Few pictures of the ebay wheels and tires.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TooTall thanks. Do they balloon at 50 MPH? How many hours have you used them for? Is the tread wearing quickly or lasting long? Do you do strictly speed runs or general street bashing (drifting, wheelies, driveway bumps, etc..)?
Mine (op) have held up great. Tread wear is fair. No ballooning, 60+ mph.

Purchased these today :cool:

going to pick up the tires on the SWORKz Zeus Pro/Louise Apollo today I think also.
1_275d5705e7e8cc02f0ce92b261fcdbf2.jpg

The package arrived today :) Not sure what they are going to be installed on yet but they are kewl :cool:

Metal insert in the hubs.
3476B164-0C12-4791-ABB5-10BD0B359F9C.jpeg
37F82DFB-6CBC-41C3-A4DE-3C35FD1C8860.jpeg
EFD66437-6EFF-42C6-B27B-62FCD185064D.jpeg
881609C8-204C-4847-B803-6422EC96BDAC.jpeg
40E1A881-CCA6-4CC7-B9BD-C2F80AB2CE44.jpeg
B7FCC9BD-EA8E-4F27-BB6C-F34DC5223D75.jpeg
1873B56C-F78A-40FB-9060-979C092914D0.jpeg
4C2C9504-5D13-4550-9D81-C9DEB172C6A9.jpeg
547B6D10-A82E-4177-99E4-3FDD2730EE00.jpeg

I got the same tires from AliExpress and tried them out on my Kraton today. With the flat design I expected good grip on the road but to my surprise they have even less grip than the Minokawa's. This makes the truck feel squiggly on hard acceleration, and when braking I often ended up further than where I wanted to stop...

Still, once you get used to it the lower grip makes them great for drifting, powerslides and donuts - and that's a lot of fun! :D

I noticed that the Kraton has quite a lot of camber by default, and because of this only the inner half of the tire actually touched the ground! So I made adjustments (2mm extra for the turnbuckles in the rear & removed all spacers in the front) to get the tires flat on the ground, hoping this would make a big difference.

It doesn't. I even think it's more of a crazy donut machine now than before, and not in a good way. I'm guessing when the car gets out of balance the outer sides of the tires get a higher bite than before, which make the car spin like crazy. With the original camber, there was a bit more predictable sideways sliding.

Acceleration wasn't any better either and I wonder if the ballooning of the tires has a lot to do with it :unsure: These tires don't turn into pizza cutters, but they don't remain completely flat either. Has anyone put fishing line around them? Does it make a big difference in acceleration or handling?

You might need to keep the a bit of negative camber for turning, so they aren't completely flat, with the weight on the inside. Then when you turn, the rest of the tire will lean/grab for you.

@The_Otherside have you run the tires yet; how are they on tarmac? Kind of meaning do you have any video?
[/QUOTE]
They're great! Almost NO ballooning. Still glued. Grip pretty well. Plus the wheel design is what sold me. I absolutely love the look.
I apologize for bumping this thread, but I used to follow this guy's work on rc-monster.com a few years back. Really inspiring IMO.. He had posted a few vids on YouTube of his TP 4070-1200/1500kv?? powered Losi 8ight-T. He's actually running the same wheels and tires.

Just to be clear, the tires used in the speedrun video are Louise T-Apollo tires, right? Not the (flat) Phaltline tires which @The_Otherside started this thread with, correct?

Honestly, since I'm a little disappointed by the Phaltline tires performance wise (looks and fun factor are definitely great), I might give these Louise tires a chance. They're quite affordable too!

Just to be clear, the tires used in the speedrun video are Louise T-Apollo tires, right? Not the (flat) Phaltline tires which @The_Otherside started this thread with, correct?

Honestly, since I'm a little disappointed by the Phaltline tires performance wise (looks and fun factor are definitely great), I might give these Louise tires a chance. They're quite affordable too!
I'm pretty sure the tires, and the wheels in the video are the T-Apollo's because they look to be exactly the same, and not the Phaltlines. If you go and watch the Youtube vid I posted, It gives you a link to follow that takes you back to the build thread for the truggy being run in the video. I just went back and re-read the whole thread. I'm pretty sure the tires being run in the video are the same, but keep in mind the vid I posted is from October 2014, and I don't know if these tires were marketed under the Louise name back then.. I think you should be good. I actually wouldn't mind having a set as well. They give just the right amount of grip in the video to me.

Acceleration wasn't any better either and I wonder if the ballooning of the tires has a lot to do with it :unsure: These tires don't turn into pizza cutters, but they don't remain completely flat either. Has anyone put fishing line around them? Does it make a big difference in acceleration or handling?
Got some thin braided Dyneema fishing line to put around these tires. The center could take two turns on top of each other and the outside groove could take three next to each other. The wire nicely soaked up drops of CA so it makes a very strong belt. I'm very happy with the result:

They held up very well while testing on the bench. The surface doesn't stay 100% flat but it's very close, just four small bulges.

In the street I didn't notice much improvement for sideways grip; still lots of drifting and donut action. For straight line acceleration I do think there's some improvement and it's easier to keep the car stable at high speed.

Still not the greatest street tires but hey, they're cheap, look amazing and you can do cool drifting and donuts!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back