Felony rear tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can, using 4 of them (no diff change needed). The minor problem is with trimming clearance at the front and rear. Will lose much steering endpoint at the front. I thought about doing that. I have a set of the 53/107 Hoons here. Just needs much trimming. I think for Speed running my Lim, the smaller Hoons are better. If considering it perhaps widening the track 3-5mm would help. (Longer Hex adapters) Mostly for the rear. Because those wider/taller Hoons rub the rear diffuser and the Body.

^^^^
GRP's are popular. They make Slicks as well as Treaded. Many say go with the S5 compounds and softer. The S7's (hardest compound) have been failing prematurely as many have stated.
Softer compounds grip better but wear out super fast. Best for colder weather.
Harder compounds are designed for high ambient temps. Lasting longer in those high temps.
Sweep Racing also makes wheels.
I mentioned this before.....Foam wheels are only good if you are consistently running 120+ MPH and trying to get higher speeds. But foams don't last long and also chunk apart in rough pavement.. Only good for straight line speed running. No drifting with them. (n) Drag racers will use an extra Hard compound for No prep and surface prep Drag racing. And on a groomed smooth surface.
I like the Hoons best. I don't drift so they last me quite a while. One drift session will wear them out right away. I rarely drift my Lim. But if I drift with my Infr. I use an old worn out set of Hoons. I also prefer disc wheels over spokers for aero reasons. At least for my Lim. I can never find the Silver compound Hoons (hardest) in a disk wheel version. Even hard to find Silver's in a spoker wheel. On B/O all the time.
It all depends how you want to run your Lim. Experiment with different wheels to find what you like best and for the price. Wheels can really $add$ up if you are abusing them. Always balance you wheels after at least one break-in session. Do not Vent them or any Belted tire for that matter. This will ruin the belt. And there no advantage to venting a belted tire in general. They don't balloon in the first place. Proper wheel alignment prevents premature wear.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back