Typhon Felony rear tires on typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have v3 typhon 6s i want to put felony rear tires on, is there other parts needed? Typhon has hex extenders on. Would Running wider tires in the rear mess up anything or is it a straight fit? If anyone has pick can you post pic thk you

I put them on all 4 corners because rear wheels are taller you would have to change the rear diff

The rear diff on the felony is different 13/46 and the front 15/46 that’s why the rear tires are taller to compensate for the dimensions of the tire so in theory the front and rear spins at the same rate if you run just the rear felony tires you would have to get the rear diff that’s why I just put them on all 4 corners

A0C65BC8-2A23-4C86-B434-209D1D59D6A1.jpeg

1EDFEFDA-C2C8-4953-96F8-26B572E800DD.jpeg

CA0BA5FC-23E0-4276-AEE8-CAF1406230DF.jpeg

FA710D3F-A004-4FCC-BBAC-2FB89AC7C72E.jpeg

11FCF8D7-5098-4232-AA2C-849452BC0E78.jpeg

3E3D645F-A6C6-4F61-844A-9811F02AB6C7.jpeg

Front is a 15/42 rear 14/45

Last edited:
The rear diff on the felony is different 13/46 and the front 15/46 that’s why the rear tires are taller to compensate for the dimensions of the tire so in theory the front and rear spins at the same rate if you run just the rear felony tires you would have to get the rear diff that’s why I just put them on all 4 corners

View attachment 127611

View attachment 127612

View attachment 127613

View attachment 127614

View attachment 127615

View attachment 127616
Your left rear and right front tires need to be switched, the Hoons are directional :)
Running DBoots Hoons 42/100 front and rear on my Typhon S6 V5

Attachments

• DSCF9710.JPG
    DSCF9710.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 153

View attachment 127611

View attachment 127612

View attachment 127613

View attachment 127614

View attachment 127615

View attachment 127616
Those tires are directional you have them on the wrong sides if it matters to you .

View attachment 127611

View attachment 127612

View attachment 127613

View attachment 127614

View attachment 127615

View attachment 127616
Oh i thought my regular hoons in front would work but the height of the felony tires are taller ok. So in theory i have to run all a full set of felony tires ? To avoid differential swap ? Nice fkn rig bro looks dope
Your left rear and right front tires need to be switched, the Hoons are directional :)
Running DBoots Hoons 42/100 front and rear on my Typhon S6 V5
Dope ass rig you have

View attachment 127611

View attachment 127612

View attachment 127613

View attachment 127614

View attachment 127615

View attachment 127616
So all 4 felony tires are rear on your rig Or felony rear and front set

Last edited:
The only non felony ah've seen running the staggered set up is Mr. Dukes murdered out typhon. To awesome effect mind! To keep yer stock diffs all four wheels need to be matched. Used the Felony rears on ma mojave cause using the fronts made it look too much like a skateboard!
Love the paint on yer typhon @Willl!

_20210128_173057.JPG

The only non felony ah've seen running the staggered set up is Mr. Dukes murdered out typhon. To awesome effect mind! To keep yer stock diffs all four wheels need to be matched. Used the Felony rears on ma mojave cause using the fronts made it look too much like a skateboard!
Love the paint on yer typhon @Willl!

View attachment 127722
Damn that's sick...yeah im not trying to change diffs. So (2) sets of felony rear tires ill have this look or do i need wider suspension arms in rear

I tried the Typhon 6s on hoons (from Infraction) today. Not happy. As soon as I use the steering it starts behaving like a two wheel rear drive going into donuts. Pretty unpredictable. Does not go into drifting like the infraction. Think a thicker middle differential oil would be necessary. There is so much traction that even this might not work. I think the longer heavier Infraction body just keeps the front down so it actually drives as it should. That is probably the real problem with the Typhon on hoons. Was worth a try but going back to the stock tires on pavement.

I tried the Typhon 6s on hoons (from Infraction) today. Not happy. As soon as I use the steering it starts behaving like a two wheel rear drive going into donuts. Pretty unpredictable. Does not go into drifting like the infraction. Think a thicker middle differential oil would be necessary. There is so much traction that even this might not work. I think the longer heavier Infraction body just keeps the front down so it actually drives as it should. That is probably the real problem with the Typhon on hoons. Was worth a try but going back to the stock tires on pavement.
There are 3 different compounds for the hoons, gold, white and silver
1613940118251.png

When I run my Typhon S6 V5 on the street I only use 4S batteries, mostly because the streets in my neighborhood are not that wide with 6" vertical concrete curbs. I also run my Typhon in a school parking lot, 90' x 150', still too small for a 6S battery but with 4S batteries I can still do cookies and make circle laps as fast as my hoons can handle. If I was ever to run in a large parking lot like a mall, 6S would be a lot of fun.

I use my 6S batteries for open fields

diff on my typhon 6s was 80/500/60k i run regular white hoons on 6s lipo on street handled good. But now im running 60/500/30 now on dirt. When theses felony i will change fluid back

I was driving the 6s on Hoons with the stock diff oils. Basically I was trying if I could drift in similar way like the Infraction. 4s on stock oil may work. Will have to see.
Normally I drive 6s (Kraton, Typhon, Mojave) on 4s. Rear diff just lasts longer. Less expensive damage. And it's kind of impossible to actually use the 6s power except on large areas.

Typhon with Hoons only for Speed running.
Otherwise you are wasting your time and a set of Hoons.

I have v3 typhon 6s i want to put felony rear tires on, is there other parts needed? Typhon has hex extenders on. Would Running wider tires in the rear mess up anything or is it a straight fit? If anyone has pick can you post pic thk you
I love these wheels. Now I will add that driving these in the cold isn't recommended. I cracked a bunch of hubs from just normal driving in an open lot this winter. They don't need any modifications either, mine just happens to already have the Kranton hubs. They fit no problem on my buddies bone stock V5 Typhon.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...square-setup-pics-included.33379/#post-459621

Two different sets of diffs for bashing and speeding - interesting idea.
So you have 80/500/60k for speed.
And 60/500/30 on dirt.

Standard is F:7k, C:10k, R:7kcSt
The 10k in the middle explains the "two wheel drive behaviour" with hoons on 6s with so much power on the rear.

So when I ran the 6s Kraton with 300K in the middle it would backflip right away on pavement and land on the body.
Does the Typhon 6s go straight into a wheely with 500k in the middle or just spin out?

Just wondering what middle differential oil would be a good mix for bashing and an occasional run on hoons...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back