Felony Felony gears now backorder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykimbull

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So tried to do the "gear swap" in my Felony, so I can run front tires all way around and RUN it again. Sadly found out that due to the rear tire situation an everyone doing the gear switch No availability of gears, in less your local hobby shop still has some. So as I posted earlier I bit the bullet and bought another Felony! Plan is to swap gears around in both so both cars have same front and rear ratios! As gears where now on back order till November. Had to be a design to drive up profit margin. Limitless and the infraction didn't have this gear to tire size engineering? I DNT think not having rear tires available for the New hottest tire burner was by accident. Sold alot of gear sets and maybe like with me get us all to buy a second Felony after we are HOOKED on a few speed pass's with the first one we unboxed??

The infraction v2 ended up with the newer gp5 gear sets as well.. so it is not just the felony with gears in short supply...

makes me chuckle to see everyone pay out big bucks for diffs to run squared tires all around... when ( I actually shouldn't be saying this, sorry typhon and infraction v1 guys) gears are in front of thier noses the whole time with abundant stock, and normal prices..

The infraction v2 ended up with the newer gp5 gear sets as well.. so it is not just the felony with gears in short supply...

makes me chuckle to see everyone pay out big bucks for diffs to run squared tires all around... when ( I actually shouldn't be saying this, sorry typhon and infraction v1 guys) gears are in front of thier noses the whole time with abundant stock, and normal prices..
Lol.

To run same sized tyres, all you had to do was swap the GP5 and GP6 diffs around and leave the diff pinions as they were ? at least now you have two cars ?‍♂️?
Omg...how stupid is that? I swapped diff gears front and rear for Typhon/Infraction V1/Limitless gears...hahahaha 3.30 ratio. I wonder how good the gear lash would be doing the swap as you say by just swapping the diffs themselves and leaving diff pinions alone? I mean I wonder how much you would need to shim them? But damn...both gear combinations equal 3.00 front and rear after the swap.. lmao!??

Omg...how stupid is that? I swapped diff gears front and rear for Typhon/Infraction V1/Limitless gears...hahahaha 3.30 ratio. I wonder how good the gear lash would be doing the swap as you say by just swapping the diffs themselves and leaving diff pinions alone? I mean I wonder how much you would need to shim them? But damn...both gear combinations equal 3.00 front and rear after the swap.. lmao!??
The front GP5 diff in the rear with the GP6 pinion may need shims (1 or 2+) on the ring gear side bearing to compensate for the smaller pinion and smaller ring gear

The rear GP6 diff in the front with the GP6 pinion may need either 0 or even 1 shim on the diff cup side bearing to compensate for the larger pinion and larger ring gear

The thread is here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...f-swap-no-need-to-buy-another-diff-set.29462/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back