Felony Felony Turns After About 10-15 feet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickHeemiith

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had my felony for about 2 weeks. I’ve dialed in the suspension and alignment. Car goes straight with no problem, from no throttle to full throttle. I switched from the factory transmitter to the Spektrum DX5C and it immediately started turning right as soon as I have it throttle. I adjusted the settings and now it goes straight for about 20 feet then starts turning. Weird issue. I figured it was the controller so I switched to the old one and had the same exact issue. I’m going to double check the alignment and everything but I’m thinking it may be the servo. What do you all think?

I would like to say it's the servo. If it's the stock Spektrum servo odds are highly likely that is the culprit.

You have to follow the complete bind instructions with AVC set to 100%, everything else to neutral.
Followed by ESC calibration aka throttle range adjust.

Follow the AVC / bind procedure, one wrong light, and you did it wrong. Almost certain you only performed a simple bind.

You have to follow the complete bind instructions with AVC set to 100%, everything else to neutral.

Follow the AVC / bind procedure, one wrong light, and you did it wrong. Almost certain you only performed a simple bind.
^ this

If you want to do it right. Set up a new model on your Transmitter and follow the instructuons exactly. So after flashing throttle, brake, right, left...etc.
There are a few good youtbe videos...

I believe the Felony and Infraction V2 both still use the Arrma ADS-15M for a steering servo and the Infraction V2 uses a Spektrum servo for the handbrake.

OP, Did you recalibrate the AVC after enabling it on the DX5? (not “Inh” on the transmitter)?
I did not but I’m going to re read the instructions on it. I honestly didn’t think I had to because as soon as I connected the controller, everything worked as it should. But I’ll read through it and redo it

You’re 100% correct! I was at using the old controller for Drag event this weekend and it went 100% straight 😂 all I had to do was hit the throttle. Now it’s driving in circles😂😂 I’ll redo the avc and come back with results

Problem solved! But because if where I was testing I have a new problem😂😂😂 new one on the way though

image.jpg

A1212AB8-4289-4097-A360-5B43583B4F1F.png

+1,
If in fact you are running an AVC/Gyro Rx, there are special ways to install/ mount and set up the Rx. Also don't use much AVC Gain. No more than 20% is needed. Less is better. Or it works against you. Servo oscillation issues will result. Read up on the Servo installation manual. There are videos in regards.
First try Rebinding the AVC RX with AVC disabled completely to see if AVC is the issue. The procedure must be followed precisely. You simply can't turn Off AVC by just bringing AVC Gain to Zero %.
Also, the Stock servo is NOT a Digital servo. And I don't know why Arrma insists on pairing it with an AVC Rx. There is a Spektrum warning about only using a DIgital servo with their AVC.
HH/ Spektrum/Arrma screwed up in this regard.
Your servo may also be at fault.
I run a DS3235 35 kg servo now, AMZ $34, (digital) with my V1 Infraction. Runs fine. AVC is flawless. The Stocker Analogue ADS-15 burned out. Couldn't handle the heat generated by AVC. AVC taxes servos hard. Anolgue servos simply heat up fast. 99% of servos out there, are digital. I don't know why Arrma has to still include a $5.00 analogue servo. Tech that is obsolete.
Good luck.
Let us know how it works out.
:cool:

Last edited:
Most of mine are 180 degree sweep angle. Any will do. Performing the same for RC surface use. For robotics, 270 degree servos has it's benefis.
Have (2) 270's. No issue with either choice. It's the Radio that dials in the Steering Endpoints to limit the servo's angle/sweep distance.
Most will end up with 60 degree or less. And not all servos like this one actually give the full Range as advertised. A 180 is really 100 when you test it out on the bench. A 270 only gives you barely 190. Not to confuse.
I have 8 DS3235's in all, all my models FWIW. Far from the best out there, just they are easily replaced Cheaply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back