Few LiPo Questions (Spektrum G2 Batteries)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamator

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Since I just got into this hobby a few months ago, I invested in the Spektrum G2 Batteries. I like them a lot so far and haven't had any issues.

These questions may be more general LiPo related, but just wanted to mention the kind I have.

How long do LiPos typically last these days? (Until they are kind of worn out and no longer perform good.)

These Spektrum batteries show information such as charge cycles and I was wondering what constitutes a "cycle?" I ask because my 3S LiPo, which I have only had maybe 2 months, shows about a 100 cycles and that just seems kind of high. I know for a fact I have not charged the thing 100 times. I haven't even charged it 50 times.

With regards to storage, since I am new to this and working from home, I run my Granite almost daily at lunch. Sometimes I take it to a nearby area, and sometimes I just take it out front. After using my LiPo, I have been charging it back to full and letting the auto discharge feature do it's thing for the times I don't use the battery. (I currently have auto discharge set to 48 hours.) Is how I am charging these a good practice or should I change it?

Thanks!

So I’m not the expert on the G2 stuff….I thinks it’s kind of neat the info and stuff. A little bit expensive for me. If you are using it every day or every other day I think you are fine with the setup for 48hrs. Not sure the cycles but you should get a 2-3 years out of the lipo if treated correctly. Also wait until the pack cools off to recharge or storage charge.

So I’m not the expert on the G2 stuff….I thinks it’s kind of neat the info and stuff. A little bit expensive for me. If you are using it every day or every other day I think you are fine with the setup for 48hrs. Not sure the cycles but you should get a 2-3 years out of the lipo if treated correctly. Also wait until the pack cools off to recharge or storage charge.
Thank you for the info.

I definitely do wait to charge them back up and I have yet to storage charge one myself, usually waiting for the auto storage discharge...which like I said doesn't even begin until 48 hours of non-use.

I had did some googling and read that a LiPo only lasts maybe 250 cycles. But the articles I read were years old. Hoping the tech has gotten better since then. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back