Felony Felony is here and I'm grinning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks SrC - I think smaller value items might get through all without a charge.

Just a quick one - are there slipper clutch's in 6s Off-road Arrma's or something proprietary like Traxxas's cush drive? Can see anything on the exploded pdf's.
Never was any slippers in the 6s line.
If there were..... I would not be here with (7) 6s rigs, 8 years later. 3 diffs are best IMHO.
I despise slippered rigs. Probably the main reason I don't have any of the 4x4 line.
Of 17 RC rigs over the years, my 5 Associated 1/10 rigs have slippers and all 3 of my Crawlers. I hate tuning them. They are just a liability vs protecting the drivetrain. If a drivetrain is made of cheap low quality plastics, then a diff can help. Becomes a necessity for 4x4 bashers.
Crawlers are a different animal. And I can even see locking up the slipper plates in them as many Crawler guys do this.
Arrma should make a slipper lockout option. Especially for their newer On-Road Vendetta's , etc.
My old 1/10 TA TC3 has no slipper. Direct drive to the F and R axels. Sucker screams. But it does have ball diffs which slip to some extent.
What ever happened to Ball diffs? They are so easily to dial in. Just need one Hex driver. Done fast.
I wish they made 1/8 scale ball diffs for the Arrma line. . No messy silicone oil or Sat. and Sun diff gears to deal with.
Sorry for the rant.:cool:

I’m loving those fenders. I need some for my felony now

This is EXACTLY what I needed. It's grown on me so much I'm not even thinking about converting to a Limitless in handling and more planning on stocking up on tyre sets and painting up some bodies!
Sweet deal you got.👍
Have a look at the Bittydesign bodies; the Seven65, Jota and Destroyer 😍.
Enjoy the Felony👌

Thanks for the update. I take it
Never was any slippers in the 6s line.
If there were..... I would not be here with (7) 6s rigs, 8 years later. 3 diffs are best IMHO.
I despise slippered rigs. Probably the main reason I don't have any of the 4x4 line.
Of 17 RC rigs over the years, my 5 Associated 1/10 rigs have slippers and all 3 of my Crawlers. I hate tuning them. They are just a liability vs protecting the drivetrain. If a drivetrain is made of cheap low quality plastics, then a diff can help. Becomes a necessity for 4x4 bashers.
Crawlers are a different animal. And I can even see locking up the slipper plates in them as many Crawler guys do this.
Arrma should make a slipper lockout option. Especially for their newer On-Road Vendetta's , etc.
My old 1/10 TA TC3 has no slipper. Direct drive to the F and R axels. Sucker screams. But it does have ball diffs which slip to some extent.
What ever happened to Ball diffs? They are so easily to dial in. Just need one Hex driver. Done fast.
I wish they made 1/8 scale ball diffs for the Arrma line. . No messy silicone oil or Sat. and Sun diff gears to deal with.
Sorry for the rant.:cool:

Good to see the opinion on Slipper clutches - I think it's because I was used to seeing them in past electrics from a Savage Flux 12 years ago, then to a Yeti XL, then to Traxxas's cush drive stuff. So great stuff to have a centre diff rather than a slipper.

I've been mulling over the manual pdf and I came across that the ESC should not arm if the throttle trim isn't set to neutral.

But the Felony most definitely armed and shot off with out any trigger input. I can't figure out exactly why it did that 🤔. I know in the spilt second second of seeing it/hearing it go I slammed full lock on the brake/reverse, but it still went. 100% user error in not checking trims and not raising the car, but still can't figure it out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I take it

Good to see the opinion on Slipper clutches - I think it's because I was used to seeing them in past electrics from a Savage Flux 12 years ago, then to a Yeti XL, then to Traxxas's cush drive stuff. So great stuff to have a centre diff rather than a slipper.

I've been mulling over the manual pdf and I came across that the ESC should not arm if the throttle trim isn't set to neutral.

But the Felony most definitely armed and shot off with out any trigger input. I can't figure out exactly why it did that 🤔. I know in the spilt second second of seeing it/hearing it go I slammed full lock on the brake/reverse, but it still went. 100% user error in not checking trims and not raising the car, but still can't figure it out.
Did you fool with it any when u got it or no not at all!?
Whats the th trim set on.. it prolly got bumped way past its neutral point, you have the stock dx3 i assume!?

I didn't check or alter anything prior to starting, it's only after that I checked and realised I forgot to set everything. Brain fart this time. Yes it's the stock Dx3.

I would 100% not even think about it, if it wasn't for reading that the ESC shouldn't arm fully if throttle trim isn't set at neutral so it's like - how could it go? If the trim was set, it wouldn't go, and if the trim was off neutral and forward, it's not meant go either.

Prob reading too much into it. My 7 year old is out with me RCing most times so less about the car and more about kid safety. In 30 years never had a Tx/Rx prob like that, even with heli's and drones I used to fly.

I always have my cars on the back of the car when I plug it in and turn it on wheels of the ground. I once lost control of a fg marder 1/6 scale petrol rc lucky it hit a tree and ended upside down dred to think what would have happened if I would have hit someone or someone's car

Did you have the tx off and then turned it on after the rig was powered on!?

Screenshot_20220905-091814_Drive.jpg

Def nope, that Dx3 needs a long press too.

This didn't happen:
Screenshot_20220905-211032_Samsung Notes.jpg

I remember it not accelerating but going full throttle instantly. Think Ive just gotta be double checking everything now, which I should have been pretty much be doing anyway.

A Marder run away - I'd dump my pants, prob the biggest concern I had with the FiveT was it doing that, even with a killswitch.

So got a few issues. Still haven't ran the Felony but had time to check it over today.

The scorched rc ackerman has a good 3 to 4 mm movement vertically which seems wrong, very loose. Seems to be a lot of play in the wheels - wobbling the camber all over the place - like seriously worn axle hubs but that doesn't match the wear and tear levels on the rest of the track.

On closer look the pinion looks chewed up a bit so mesh looks out of whack. Not sure if the Felony has a regular or safe-D pinion? Might be as I can see the clip.

Screenshot_20220910-013747_Gallery.jpg

Waiting on diff oils/kit for the XMaxx and the Felony, can wait to get started on the teardown.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back