Felony Felony Steering Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small RC Addiction

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Hello,

Today the steering on my Felony intermittently locks in place while driving. I have rebound/reset Trans/ESC several times. It happens while in motion and sitting idle. If I steer left/right several times while idle/no motion forward it eventually locks in place and will release (usually) once I give acceleration. Same while driving it intermittently locks in degrees of turning/straight and does not respond until I throttle/release several times.

My Felony is a little over 3 weeks since unboxed still completely stock (no changes) and I have taken great care while running it. Please advise me on how to fix.

Thanks in advance,
Jim.

(Update)
While typing this Arrma/Horizon rep answered phone while I was on hold. Feels it is possibly servo, sending out a new one. I must say I really appreciate that level of customer service. Immediate and Hassle free.

But I am still interested in if others have/had this issue and if it was servo / receiver / trans related.

Does it steer without binding when you remove the servo? On my Kraton and Infraction I had to shave down the bulk head or the steering assembly would hit and cause it to catch.

Definitely looks like a servo issue! If you've got another servo you can try test fitting it. I would turn the AVC right down on the TX too in case it's interfering but I doubt it

Servo's fail a lot. Even when new. Consider, the mfg'rs are producing tens of thousands of servos for all the different models and as well the aftermarket. It's nothing to fret about. Just replace it.

Steering servo is first thing I replace in all my arrmas. The thought of all that kit rolling down the road controlled by a $10 junk servo is laughable, I never liked the arrma ADS servos, they go out a lot.

do try another servo first before ripping it all out though

Thank you all very much for your replies. I guess it's the fact that "tinkering" is part of this Hobby. Like a boat, every minute you spend enjoying it you have to spend the same amount maintaining and fixing it. I am new to the Hobby started in March due to pandemic. Started with the Big Guys in Texas and had failure rates on two brand new cars so I switched over to Arrma. But sounds like no matter the brand it just is what it is. Both companies seem to be responsive and replace very well. But it just shouldn't be necessary so much. IMO..

Update: I just received the replacement servo from Horizon Hobby. This is my 1st experience with customer support from Horizon but it appears they overnighted it so I felt it was warranted to make a public note on how good my experience with this has been so far.

9/30 (2 days later) everyone was correct. It was the servo. So now I know that a bad servo still occasionally works instead of being completely dead.

Thanks again to everyone.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back