Felony Felony Vs Infraction Vs Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroberson77

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I am looking at getting one of these for bashing, not speed runs. I have no problem building a car so the limitless appeals to me, and I have a 6S system from my UDR I can drop in. However, I heard rumors the Felony will be on sale soon so it might be worth it to have an RTR. I know I would have to change from the spool to the center diff if I got a limitless

Agreed I too own all 3 Infraction is my favorite. Own 3 Infractions 2 Felonies ans 1 limitless I mention this not to brag but the numbers don't lie. Infraction looks and handles/drives the best ( I dislike spools)

The challenge with bashing the Limitless is the spool, but you already know that.

The challenge with the Felony is the different sized tires front/rear, which also means different diffs. Not a huge problem but it makes buying tires more complicated and expensive.

I vote Infraction unless you find a killer deal on one of the others.

Agreed I too own all 3 Infraction is my favorite. Own 3 Infractions 2 Felonies ans 1 limitless I mention this not to brag but the numbers don't lie. Infraction looks and handles/drives the best ( I dislike spools)
Spools only best/needed for 120+ mph speeds IMHO. Spools allow for better gearing/spool spur size options
I run a Diff in my Lim most of the time for sub 100mph passes. No issues. But with 500k at the center.
Same setup with my Infr. I find the Infr has more down force, but will get out of shape much more easily than my Lim.
I modded the Infr roll bars with flat aluminum on top of them and it hooks up much better now. More Aero, less turbulance behind the Infr Cab area results.
The Fel. most choose because of its looks. Probably best for bashing.
I never pulled the plug on the Fel.. I hate the Fat and taller rear tires, and the odd diff gears that are required for these rear rear tires. Fel is an odd ball, outliar IMHO. Many convert them to Infr. specs. Upgrade Bodies are harder to source. Upgrade tires also. Because the rear track width is significantly wider. Many complain about how its hard to even drift with the Fel. let alone speed run with it. The rear end is just always too loose no matter what you do. Because of the inherent Fel's design.
Just me.
:cool:

20221123_124205.jpg

Last edited:
Spools only best/needed for 120+ mph speeds IMHO. Spools allow for better gearing/spool spur size options
I run a Diff in my Lim most of the time for sub 100mph passes. No issues. But with 500k at the center.
Same setup with my Infr. I find the Infr has more down force, but will get out of shape much more easily than my Lim.
I modded the Infr roll bars with flat alloy on top of them and it hooks up much better now. More Aero, less turbulance behind the Infr Cab area results.
The Fel. most choose because of its looks. Probably best for bashing.
I never pulled the plug on the Fel.. I hate the Fat and taller rear tires, and the odd diff gears that are required for these rear rear tires. Fel is an odd ball, outliar IMHO. Many convert them to Infr. specs. Upgrade Bodies are harder to source. Because the rear track width is significantly wider. Many complain about how its hard to even drift with the Fel. let alone speed run with it. The rear end is just always too loose no matter what you do. Because of the inherent Fel's design.
Just me.
:cool:

Good points, my 1/10 drift car is a MST 2wd with no gyro, I wonder how much harder the felony is to drive? I honestly like the limitless body the best, I don't really need another street car style body.

I have a set of (4) Fel 53/107 Hoons whites here. I run them on my TLRT Buggy. They "Look Sweet", just the traction is not not all that. The tires just suck IMHO.
On the Fel, I could see how this is part of the problem.
The smaller 42/100 Hoons are way better IMHO. Should be on all 4's.
I feel a Long wheel base like with the Lim/Fel/Infr. should be 406mm WB, with a 310mm Track width (both F+R) to run best. For best directional stability. 42/100 or similar GRP's all around.

Last edited:
Many complain about how it’s hard to even drift with the Fel. let alone speed run with it. The rear end is just always too loose no matter what you do. Because of the inherent Fel's design.
How do you think widening the Infraction’s rear stance would impact handling? I’m considering an aftermarket body that is made for the Felony.

From the manufacturer about fitment:

1669225965079.png

^^^^
Per my above post, I explained it. Widening the rear end's track width. NG.
But one has to consider that Arrma revamped the V2 Lim and widened the Rear Track by 6 mm overall. Not nearly as wide as the Felony however.
So who am I to say?:unsure:
I would run the exact same parts that the V2 Lim uses now. If I wanted to widen the rear. And give that a try.

I have a set of (4) Fel 53/107 Hoons whites here. I run them on my TLRT Buggy. They "Look Sweet", just the traction is not not all that. The tires just suck IMHO.
I completely agree. I have the same set of tires for my 6s Typhon and even during the heat of summer on hot asphalt, the Typhon might as well have just been driving on a frozen lake.

^^^
I know I am not alone on this. Agree. Hot asphalt @ 120 + degrees this summer and it did not matter, the 53/107 Hoons tires sucked. The tires even hit like 130F after running them flat out, max 58mph continuous full throttle, on my 1/4 mile velodrome for 8 minutes. Horrible traction. I even got sucked up into the Bank turns and ate the boards once. Major carnage. Never happend with the smaller 42/100 Hoons. Now it is 38F here and I won't even bother running them. My temp gun, I never leave home without it.:giggle:
I feel they were a waste of coin. But I am a tire monger, always trying different tire combos. I have bins and dozens upon dozens of sets of tires here. I know it's a problem too. :rolleyes: Can't help myself.:LOL:
From experience, never ever buy tires on "Looks" alone. Unless it is for a Shelf Queen.
Seems these 53/107 Hoons are not for this scale and weight RC. :unsure: IDK. I can't make them work for me.
Not sure if it's the Foam, Rubber , width or offset of these wheels that just suck. Maybe a combination of all this?

Last edited:
I need to take some pictures, but I ended up buying a limitless V1! Put in my 2200KV motor and ESC from the UDR and did some test running yesterday. It is actually super fun speedrunning so I may explore more of that before I just bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back