Typhon finally getting my new 3s typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason inman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
  3. BigRock 4x4
granite 4x4 blx3s was my first arrma ever, then my wife got me my kraton 2018 v3 for my birthday i been wanting the kraton since the v1. only ran my kraton once but run the crap out of my granite. then couple weeks later arrma released the big rock so i had to have one. havnt ran it yet cuz weather is all nastey and im real particular about my toys. my LHS put in an order for the new typhon and it just arrived so im super excited about picking it up. even though its just gonna sit next to my kraton and bigrock and yeti XL and wont be ran for months!!lol oh well super pumped!

DOES ANY ONE KNOW A MEMBER NAMED RICH DUPERBASHE? anyone ever see his youtube videos? OMG this dude is like a god when it comes to bashing these rigs, he sends these rigs 20 feet in the air and lands them almost perfectly everytime like riding a bike comes second nature to him. i wish i could communicate with him directly and get to kmnow him better get some pointers lol man is amazing

Make sure to look up @Thomas P videos as well. He runs in a gravel pit with all his rigs. Some of the jumps are 30 or 40 feet straight of the edge of a gravel mountain, and his air control when flipping is incredible.

I have the Granite 3S BLX, all stock. I am impressed with the performance and durability. I suspect the 3S line of Arrmas may have a higher strength to weight / power ratio than their 6S brethren.

I would be interested to see a 1/10th scale 3S truggy!

DOES ANY ONE KNOW A MEMBER NAMED RICH DUPERBASHE? anyone ever see his youtube videos? OMG this dude is like a god when it comes to bashing these rigs, he sends these rigs 20 feet in the air and lands them almost perfectly everytime like riding a bike comes second nature to him.

You do realize that there are about 100 edits in his videos, right? I'm sure he drives good, but check out some of his unedited videos for a more accurate perspective.

You do realize that there are about 100 edits in his videos, right? I'm sure he drives good, but check out some of his unedited videos for a more accurate perspective.

What next? You gonna go to the local elementary school and tell the kids there's no Santa Claus??

well here it is!!! picked up the hot racing motor mount because i wasnt gonna drill into another brand new rig just to get the mesh correct. however awsome to see there mounts are now drilled to facilitate 13tooth pinions as well as 15, 20 and 26

Attachments

• IMG_5326.JPG
    IMG_5326.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 43
i also had to fix how arrma had there wire managment on the motor wires, counldnt stand it. lol before and after pics on the motor wires. awsome rig only ran it for a few minutes definatly handles like a buggy. not just a truck with buggy wheels and body crazy

Attachments

• 56842722276__83BD1799-F2D3-4F12-B9EB-EF2ECD0046BE.JPG
    56842722276__83BD1799-F2D3-4F12-B9EB-EF2ECD0046BE.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5276.JPG
    IMG_5276.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 58
Be careful of heat melting your motor leads. That heat sink is going to funnel the heat from the motor right towards those leads. I had mine across the top of the heat sink and it melted them.

Be careful of heat melting your motor leads. That heat sink is going to funnel the heat from the motor right towards those leads. I had mine across the top of the heat sink and it melted them.
thankyouu for the tip. i don't feel like my typhon is as fast as my granite. even with the stock motor in granite the typhon seems slower. probly the wheels. i think im gonna gear up a little. i had the 20tooth on my granite with stock motor and it was out of control lol

has anyone noticed the drivetrain in the longer wheel based blx 3s rigs (bigrock, senton, typhon) seem to be a whole lot louder than the granite? took my stephascope to my typhon and that sound is coming from the "carrier" support bearing on the driveshaft. i have an extra one laying around so i installed in on my granite just to confirm and sure enough... same noise. now i understand arrma has the motor pinion/spur mesh too tight from factory which makes them crazy loud but i fixed that issue on my rigs. but that center support bearing noise is really annoying. lol wonder what could be done about it?wonder if it can just be eliminated from the longer wheel based rigs all together? or would the drive shaft pop out during the course of impact? perhaps a tighter better quality sealed bearing unit is the answer

has anyone noticed the drivetrain in the longer wheel based blx 3s rigs (bigrock, senton, typhon) seem to be a whole lot louder than the granite? took my stephascope to my typhon and that sound is coming from the "carrier" support bearing on the driveshaft. i have an extra one laying around so i installed in on my granite just to confirm and sure enough... same noise. now i understand arrma has the motor pinion/spur mesh too tight from factory which makes them crazy loud but i fixed that issue on my rigs. but that center support bearing noise is really annoying. lol wonder what could be done about it?wonder if it can just be eliminated from the longer wheel based rigs all together? or would the drive shaft pop out during the course of impact? perhaps a tighter better quality sealed bearing unit is the answer

Definitely replace that bearing. And for what it's worth I ran my converted Mega Senton to speeds over 50 without that center driveshaft support with no ill effects.

Definitely replace that bearing. And for what it's worth I ran my converted Mega Senton to speeds over 50 without that center driveshaft support with no ill effects.
thank you for your quick reply. yeah ill start with a better quality bearing like maybe abec5 sealed and go from there.

Hi Jason,
My son is talking about this Typhon 3s and I am questionning about the front little bumper.
The Arrma interactive view is still not available, but from the pictures, is there a possibility for a Senton front bumper?
If yes, could it affect the air jump balance? If yes, need a rear bumper?
Finally, does it worth at all?
Thanks for the report + pictures.
PL

I have the Granite 3S BLX, all stock. I am impressed with the performance and durability. I suspect the 3S line of Arrmas may have a higher strength to weight / power ratio than their 6S brethren.

I would be interested to see a 1/10th scale 3S truggy!
Nope, the 6s cars have literally twice the power to weight ratios as the 3s cars. And it's NOT just because of the 3s-6s thing. I can use the Typhon as a direct example since they have the same size/scale & do the long calculations but I have other things to do tonight :LOL: As for durability, I have had all 3 6s Typhons & I have never broken a part on any except for the v3's stupid plastic shock caps which were immediately replaced with v3 Kraton caps. I even still have all 3 stock bodies. My Typhon 3s came with busted shocks . . .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back