Felony Felony rear tire options (FINAL ANSWER)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they’d fit??‍♂️ Definitely too narrow and not rated for over 100mph from what I hear. They look like a better option for the Infraction. I just left my LHS and they think we’re going to be stuck with the 107mm Hoons for the rear of the Felony. In other words, they don’t think another manufacture is going to make a tire just for the Felony. ??

Last edited:
Diameter wise I say it's close enough, but width wise it's going to sit tucked in inside the rear fender a ways, the rear set is closer to the felony rear width of you can find them. Also I believe the XO-1 tires are S1 super soft compound too so I'd expect you'd go through them really fast.
I'll send a pic with them on the vehicle. the width is very close (2mm) and yes the offset is slightly different. I've had several sessions and although they are soft they are holding up well. I was also concerned but desperate and I never had to lose session times.

Traxxas Rear Tire & Wheel Set (2) (Black Chrome) (S1)
108mm x 51mm

DBOOTS HOONS 53/107 2.9 (WHITE) BELTED 5-SPOKE
Overall diameter: 4.21" (107mm)
Width: 2.09" (53mm)

Theoretically, if I don’t change out the gears and just simply use the same size tires front and rear, what would happen? Go!

Theoretically, if I don’t change out the gears and just simply use the same size tires front and rear, what would happen? Go!
When running the car where there is good traction for both front and rear wheels, the centre diff will be actuating and heating up more than it should

The handling will also be affected - you'll have an overdrive affect at the front. The front wheels will spin faster than the rears. Some trucks and scale trucks have this for trailing and rock crawling and it can be beneficial. However, for a high speed car, you'll be risking the centre diff to fail prematurely

When running the car where there is good traction for both front and rear wheels, the centre diff will be actuating and heating up more than it should

The handling will also be affected - you'll have an overdrive affect at the front. The front wheels will spin faster than the rears
Exactly, hence the lengthy discussions that make our brains explode. I’ll post what I’m doing and the results. I’m simply using two different tires for the rear. The alternative fits and runs perfectly. Need to post later.

Last edited:
No, all GRPs are 98mm diameter unless you move up to the 1/5 GRP which is likely too wide and certainly not a direct bolt on with its unique square shaped wheel hex.

Your best bet would be to use a Kraton rear carrier plus another front diff and run 4 of the same size tire.

Anyone know if rear carriers from a Notorious would work, are they the same as Kraton carriers?

It depends on the exact sizing. Please post specs.
I have a couple R/C stores looking for me so I will post what they come up with but from what I have seen on Aliexpress you get 4 tires and rims for around 20$ who knows what the quality is?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back