Felony - Infraction........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chill80

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ok so much like many it seems I struggled to choose between the Felony and the Infraction, I chose a Felony. Now has anyone tried a Felony to Infraction or other way straight body swap? Ie no need to change body post mounts, no removing all the Felony kit, even the Felony wheels fitting snug on the Infraction body? With that said has anyone designed a wider set of arches for the infraction?

Dunno if it's any use to ye Chill80 and this isn't from experience but ah've seen it a few times here. If ye snip the diff drive pinions out and swap them front to rear an vice versa ye can run the same size wheels all round.
Someone whos actually done it should be along pretty soon!

I would think that it would work.

Last edited:
Fair point. Though I think the Infraction running Felony wheel set up will look pretty sweet?!

Dunno if it's any use to ye Chill80 and this isn't from experience but ah've seen it a few times here. If ye snip the diff drive pinions out and swap them front to rear an vice versa ye can run the same size wheels all round.
Someone whos actually done it should be along pretty soon!
GP5 ring gears front and GP6 ring gears appear to swap and the ratios become equal fr and rear, I believe 2.8:1 on paper doing the math., But the gears teeth of GP5 and GP6 have different gear pitches. So in reality a GP5 ring gear wont mesh properly with a GP6 input gear. And vice versa.
That's the way it has been discussed many times at least. Just put a GP5 ring gear and GP5 input gear in the rear and you have same ratio's. Then you can use 42/100 Hoons all around on a Felony. I never seen anyone do it it any other way...
Correct me if I am wrong. I could be.🤷‍♂️
:cool:

All valid points. But not what I mean. What I was thinking was to modify an Infraction body to fit a Felony chassis set up. Well that's what I've created now. A simple body swap. Ready for paint.

Project Fugitive ..... Infraction straight body swap on Felony set up.

IMG_20210213_220921.jpg

IMG_20210213_220927.jpg

IMG_20210213_220944.jpg

IMG_20210213_220953.jpg

Looks good Chill80 but having just sorted the rear tyre clearance on mine is the bodywork no likely to make the tyres even more short lived than usual? Or is there no much in the way of travel in yer suspension?

Rub is a possibility and semi expected but nothing some tweaking won't fix. "Rubbins Racin" and for the look and the flexibility it's achieved being able to use both bodies then I'm over the moon with the results.

Has anyone tried an r34 body on a felony yet? From infraction pics it looks like the rear could use the larger felony rears for aesthetics. Too new to the hobby to be a trailblazer, gonna wait till I see it first 🤣

Has anyone tried an r34 body on a felony yet? From infraction pics it looks like the rear could use the larger felony rears for aesthetics. Too new to the hobby to be a trailblazer, gonna wait till I see it first 🤣
The 1/7 R34 body was not designed for the felony :
1657893142043.png

Picture wise the rear arches indeed look slightly wider. There are no weird forms that would stop you from cutting more room for the wheel either.
1657893364010.png

Technically with a pair of scissors you can always make it fit. Question is only if it remains pleasing for the eye.

The 1/7 R34 body was not designed for the felony :
View attachment 229756

Picture wise the rear arches indeed look slightly wider. There are no weird forms that would stop you from cutting more room for the wheel either.
View attachment 229757

Technically with a pair of scissors you can always make it fit. Question is only if it remains pleasing for the eye.
Ya, exactly. Sure looks like it would work with a little modification, I’m just a weenie ain’t brave enough to be the first to try it. Only body swap I’ve done was to put a Vorteks body on a voltage. Just drilled a couple new holes. Wanna see a finished project before I try to tackle it on my own as a first real swap 🤣

So I don’t have an r34 body on hand, but I’ve measured my felony and using the specs listed for the body, if someone were brave enough to cut just the fenders flares from the stock felony body and attach them to the r34 body the stock hoons should tuck within a millimeter. Be real close. Does that level of custom even happen? Can you modify bodies like that and keep em durable?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back