Filling extra lexan holes, how to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Ok, so I want to move the body posts on a build but already mounted the body. So I’d like to “repair“ the extra holes without it looking like a steaming pile of dookie. Any thoughts? The body is still unpainted and has the film on it.
Been trying to think of a way, but I might just have to live with the two extra holes.

For years I've racked my brain trying to think of a way to fill in a Lexan holes and have it look perfect. Never works. I've used rubber grommets, hot glue, CA glue with a piece of Lexan underneath, squat. Those lids became my test or break in lids with 4 extra holes. The best thing I've done to make it look semi okay was to use hot glue just to fill in the hole and put RC stickers over the mess.

For years I've racked my brain trying to think of a way to fill in a Lexan holes and have it look perfect. Never works. I've used rubber grommets, hot glue, CA glue with a piece of Lexan underneath, squat. Those lids became my test or break in lids with 4 extra holes. The best thing I've done to make it look semi okay was to use hot glue just to fill in the hole and put RC stickers over the mess.
Dude, I’m loving the grommet idea. Never occurred to me to just plug it. I’ll do that, thank you!

Paint the entire body first including lexan that will be scrap (wheel wells?). Then when the paint is dry, back up the unwanted holes with strong tape (on the inside of the body of course). Take your scrap lexan that is now painted the same color, with an xacto knife, cut out the pieces to match and fill the holes and drop them in place.
That would be my overly complicated way of doing it.

Paint the entire body first including lexan that will be scrap (wheel wells?). Then when the paint is dry, back up the unwanted holes with strong tape (on the inside of the body of course). Take your scrap lexan that is now painted the same color, with an xacto knife, cut out the pieces to match and fill the holes and drop them in place.
I think your method makes perfect sense, but me cutting a perfectly round 10mm pair of plugs would definitely be slim to none. All I would do is bleed myself during the effort and finish poorly.

I've done that too. Trust me, you'd love to be around me (or maybe not) when I'm focused on my Lexan! My son calls his friends to come over just to listen to the filth that falls from my face when I'm doing anything that has to do with Lexan. They record me and use those terms in future conversations, little jerks. :ROFLMAO:

put a sticker over it

5D1155CB-58D8-46F7-91AC-32F21D52C3AB.gif

Can you glue a piece of lexan underneath, fill the top side with body filler, sand and paint?? No experience with lexan and body filler. I grew up around a body shop so this was first thing that came to mind for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you glue a piece of lexan underneath, fill the top side with body filler, sand and paint?? No experience with lexan and body filler. I grew up around a body shop so this was first thing that came to mind for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Done it. Looks like hammered diarrhea too. :ROFLMAO: Maybe I suck at it, probably! don't plan on getting good at it either! :ROFLMAO:Stickers were the best bet till that one lid skid RIGHT over the top of a hole.. Of course, right!

Are those unneeded holes near places that could be considered good placement for skids?
I could print some skids of specific size that you can mount with some spare M4 screws..
That'll cover the holes up and doubles as body protectors at the same time.

Take some pics and let me know how large you need & what color, to properly cover them up.

Could also make some small Faux intake vents (like on Lambos hoods) that could be glued to the body - you'll need to do some trimming of course.
I'd just need some dimensions to make it the right size to cover the hole ,with minimum trimming..

Last edited:
Ok, so I want to move the body posts on a build but already mounted the body. So I’d like to “repair“ the extra holes without it looking like a steaming pile of dookie. Any thoughts? The body is still unpainted and has the film on it.
Been trying to think of a way, but I might just have to live with the two extra holes.
Buy a clear plastic cookie or muffin container cut a small square peice and cover the hole from the inside ..fill the hole with a little bit of resin . lightly sand the resin flush ..get some carbon fiber wrap film and customize your hood with it ..boom 💥💥💥 problem done and you get to have a sweet treat at the end as a pat on your back for work well done 👍😁

I use 2 pieces of 3m lexan laminating sheets adhesive to each other there used for photos and art work in super thin frames. Adhesive to adhesive they stay well and then I just touch up the paint on the inside on because there clear.

Are those unneeded holes near places that could be considered good placement for skids?
I could print some skids of specific size that you can mount with some spare M4 screws..
That'll cover the holes up and doubles as body protectors at the same time.

Take some pics and let me know how large you need & what color, to properly cover them up.

Could also make some small Faux intake vents (like on Lambos hoods) that could be glued to the body - you'll need to do some trimming of course.
I'd just need some dimensions to make it the right size to cover the hole ,with minimum trimming..
Sadly, no and no.
Eh, who needs a body anyway
Yo momma. 😊
I posted rubber grommets in the wrong thread like 3 hrs ago!! 😬
Sure you did, man. I totally believe you. 🙄
I use 2 pieces of 3m lexan laminating sheets adhesive to each other they’re used for photos and art work in super thin frames. Adhesive to adhesive they stay well and then I just touch up the paint on the inside on because they’re clear.
Hmmmm……

Just use my idea .simple and you'll get a nice custom look and like I said you'll have a nice sweet treat at the end ...and senton prime did mention about the rubber grommets but in my build thread 🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back