Kraton Few upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinso

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 6s
Few GPM alloy upgrades fitted today,
Front and rear chassis braces
Front and rear alloy turnbuckles

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_205950.jpg
    IMG_20170923_205950.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 198
Those turnbuckles are massive irrc rc bashing the kraton is running those.

First outing on them today and my review is TERRIBLE first small jumps and they pulled out of the threads, got it fixed up and same again on second jump. Originals going back in tonight

So the issue seems to be with the quality of the rod ends. Idk of anyone that would make some that size.

I'm half and half on their stuff, I purchased their axle carriers and turnbuckles for my Merv and the axle carriers were hands down better than the stock ones and the Rpms, the turnbuckles were big piles of crap. This is what was left after one pack.
dWJRGqKl.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Those ends are crap. I wonder if the Stock rod ends would work.

I doubt it, stock turnbuckles are 6mm front 6.5mm rear and the GPM turnbuckles are 8mm front and 11mm rear.

First outing on them today and my review is TERRIBLE first small jumps and they pulled out of the threads, got it fixed up and same again on second jump. Originals going back in tonight
I was thinking about buying the whole upgrade set from them, the braces, the a arms, everything...

I was looking for some sort of review on em...they were that bad huh?

Never put aluminum a arms on a basher, you will either bend the a arms or break your bulkheads. The plastic a arms are designed to bend and flex to prevent things from breaking. If you want upgraded a arms I recommend the Rpms.

The chassis braces, steering rack, steering knuckles, rear axle carriers, pillow balls, and maybe the diff case should be okay.

Did anyone else look at he stock photos of the rear chassis brace on the GPM website? It appears that they are working on center driveshafts.

As slick says definitely no alloy arms. If the parts aren't broke keep them stock until you break them, thenaybe try their parts

Weird thing is RCBashing The Kraton beats the crap out of his Outcast and his turnbuckles look to be holding up, even in the video where he tore off the entire rear a arm the turnbuckles still held.

Last edited:
Weird thing is RCBashing The Kraton beats the crap out of his Outcast and his turnbuckles look to be holding up, even in the video where he tore off the entire rear a arm the turnbuckles still held.
was gng to put the aluminum once but now a lot are saying they tend to loosen up base on bashing type...

Same here...as of right now the only thing I picked up was the hot racing alum servo mount and axle carriers and the t bone front bumper just for a little more front end protection

Yeah I think I'm going with the Voltage Hobbies one along with their shock towers, my rear is getting pretty bent.

I'm pretty new in the rc game...and I've only heard of a few aftermarket companies from just reading or from everyone oon here...

I only know of hot racing, rpm, voltage hobbies, gpm...are there a few big ones that I may be missing?

Other than what you mentioned, the others that make parts for Arrma vehicles are GKA Custom Rc parts and Tbone Racing that I can remember.

But for other vehicles there are a lot of places. Some of these places are geared more towards specific vehicles - Fast Lane Machine, Leading Edge Machining, Lunsford Racing, Unlimited Engineering, and RC4WD. I'm sure I am missing quite a few.

These you have to be care full what you buy - Yeah Racing, Atomic Rc, RC Raven, Integy, Boom Racing and anything aluminum off ebay shipped from China. I still have a theory that most of these parts are all made by the same OEM and then sold by these different companies. So many of their products look identical to each other. The E/T-Maxx guys love the Integy and Rc Raven springs.

For tires a few that I can think of off the top of my head are Pro-line Racing, J Concepts, Aka Racing, Sweeps Racing, Schumacher Rc, and Duratrax.

Bodies Pro-line Racing, Protoform(which is part of Pro-line Racing) J Concepts, Parma, and most every OEM.

That is just the tip of the ice burg and what I could remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I'm going with the Voltage Hobbies one along with their shock towers, my rear is getting pretty bent.

I have Voltage Hobbies and hot racing mods.
They are awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_3108.JPG
    IMG_3108.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3127.JPG
    IMG_3127.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3128.JPG
    IMG_3128.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3129.JPG
    IMG_3129.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3141.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3166.JPG
    IMG_3166.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 121
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back