Kraton Finally broke the kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omerta

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
after a few weeks of owning a kraton I have finally broken the stock servo.

any suggestions on a good upgraded servo / servo mount.

been looking at the EcoPower WP120T or JX Servo CLS-HV7332MG

not sure whether to get the Voltage Hobbies servo mount with the clamps or find a one piece?

also:
bent front right drive shaft
destroyed front diff case where the screws go in & bent the screws.
bent front hinge / pins going into a-arms
loose top right pivot ball / wheel can't seem to fix it when tightened all way.
bent wing / wing mount
bent stock front bar / typhoon t-bone bar.
chewed up the front input shaft cups & a bit of the a arms but still drives fine besides veering off to the right.
front part of the shell corners from bottom of windscreen cracked and is about to snap the front off even after 2-3 layers of gorilla tape.

all of the above happened after 1hr+ / x4 batteries 2 days in a row also due to being trigger happy first time doing front flips and back flips sending it as high as possible doing double flips abusing the hell out of it and yeah 4-6 bad landings / cart wheels later surprised its nothing major or crazy breakages.

Last edited:
I'm currently using an eco power in a Kraton and I don't believe it has the torque they advertise. It is on 7.4v too. Also heard (later) the intermediate gear is plastic. LHS guy conned me into trying it. Only had time for about 6 packs with it, so I can't say how durable it is yet.

after a few weeks of owning a kraton I have finally broken the stock servo.

any suggestions on a good upgraded servo / servo mount.

been looking at the EcoPower WP120T or JX Servo CLS-HV7332MG

not sure whether to get the Voltage Hobbies servo mount with the clamps or find a one piece?

also:
bent front right drive shaft
destroyed front diff case where the screws go in & bent the screws.
bent front hinge / pins going into a-arms
loose top right pivot ball / wheel can't seem to fix it when tightened all way.
bent wing / wing mount
bent stock front bar / typhoon t-bone bar.
chewed up the front input shaft cups & a bit of the a arms but still drives fine besides veering off to the right.
front part of the shell corners from bottom of windscreen cracked and is about to snap the front off even after 2-3 layers of gorilla tape.

all of the above happened after 1hr+ / x4 batteries 2 days in a row also due to being trigger happy first time doing front flips and back flips sending it as high as possible doing double flips abusing the hell out of it and yeah 4-6 bad landings / cart wheels later surprised its nothing major or crazy breakages.
There’s lots of good servos out there. Make sure it has at least 25kg rating at 6V and is fast too. Don’t be fooled by 7.4V ratings unless you have the proper BEC.

Driveshafts can be repaired in a vice with 3 bolts. @Mr.Duke has posts about this.

Front diff case is a bummer. M2C makes braces that might help with that. @bicketybam just did a video on them.

One things for sure, you have my driving skills down pat. You just need more time behind the wheel to get better. If nothing else, you’re having fun ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back