Felony/Infraction Softer Spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christikfa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I have just fitted a set of the front Felony shocks on my arrma vednetta. Very tight fit however they do fit, I am now having issues with the car rolling over when coming into a corner. I do feel the springs are too stiff for this car and causing the issue as this did not happen with my previous shocks. I have done so many google searches and have come up empty, Would anyone happen to know a softer spring that would fit on the Felony shock?

Hey All, I have just fitted a set of the front Felony shocks on my arrma vednetta. Very tight fit however they do fit, I am now having issues with the car rolling over when coming into a corner. I do feel the springs are too stiff for this car and causing the issue as this did not happen with my previous shocks. I have done so many google searches and have come up empty, Would anyone happen to know a softer spring that would fit on the Felony shock?
Softer springs will give more grip
Whats comes on the felony stock are 27lbs springs. The softer you can get. The other options are 32 lbs and 37lbs. Are the felony shocks longer? Maybe ur center 9f gravity is now higher

Last edited:
Softer springs will give more grip
Whats comes on the felony stock are 27lbs springs. The softer you can get. The other options are 32 lbs and 37lbs. Are the felony shocks longer? Maybe ur center 9f gravity is now higher
Good point, the car is definitely a lot of higher than it was. The shock adjustment has the car at its lowest setting however still is very high.

Good point, the car is definitely a lot of higher than it was. The shock adjustment has the car at its lowest setting however still is very high.
You can try to add something between the shock shaft and piston inside the shock to lower ur ride height. The 3s trucks do not have ride heigh adjustment screws

Do you know what set you used from the felony, either way vendetta shocks are 70mm.. felony fronts are 9mm longer and the rears are 15mm longer!? Hopefully you got the fronts and just need to install limiters now and adjust them properly!!

If the car is "rolling" over it sounds as if your springs are too soft allowing it to roll into the corners. From your description it sounds like the ride height is too high as well, causing more body roll. If I am understanding correctly you would need shorter stiffer springs. I am an offroad guy but the same principles should apply. Do you have pics of your setup and know the old and new spring rates?

If the car is "rolling" over it sounds as if your springs are too soft allowing it to roll into the corners. From your description it sounds like the ride height is too high as well, causing more body roll. If I am understanding correctly you would need shorter stiffer springs. I am an offroad guy but the same principles should apply. Do you have pics of your setup and know the old and new spring rates?
I gave up with the infraction shocks as i couldn't get the centre of gravity lower and it was flipping over nearly every corner once the tyres warmed up. So i went back to the Yeah racing 70mm big bore shock which is what I had in it initially however the springs where way to soft and I couldn't find any at the time to fit, I have since tried a set of traxxas gtr springs which are working a treat other than the outer diameter being alittle big and if i hit a wall the spring rolls over the pre-load collar. I'm still having the traction roll issues except its reduced a lot. Im wondering if i need to put a stiffer or softer spring in to combat the traction roll, im on soft-medium GRP's on a high bite asphalt track, It only happens on the high speed corners just as i get close to full lock. Also, it's getting annoying when the spring falls out so I'm looking at getting a Traxxas GTR Shock which is around 85-87mm hole to hole and the current setup 77mm, If I ran the same spring on a larger shock will this lift the car higher as the last thing I want is to raise the centre of gravity to then make my issues worse.

Photos

AFB23DA2-108D-4F33-84DD-1ACE9AD006FA.jpeg

9D4682A6-74D3-4470-B325-0E8DDCEEABDC.jpeg

Yeah, I hadn't ever thought to go back actually, I've just put the traxxas springs in the standard shock which seems to fit and won't fall out. See how it goes. As the GTR shaft is alot longer than the vendetta shaft could i not just put limiters in until I reach an ideal height, As its only around an 8-9mm difference in shock length and the shaft is alot longer, Not sure exactly how much stroke I would have left though as you said, I think it should still be enough, hard to tell without proper measurements.

336218299_774040900789885_7196773808831992208_n.jpg

Seems like a big downgrade from the stock shocks.. fab work is badass when the right application is applied, imo this ain't it.. seems like your trying to make it work but I don't think the proper parts are being used!?

Those springs are a no go; they are simply too large of an diameter to work with those shocks. The springs look too stiff for how light the car is. If you are running stiff springs; you should be filling those shocks with at least 1000-2000cst fluid (2000 diff oil; same thing) There is just not enough dampening to control those springs.

You could try those cheap eBay aluminum ones.. I bet they would work fairly decent with a little adjustment and trial/error.. and your handy fab work maybe in tuning the pistons 😎

Those springs are a no go; they are simply too large of an diameter to work with those shocks. The springs look too stiff for how light the car is. If you are running stiff springs; you should be filling those shocks with at least 1000-2000cst fluid (2000 diff oil; same thing) There is just not enough dampening to control those springs.
Which shock are you referring to, the yeah racing one or the stock one?. The stock shock which is the most recent photo has standard oil which I’m pretty sure is 2000cst. Well the 10nm standard spring was way to soft for track use the car was rubbing the body on all fast corners slowing me down a lot. These are only 15nm so not a massive amount stiffer but definitely doesn’t understeer anymore or rub the body.

I would also go back to stock and modify one step at a time. Its kinda hard to judge what is causing what when you throw so many variables at it at once ie: shock length, oil wt, piston size, spring rate ect. 10nm to 15nm is literally a 50% increase so not a minor change. Was the chassis rubbing or just the body? You might just need to raise the body or trim it a bit. Other brand shocks can work great but the dimensions need to be the same and similar spring and oil wts.

Yeah so I have just put the standard shocks back in and put the 15nm spring in, the issue mainly started after I put the GRP Tyres on and cause the size difference even on the highest body pin the was rubbing on the top of the wheel well, and the body roll was I think causing it to flip. With running the stiffer spring I have still been getting the traction roll, if I go softer it will give me more traction roll. I’m hoping a stiffer spring will reduce traction and hopefully not roll at much. I could be looking at it wrong.

What are you using the car for? Racing, drifting, parking lot shenanigans? I have been looking at this more race oriented. If you are not worried about lap times there are ways we could tackle your traction roll issue but wouldn't necessarily get you around a track fast.

Yeah only using using it for racing, no comp just racing around with my friends who all own the same car. I’m not to concerned about losing some time mainly want the flipping to stop to get some laps in. The one thing that’s helped the most is going a stiffer spring as in all the corners I pull away cause everyone else has the body rub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back