Felony Felony questions for a newb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoJT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm eyeing the Felony for my next RC. I have a Talion EXB, Traxxas Maxx and Erevo. I feel like I have bashers covered, looking at something different. I've never owned or driven an on road RC. The Felony IMO is the coolest looking RC so naturally I'm really drawn to it.

I'm looking for help to start understanding on road RC's (what should I look for and expect in comparison to bashers) and looking for peoples opinion. Ive heard you go through tires like crazy.

On a scale of 1-10 fun factor of the Felony - 10 being the highest, rate it!

Basically help a newb out to get started. :)

This community rocks. Thank you in advance!

Hi All,

I'm eyeing the Felony for my next RC. I have a Talion EXB, Traxxas Maxx and Erevo. I feel like I have bashers covered, looking at something different. I've never owned or driven an on road RC. The Felony IMO is the coolest looking RC so naturally I'm really drawn to it.

I'm looking for help to start understanding on road RC's (what should I look for and expect in comparison to bashers) and looking for peoples opinion. Ive heard you go through tires like crazy.

Hello.

I agree the Felony has a cool look to some..it was for me before I sold it. I sold it because the rear tires and diffs made the back-end come around and was too had to control. Lots of post on that issue or concern here.

Just my opinion but I would look at the Infraction for best well-balanced drift, basher, etc. If you just going to be a Sunday basher and not get down on it full throttle and running it as you stole it...Felony is cool. If you are what I just typed then you want the Infraction...

Best of luck!

Mixed opinions on the Felony due to diffs and tire sizes being different in the back. You will be locked into Hoons and they are expensive.
Hoons = 5-7 packs and they are done.
That is $70 gone. $10 per run.
Fun rating 8 out of 10 but I don't own one.
Infraction, fun =12 😜
Tire options include GRP, they last 10 packs, $50 for 4. Do the math.

You will need a tire budget, you could use Felony body or convert but rear end will look weird due to tires.

What is the major differences between the Infraction and Felony? I'd be bashing in parking lots. No crazy speed runs or anything like that.

What is the major differences between the Infraction and Felony? I'd be bashing in parking lots. No crazy speed runs or anything like that.

They are really the same but the bodies will not exchange. As JKFlow said it's the tires and diff that throws this off for me and he did add the tire cost. I adore my Infraction and I had both still have the Infraction.

I will say if you never had an Infraction to compare it to you may be happy with it as many others are. So please do not let me salt this for you. I had the Infraction first and it's a dream rig to drive. When I got the Felony it was so different.

Watch some videos do some long research you may find this is the rig for you and be happy with it as many others. It is a nice rig just the rear end is not easily controllable for me and others.

It's a real head turner 😎 I agree with you when you say it looks cool. I love mine at every angle 👌

These all (/on) road cars just don't break unless you crash or curb them, whereas off road trucks can more frequently when hitting ruts and jumps. However, depending on how hard you are on the throttle and the surface you run on, the cost of spare tyres can be as much as replacing broken parts. Some say 2-3 packs, others say around 10 before you have to change the tyres - I actually managed around 30!

Besides the Scorched RC wheel fenders, they don't exactly need any immediate upgrades. They generally need much less maintenance too

I'd give it 8/10 at least 👍

Hi All,

I have to agree with @parcou and @jkflow,
The Felony sure looks nice to many. much detail and all.
Probably the only reason most are drawn to it. I personally don't like the body. But I don't count. :giggle: Just me.
It doesn't take crashes well because it is not really a one piece body. Side panels easily fall off etc. (The rocker panels) Taped on.
And it is probably Arrma's most expensive body of all to replace.
But I mostly would pass on it for the reasons stated above. The Rear larger tires suck. Ieven tried 4 of them on other rigs. Very hard tires. I don't see any alternatives. Stuck using them because of the unique rear Drive ratio needed for the larger Tire roll out.
Just me.:cool:
Want a Close wheel rig, get an Infraction. Open... a Lim.

Mixed opinions on the Felony due to diffs and tire sizes being different in the back. You will be locked into Hoons and they are expensive.
I wouldn't say these reasons are enough to deter from getting a Felony though - there are easy mods to run same sized tyres

Kraton hubs/axles/hexes for rear offset:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...n-so-i-can-run-42-100-hoons-all-around.27999/

Front/rear diff swap for same diameter tyres:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...f-swap-no-need-to-buy-another-diff-set.29462/

More work and more cost though of course. I prefer the muscle body over the hoonigan style but as it's all preference, these could be worth doing if you favoured the Felony

Aside from the larger wheels of the Fel and its respective lower ratio rear diff, the V2 Infraction now has a Hand brake and runs same ratio Front and rear. Tires as well. Easier to source tires. And I promise you will eat tires alot if you just want to bash this thing.:)
I have a V1 Infr. and I cant even imagine running a Hand brake. I think it is lame. A bad design IMHO. Just a novelty Marketting thing. That requires $attention$. Bloated crap. Am even considering a V2 Infr. Will absolutely remove all that HB fluff out the box. I don't want it on my rig at all. It doesn't belong there.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say these reasons are enough to deter from getting a Felony though - there are easy mods to run same sized tyres

Kraton hubs/axles/hexes for rear offset:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...n-so-i-can-run-42-100-hoons-all-around.27999/

Front/rear diff swap for same diameter tyres:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...f-swap-no-need-to-buy-another-diff-set.29462/

More work and more cost though of course. I prefer the muscle body over the hoonigan style but as it's all preference, these could be worth doing if you favoured the Felony
Might be more worth it to get an Infraction, then get a Felony body and sell the Infraction body. The Infraction has a hand brake too.

Might be more worth it to get an Infraction, then get a Felony body and sell the Infraction body. The Infraction has a hand brake too.
You could, but to switch bodies, you'll need more parts - front splitter, foams, rearranging the bodymounts... not to mention the body itself, which when bought new is ~£95 for the painted Infraction and a ridiculous ~£160 for the painted Felony (skirts and other bits included)

It'll be far more cost effective and practical to do the hub/diff conversion

How does the Infraction look with a Felony body?
Like crap. The rear Infr wheels wiil be tucked too far inside the body and the opening of the body for the wheel is larger. I've seen some pictures of this. NG IMHO.
The Fel. body is much wider at the rear. I think it would work against you to widen the rear Infr. track just to accomodate the Fel body looks.
Buying a complete Felony body and extra parts needed to fit an infraction will truly $cost$ some coin. Look up the prices for all the parts. You will see what I mean. Well over $150.+ .

I see you are really stuck on the Fel body. Go with your gut feeling now that you know what is involved with both Inf. and Fel. It's your wallet and no one can tell you what is best for you. :)

The looks are not as tragic for me. Its the colors they offer that i don't like most. and the fact that the body is multipiece and breaks easily on impacts. Lets face it, we all hit things. Period. It's those larger rear wheels and acompanying rear diff that turns me off the most. The deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
I guess my Felony came with a special tire compound, I'm still on my original set. I don't drift with it, or sit there for 30 seconds "warming up" the tires before I let it rip. 10/10 fun factor and I've found it quite durable. Can it get out of control? Yes, this is my one and only time where I tried to play catch up and lost it, totally driver error though.
Currently as it sits with C8 body which looks not good on an Infraction, original body getting some Polo Creations headlights but still holding up just fine. Probably hard to see but these tires are fine, probably 20 packs through it on and off since I got the car. My friend with the Infraction however has gone through 3 sets (of rears) in 1/3rd of the time, drifting, handbrake and all that.
IMG_3899.JPG

I guess my Felony came with a special tire compound, I'm still on my original set. I don't drift with it, or sit there for 30 seconds "warming up" the tires before I let it rip. 10/10 fun factor and I've found it quite durable. Can it get out of control? Yes, this is my one and only time where I tried to play catch up and lost it, totally driver error though.
Currently as it sits with C8 body which looks not good on an Infraction, original body getting some Polo Creations headlights but still holding up just fine. Probably hard to see but these tires are fine, probably 20 packs through it on and off since I got the car. My friend with the Infraction however has gone through 3 sets (of rears) in 1/3rd of the time, drifting, handbrake and all that.View attachment 178343
That looks sooooo good.

@44Dan44
Good job Sir. I wish I could do better on tires like you and @Yas

@ChicagoJT I wish I had a GoPro I actually drive my Infraction v1 (first) like this in an empty Target parking or the mall and I get cars stopped and parked each time. Nice smooth clean asphalt is my only spot. I sometimes add cones out so I have a course to drift around as I bash the hell out of it. This is why I burn tires 2-3 tires per outing and they are done. I do not run my Infraction all the time so I might get 2 runs in a month or 1 so tires do not matter to me.

CJT on the Felony go for it many people like it I did not favor it because I drive it as Rich does in this video and Felony did not react the same when I pushed it because I do NOT let off the throttle I am full-on from start to end. With 2x 3S 8000mah packs I might get 10min full runs (no burnouts, no stop donuts, just nice clean bashing like the vid) but if I am not acting so much like I stole it I can push it to 15min if there are people watching so they can see it perform more. Most people never see an RC run like that while drifting and that fast.

You like the Felony, get it... (y)

Just to quantify my '10 pack' etc analogy.
I do almost exclusively oval type stuff, racing against friends. 100 yard stretch and probably 10yard across. Lots of drifting involved.
YMMV, but on our course it's a good estimate.
No, I never warm up the tires standing still and going full blast. I do that when i retire a set of tires.
30s driving is typically all it takes for the GRP to be sticky enough to avoid spin outs but perfect for racing and drifting.
They all come with Hoons, judge yourself.
On the handbrake, I ripped mine out, just useless and dangerous. Seen 2 people activate it with throttle open, center diff destroyed in about a millisecond.
Make sure it's on a button that you can't accidentally activate.

Plenty of threads on Infraction with Felony body out here, check Youtube as well. I don't like that look tbh but I love the original Felony look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back