Yes, understood.
This was only about options for the front (pre-mount) tires. Sorry if there was any confusion about that.

Ah, so they will not work. hmmm
I'm only referring to the fronts.
@The Donut Man, mentioned they will work. Maybe referring to the Infraction?

Confirming the above mention is for the Felony model, correct?
Because GRPs are a little shorter, the rear wheels will want to push the front more than the front wheels will pull the back. I said they should work because I assumed you'd be sliding around with the Felony which makes it matter less. Does that answer your question?

In my opinion if you want to use 4x GRP's on the Felony, you would need to swap the rear diff to be the same as the front (or visa versa) and then run hub extenders to push out the rear wheels to fill the arches..?
This is the main reason I got put off the Felony, it's the odd wheel sizes and different diffs front to rear..?
Oh, and mainly the fact that Arrma doesn't seem to be able to keep Hoons in stock for more than five minutes where I live..!!

In my opinion if you want to use 4x GRP's on the Felony, you would need to swap the rear diff to be the same as the front (or visa versa) and then run hub extenders to push out the rear wheels to fill the arches..?
This is the main reason I got put off the Felony, it's the odd wheel sizes and different diffs front to rear..?
Oh, and mainly the fact that Arrma doesn't seem to be able to keep Hoons in stock for more than five minutes where I live..!!
Yes, I considered this but really wanted the style. I'll deal with the rear tires when the times comes. As much as it might be a good idea to run the GRPs all the way around, I was really looking at just running front only as an option to the Hoons.

The rear tires need to be 7mm taller than the front tires if you leave the diff alone....If you change the rear diff and input gear to the same as the front you can run the same height tire on the rear and front.

The rear tires need to be 7mm taller than the front tires if you leave the diff alone....If you change the rear diff and input gear to the same as the front you can run the same height tire on the rear and front.
Got it, and my assumption is that there are no options for replacements, correct?

There are. Pro-line has a set of tires that are tall enough.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/felony-rear-tire-options-final-answer.27701/page-2#post-384357
@jbhawx, Please point out the specific wheel/tire
I'm assuming you are referring to these.
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires...et-belted-1-8-buggy-tires-mounted-mach-10.asp

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back