Outcast Finally broke something

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vedak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Anyone ever shear off a bolt for the shock mount after a crash? I've never had this happen before.

I went a little too ham off a ramp I built today, and landed nose first from about 8ft. Shock bolt broke right off, at the shock tower. Thankfully I found an extra screw to replace it.

Surprised nothing else broke, Arrma for the win!

Attachments

• busted shock.jpg
    busted shock.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 86
Yep I did that. One thing I did early on, was to order a full set of screws from one of the chop shops on Ebay. So I always have a replacement. Then I ordered a bunch of Cap head Screws from Grainger, and now have endless replacements. Notice the deeper hex, and they are a 2.5mm hex instead of 2mm. They don't fit everywhere, but I use them everywhere I can. And the BLING

Yep I did that. One thing I did early on, was to order a full set of screws from one of the chop shops on Ebay. So I always have a replacement. Then I ordered a bunch of Cap head Screws from Grainger, and now have endless replacements. Notice the deeper hex, and they are a 2.5mm hex instead of 2mm. They don't fit everywhere, but I use them everywhere I can. And the BLING
What tires are those in that first picture?

Good day of bashing and only a shock screw broken - sounds like a good day.
I agree! I was certainly pleased to see only that screw broken. Not a noobie to rc cars, but I'm just a terrible driver haha.
Yep, got a full ss screw kit on the way via ebay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back