Kraton Final pics of my max5/56113sl install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streetsports

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
Running a 35t pinion and 4 of these for 120c 8200mah 8s. Last pic shows clearance. About 1mm from the steering.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...lipo-battery15.2v-4100mah-ptk-5101-19/p846159
20200206_230702.jpg
20200206_230818.jpg
20200206_230846.jpg

Nice! Same setup in one of mine other than batts. Have you ran it yet? I had 39T on mine and my gps said it barely broke 51 mph. A 35T may be a tad slow, but that can and heat sink will literally be cold, on the 39T I could barely feel any heat after a set of spkectrum 5000mah packs. I have 43T on mine now but weather isn't cooperating for me to test it out.

We need a smaller spur option for these 800kv cans.

Nice! Same setup in one of mine other than batts. Have you ran it yet? I had 39T on mine and my gps said it barely broke 51 mph. A 35T may be a tad slow, but that can and heat sink will literally be cold, on the 39T I could barely feel any heat after a set of spkectrum 5000mah packs. I have 43T on mine now but weather isn't cooperating for me to test it out.

Not yet. been busy building. 51 sounds slow. What I'm really needing is a smaller spur gear. kinda crazy that they havnt release a 2nd one yet. I cant go much bigger on the pinion before I'll need a new motor mount. It's a race between the mounts being in stock and arrma releasing a new spur.

Edit: I just read your post again. I somehow missed the last sentence the first time.
Waiting for that chassis to bend from the weight of that can and four packs alone ???????????
Lol most likely. These batteries are pretty amazing though. Something like 325 grams each. 2 of them are the exact size of your average 5000mah 4 cell hard case.

Not yet. been busy building. 51 sounds slow. What I'm really needing is a smaller spur gear. kinda crazy that they havnt release a 2nd one yet. I cant go much bigger on the pinion before I'll need a new motor mount. It's a race between the mounts being in stock and arrma releasing a new spur.

Edit: I just read your post again. I somehow missed the last sentence the first time.

I ordered some parts today to see if it's possible to make the limitless 34T spur work on the K8S, the shafts are both 8mmm diameter from what i can tell comparing bearing sizes so it may work, might have to create a flat spot on the shaft for the second grub screw, but we'll see next week when the parts come.

I ordered some parts today to see if it's possible to make the limitless 34T spur work on the K8S, the shafts are both 8mmm diameter from what i can tell comparing bearing sizes so it may work, might have to create a flat spot on the shaft for the second grub screw, but we'll see next week when the parts come.
It will work but it wont be fast enough. that's exactly what I'm using. ran it today and it seemed gutless. This thing must be a snail with factory electronics.

Oh wait you mean to just swap the whole spool into the kraton? If that works please let me know. that's exactly what this thing needs.

Yes use the limitless spur on the K8s input shaft as a spur. If it works, it would be a good size.

That rear hinge pin retainer/bulkhead is awful close to that motor can. Won't take much flex to have it smash into the motor. Hope it doesn't as it looks really nice. Looking forward to some videos of that thing!

That rear hinge pin retainer/bulkhead is awful close to that motor can. Won't take much flex to have it smash into the motor. Hope it doesn't as it looks really nice. Looking forward to some videos of that thing!
Hopefully someone will come out with an aluminum bellcrank setup soon. then I'll be able to trim back the aluminum a bit. It clears the hinge pin holder by a good amount though

Last edited:
Installed mine today, had to cut out a bit of the side mudguards as well as dremel down the bellcrank because I'm using the fastlane motor mount with a 42t pinion atm, really not much room left...
20200208_145513.jpg

20200208_201217.jpg

20200208_201232.jpg

Installed mine today, had to cut out a bit of the side mudguards as well as dremel down the bellcrank because I'm using the fastlane motor mount with a 42t pinion atm, really not much room left...

Been there done that. Need at least a 46T to clear the draglink with that can. I left the black walls of Arrma off mine, get any larger than what you have now pinion wise and you might as well toss them in the trash. That motor laughs at a 42T;)

View attachment 64420
View attachment 64421
View attachment 64422

Been there done that. Need at least a 46T to clear the draglink with that can. I left the black walls of Arrma off mine, get any larger than what you have now pinion wise and you might as well toss them in the trash. That motor laughs at a 42T;)

View attachment 64420
View attachment 64421
View attachment 64422
Yeah I'm following your thread, was curious on how much I'd have to fiddle to fit the can with the 42t. Will probably do a test run tomorrow to check the speed, 46t and 48t pinions are already on the way nevertheless ;). Lost my 44t somewhere, can't find it for the life of me :S

Just install my Hobby Wing 800kv with max5 and 39t pinion. Speed is maxed out in a matter of 3 seconds. Need a way bigger pinion. Any recommendations on pinion size?

Try a 39t limitless spool gear. Fits right in with a washer between the nut and the gear. I run 33/39 with a 990 kv and it is working pretty well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back